Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MMouse I mailed my application out on Thursday Aug 9th 2012 and just recived it in the mail today Monday Aug 20th ...

Page 281 of 296 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 4440
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MMouse View Post
    I mailed my application out on Thursday Aug 9th 2012 and just recived it in the mail today Monday Aug 20th 2912. Issused on 08/16/2012 # 123XXX. I am just sorry I waited so long to apply.
    Congrats!

2. Remove Ads

My wife sent her application out on Thursday August 16. I am thinking her license number will be damn near a perfect 100,000 over mine (24,1##). Should be only a few days of waiting to find out!
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
    George Washington
    State of the Union Address
    01/08/1790

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMeanor View Post
    My wife sent her application out on Thursday August 16. I am thinking her license number will be damn near a perfect 100,000 over mine (24,1##). Should be only a few days of waiting to find out!
    Keep us posted on her status.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Keep us posted on her status.

thanks!
    It has been 8 days and it has not arrived. The Eau Claire mail sorting facility closed a month or two ago, so all of our mail now goes through the Minneapolis sort faculty. Out going and incoming mail has been extremely slow. My wife is now hovering around the mailbox daily. Reminds me of myself back in November and December lat year. I doubt she will have to wait 48 days like I did!
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
    George Washington
    01/08/1790

She got it! 100,304 off from mine. 124,4##

Sent 8/16
    Issued 8/22
    Received in mail 8/25
    Crowman likes this.
    George Washington
    01/08/1790

GH
    Good service for your wife's license, MrMeanor. I beat her by on day. I must have hit it just right - a slow application day at DOJ & fast USPO days. It would be super-great to over over 200,000 by November. Maybe the politicians in some parts of the state (Milwaukee for one) would think twice if (when) they try to screw us over. Of course I mean numbers of voters - not number of packing, pissed off people, lol.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    Good service for your wife's license, MrMeanor. I beat her by on day. I must have hit it just right - a slow application day at DOJ & fast USPO days. It would be super-great to over over 200,000 by November. Maybe the politicians in some parts of the state (Milwaukee for one) would think twice if (when) they try to screw us over. Of course I mean numbers of voters - not number of packing, pissed off people, lol.
    Numbers are a little weaker than we had hopped for but we have time. Sign up a friend soon. Numbers is the only hope we have of hanging on to the right we fought so hard for.

GH
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Numbers are a little weaker than we had hopped for but we have time. Sign up a friend soon. Numbers is the only hope we have of hanging on to the right we fought so hard for.
    Who says I have friends? lol. The ones I have beat me to a license. I've got about all the family members licensed that I'd feel safe with them carrying. Two grandsons are too young at 10 & 13 but both shoot & are well versed in firearms safety. The 13 year old & his mom live with us & doesn't even know where I store the gun when I'm not wearing it. He has his own CO2 pellet pistol which we shoot in the basement. I give him a safety briefing each time when we're ready to shoot plus at least once a week I safety brief him on my gun. My former Army Ranger son is now in the Milwaukee Police Academy & the class was specifically told they cannot carry a firearm, licensed or not & if caught they will be expelled. He was about to apply for a CCL when he found that out. In 5 months he'll be able to carry as much as he wants. His fiance is planning on getting her CCL & I believe has started looking for a class. She'll be using my Glock 23 which I gave my son before the CCL law was passed & when Doyle was still governor. Biggest mistake I've made in a long, long time. Who'd have thunk? It's all good. My time on earth is getting short & hers still has a long way to go.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

My wife and daughter and I all took a class that will be good for our WI, and MN permits. I have had my WI permit since Dec. My wife and daughter will be mailing their Wi in this next week. I plan to get my MN permit as soon as my renewd drivers license comes in the mail. Plans to go west for vacation next summer, so it will be much easier to CC.
    MrMeanor likes this.

I just received my WI CCW today 8/28.

Mailed in 8/18. Check cleared 8/24. Issued on 8/27.
    Crowman, sid1 and MrMeanor like this.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chili96 View Post
    I just received my WI CCW today 8/28.

Mailed in 8/18. Check cleared 8/24. Issued on 8/27.
    Welcome to the forum, and Congrats!

VIP Member
    How many issued so far in WI.

I received my CCW license on September 5th. Just about two weeks after mailing in the application. Looks like I am number 127,3##.
    MrBuckwheat and Crowman like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    I received my CCW license on September 5th. Just about two weeks after mailing in the application. Looks like I am number 127,3##.
    thanks for your update.

I was hoping we would have in the 175k range by now.
    sioux565 likes this.

As a complement to my Wisconsin CCW, I just got my Utah permit after about 50 days. Thought I would share this and bring this thread back to the top of the list.
    Crowman likes this.
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin
    "A gentlemen will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Links