Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I mailed mine out one June 19th and was issued on July 3rd and was in my hand on July 7th. #115241...

Page 278 of 297 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 4444
Like Tree2175Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

I mailed mine out one June 19th and was issued on July 3rd and was in my hand on July 7th. #115241
    sid1 and Crowman like this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sty57 View Post
    I mailed mine out one June 19th and was issued on July 3rd and was in my hand on July 7th. #115241
    Congrats!

Congrats.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sty57 View Post
    just in time for 4th of July

thanks for the update!!!!!!!!!!

VIP Member
    Retired Navy buddy sent his app in on Friday July 6th. After foot dragging for 3 weeks. Update to follow.

Thumbs up Got mine

Filled out app 7/4 mailed 7/5 permit in hand 7/12 nice job doj. My number was in the 115 k range
    Crowman likes this.

A lil late but I'm new lol mailed my app 11/1 receive it 12/2 #14xxx
    Crowman and sid1 like this.

Utah Non Res in the mail box today. 59 days since mailing, 49 since they took payment.

so my wife asked me today what percentage of carry permit holders here (wisconsin) do i think actually carry. i said 15-30%. just a guess. i have talked to four in my town, of those four only one has a gun with him daily, and he keeps it in a lock box under his seat but doesn't carry it on him. i carry every day unless i decide to drink.
    sid1 likes this.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

GH
    I mailed the application on 4/30 & received the license on 5/8. #105451

Just purchased a S&W Sigma .40 cal 3 weeks ago. It took that long for me to be able to afford it. My son has my Glock 21 .45cal & Glock 23 .40 cal & didn't want to ask for them. A gift, you know.

Love Gov Scott Walker (R) & the Republican Legislature!!
    Crowman likes this.

so you owned 2 glocks but decided to go with s&w? why may i ask? glock to me just seems like the perfect e.d.c. pistol. parkerized finish, poly frame...nothing to corrode.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

GH
    The Sigma is a Glock knock-off & half the price. I bought it new w/2 mags, a holster & box of ammo plus some cleaning equipment (gave that to my son, too) for about $275. That's all I could afford unless I bought off-brand. S&W got sued by Glock for copyright infringement & it was settled for an unknown amount of $$. The major difference is the heavy trigger pull which can be corrected with Glock springs (or none at all). I actually like the 10 pound trigger once I got used to it. Not much different than a DA revolver. It's supposed to go a pound or so lighter after a couple of hundred rounds. Otherwise it's almost identical to a Glock 22/23 (about half way between the two with a 4" barrel.

The Sigma is poly with a stainless steel slide & barrel making it a tad heavier than the 23. Nothing to rust, there. The mags are 14 rounds + one in the chamber. I've heard that mags are available with more capacity but 15 plus a spare mag should be enough, lol.

Concealed carry applicants in Wisconsin would have to learn about the use of deadly force and how to avoid violent situations under new rules the state Justice Department has proposed.
    Wisconsin DOJ proposes new concealed carry rules
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty View Post
    so my wife asked me today what percentage of carry permit holders here (wisconsin) do i think actually carry. i said 15-30%. just a guess. i have talked to four in my town, of those four only one has a gun with him daily, and he keeps it in a lock box under his seat but doesn't carry it on him. i carry every day unless i decide to drink.
    I have carried every day since receipt of my CCL in mid December. Three times I left home without one of my carry guns because I new a cocktail or two would be consumed.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

I have a S&W Sigma Layser lite , 9mm . It's A great Gun ! It's one of my main CC guns , I have a Glock 23 Also and I prefer the S&W over the Glock .

I now have 23 family members that have gotten there CC Permit !! Our next family reunion will be more like a gun show ! LOL
    Crowman likes this.

Links