Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 275

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Congrats shovelhead, sorry to hear about losing 4k like that!...

Page 275 of 297 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 4453
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Congrats shovelhead, sorry to hear about losing 4k like that!

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shovelhead68 View Post
    Well after a lot of RED TAPE !! I Finally Received My CC License !!

Too make a long story short , I was a victim of mistakin identity . Some ******* in California Had Used my name in a Crime , in the 1990's .

I had too go through HELL too get my Permit ! And my Name Cleared !! Thanks too the F.B.I And the Wi DOJ , They were able too sort this Mess Out !

Man I have Never had too Fight Like that before . I signed up with Life Lock Too , Too Prevent this From Happing Again !!

My CC # is 1111** . Thank God !! Peace "ShovelHead"
    Congrats Shovelhead68,
    I sure that must have felt like a nightmare? Glad to hear it all worked out, and you can exercise your 2nd amendment right.

VIP Member
    Yeah i Feel Very relieved now that everything is in order , Weird thing is , that i've Never been too California !
    Don't think I will ever go there , there DOJ , is Very Hard too deal with ! I spent over 4 K , in Legal fees Alone . Too clear my Name for something I did'nt do .. But how can you put a price on your 2nd Amendment ? It gives me great peace of mind knowing that , I can CC Legaly now !!!!
    Sorry you had to spend $4,000.00 on a weasel ( lawyer). I am with you CA or IL. no thanks! I have to drive thru IL but only pay the tolls. I do not stop.

VIP Member
    Just got some great news! My retired Navy friend wants to get his WI CCL he is a 28 year retired commander. Had handgun and rifle training in the service. He has his DD214. My Question is does he have to pay the $50.00 or just the $13.00? He told me because he is a vet it is only $13.00. I wasn't sure. I will post his status as it unfolds. I think I will email him an application today.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Just got some great news! My retired Navy friend wants to get his WI CCL he is a 28 year retired commander. Had handgun and rifle training in the service. He has his DD214. My Question is does he have to pay the $50.00 or just the $13.00? He told me because he is a vet it is only $13.00. I wasn't sure. I will post his status as it unfolds. I think I will email him an application today.
    He has to pay the entire fee. The only plus veterans get is a honorable discharge (DD214) is they are exempt from having to pay to show proof of training as required by law. In reality vets did pay a price of X years of service.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Sorry you had to spend $4,000.00 on a weasel ( lawyer). I am with you CA or IL. no thanks! I have to drive thru IL but only pay the tolls. I do not stop.
    I just had to drive through all of IL, I have never been cut off and almost run into more in my life...maybe people are just not used to big trucks with trailers? I had to go down to help my brother move back to WI from St. Louis...crazy place that IL...we managed to avoid all tolls though...

I'm not saying California is a bad State , Just there DOJ Sucks Really Bad !

And they could of care less , about helping me .

I understand that, my mother in law has to deal with private insurance, Medicare and Medicaid issues, very hit and miss with phone reps...I can't believe how much crap people are willing to put people through because they are too lazy to do their job...or don't care.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    He has to pay the entire fee. The only plus veterans get is a honorable discharge (DD214) is they are exempt from having to pay to show proof of training as required by law. In reality vets did pay a price of X years of service.
    Thanks

I just read the whole thing again. I was good to do. Here is the link in case you haven't looked at it in a while I figure we should all look at it from time to time. http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2011...ed/acts/35.pdf

VIP Member
    I'm not saying California is a bad State , Just there DOJ Sucks Really Bad !

And they could of care less , about helping me .
    Like IL they have very bad state government ( too spendy and too much entitlements). I like the climate. They got a Stanley Cup winner now!

Good news -- DOJ needs more money to keep up with applications

MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The state Justice Department wants to spend another $788,000 to keep up with concealed carry applications.

MADISON-People have overwhelmed DOJ with applications since a law legalizing hidden weapons in Wisconsin went into effect in November. The agency has received more than 120,000 applications so far.

State Officials Need More Money for Concealed Carry | CBS 58 | Local News
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The state Justice Department wants to spend another $788,000 to keep up with concealed carry applications.

MADISON-People have overwhelmed DOJ with applications since a law legalizing hidden weapons in Wisconsin went into effect in November. The agency has received more than 120,000 applications so far.

Yes good news showing that CCW is going strong here in the state, and no signs of slowing down. But where will this extra money come from? Raising fees? I might be ok with that, IF the increase in fees stays just for that. And nothing more.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
    Yes good news showing that CCW is going strong here in the state, and no signs of slowing down. But where will this extra money come from? Raising fees? I might be ok with that, IF the increase in fees stays just for that. And nothing more.
    They brought in more than 5 million dollars so far. The program will pay for itself and then some.

Average 17,142 permits per month since they started taking apps. Or in other words $857,142.00 per month brought in. So they don't even want a full months of fees to upgrade the program. Seems reasonable to me.
    ANYBODY OUT THERE WITH A PERMIT WITH 115K OR HIGHER????

VIP Member

Very good news but 120,000 we can do much better sign someone soon.

Sponsored Links