Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 28

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by kathie63 I don't know if the slight difference such as duplex vs # would make a difference...I think that would be really ...

Page 28 of 297 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    I don't know if the slight difference such as duplex vs # would make a difference...I think that would be really picky to deny on that slight of a difference!! I may be denied as I forgot to add a name I used 25 years ago.
    You guys are getting far too worried. If check was cashed app is complete, which means the only thing between you and a permit is a back round check. An address issue would be considered incorrect/incomplete information and permit would be rejected as such resulting in return of check, as would a name issue. Besides, this information would not affect the outcome or even appear in the results of a back round check.

I received mine yesterday and mailed it on the 1st. You probably will receive it between now and one week. Besides if you got rejected, you would probably be informed of that before you would have received your permit. Look at it taking long as a good sign.

From what I have seen, I would say average total time from mailing date to receive date is 22-25 days. Everything in between varies widely (time from mail to check, time from check to issue, time from check to receive. You have to remember also, mail service is going to start lagging around the 1st of Dec.

Just curious, what kind of questions were these people asking? if you don't mind...

Quote Originally Posted by jducati11 View Post
    You guys are getting far too worried. If check was cashed app is complete, which means the only thing between you and a permit is a back round check. An address issue would be considered incorrect/incomplete information and permit would be rejected as such resulting in return of check, as would a name issue. Besides, this information would not affect the outcome or even appear in the results of a back round check.

I received mine yesterday and mailed it on the 1st. You probably will receive it between now and one week. Besides if you got rejected, you would probably be informed of that before you would have received your permit. Look at it taking long as a good sign.

From what I have seen, I would say average total time from mailing date to receive date is 22-25 days. Everything in between varies widely (time from mail to check, time from check to issue, time from check to receive. You have to remember also, mail service is going to start lagging around the 1st of Dec.
    Thanks for the info. Makes sense.

The name I forgot to list was not detected on 4 prior gun purchases but was detected on the last one, I had to go to DMV site and printout my abstract to see what name they were even talking about then I had to tell my FFL the name so he could tell them then the purchase was approved...that name is also on the DMV records. So until they did the background check all would seem right on the application.

pps
    Just curious, what kind of questions were these people asking? if you don't mind...
    Who is this question directed to? please use Reply with Quote options...

pps
    Quote Originally Posted by trip20 View Post
    Forms submitted: 11/1/2011
    Mailed from: Wausau, WI
    Proof of Training: copy of Hunters Safety card
    Check cashed: 11/14/2011 (posted to acct, but is stamped 11/10/2011 on the back)
    License Issued: 11/28/2011
    License received: 11/30/2011
    What number please?

pps
    Quote Originally Posted by LC9 View Post
    Hello. I was wondering what sort of timelines you were all looking at so I figured I'd share mine.

I have a friend in MKE that sent his on 11/1, and he posted that he got his permit in the mail on 11/21.

I actually work 1 block from the capital building, so I strolled on over there when I got back into town from a work trip. I submitted mine in person on 11/21 and my check was cashed 11/25.

Much like all of you, I'm quite anxious to get mine back. I grew up around firearms but just recently purchased my very first, a Ruger LC9.

I looked on their website and they insist that they will not provide any sort of confirmation over the phone. I took a walk over there again today on my lunch break. I can see why the woman who you all have been calling is being short. She took 3 calls while I was waiting patiently at the front desk and I could hear what people were saying on the other end.

I explained why I was there and she explained the process very politely.

It is a 3 step deal. First they check your application to make sure you provided everything you needed to. If you have everything you should have, they cash the check and the envelope then goes to background check. Once background check is completed it gets sent over to be printed and packaged in an envelope. Once it is in the envelope, it actually has to go to another department in the capital building to get stamps put on. The following day it is sent out in themail.

I asked her if there was a database she could use to tell me what stage mine was in, and she says there isn't. She says a look-up process will be in place, but not until 12/15, which is the 45 day marker from 11/1. She said she has no idea what that process will look like until 12/15.

Every day I come home feeling like a kid on Christmas only to be disappointed that it hasn't arrived. But there is no conspiracy, no foul play, they are just inundated with applications and you have to expect it to take some time. Hounding the poor woman at the desk serves no benefit to anyone.
    LOL then why were you bugging her also, showing up is just as bad as a phone call..

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    The name I forgot to list was not detected on 4 prior gun purchases but was detected on the last one, I had to go to DMV site and printout my abstract to see what name they were even talking about then I had to tell my FFL the name so he could tell them then the purchase was approved...that name is also on the DMV records. So until they did the background check all would seem right on the application.
    wow, very odd...no legal name change? this was simply an alias?

This state is so ass backward. 22 days nothing

Still nothing!

pps
    Yeh same here nothing today

Update:

11/2: Wife and I both mailed from way up north.
    11/14: My check cashed - Don't know when wife's cashed.
    11/16: My check processed through my bank.
    12/1: Wife's was in today's mail. Nothing for me.

Don't know her number or when it was issued, will update that later. As for me, I know better than to assume mine should be following her's shortly. Back to the waiting game for me.

Thank You

[QUOTE=pps;2090353]Michael
    Thank You Mr. O' Keefe for the response. It is appreciated. We all support making this process more efficient and know it takes time. Some of the frustration here is the "Bank Teller Line"" syndrome. , or why is my line moving so darned slow.

I haven't been this excited about something since I got my drivers licence, 40 years ago!

Just more catalogs and bills, no permits.

Checked mail again today, and AGAIN, nothing.
    Sent Nov 1st.
    Check cashed NOV 8TH!!
    They cashed my check 23 days ago!!
    Waiting game is no fun.

Sponsored Links