Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 283

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Congratulations, been a year! 140K range good. I have my wife and two of her friends coming to my class to get their training and ...

Page 283 of 297 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 4453
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

VIP Member
    Congratulations, been a year! 140K range good. I have my wife and two of her friends coming to my class to get their training and apply for permits by years end. I told my wife I would purchase a new gun for her for Christmas and we could go pick it out. She said she was just going into the safe and take one that she already 1/2 owns. Darn any reason to purchase a new gun is a good one.

Well I've been carrying daily since getting my license last Friday. Feels great to know I'm protected. Bought one of those gunvault & liking that thing a lot. Like a few of you (& I) predicted it did not take long before I got a 2nd handgun! I've shot & been wanting a Walther PPKs Blue & came across a new one at a good price so had to "pull the trigger" and buy it! I bought it online so don't have it yet but excited about that one. I know it's a lot bigger & heavier than modern day 380 & 9mm even BUT to me it's just a cool classic (Bond) one & the times I've shot it at the range I've enjoyed it.

Nice! Makes buying/owning guns so much easier when the wife is on board!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Congratulations, been a year! 140K range good. I have my wife and two of her friends coming to my class to get their training and apply for permits by years end. I told my wife I would purchase a new gun for her for Christmas and we could go pick it out. She said she was just going into the safe and take one that she already 1/2 owns. Darn any reason to purchase a new gun is a good one.

Still Waiting!

I summited my app for my CCW permit on Sept. 27th, 2012, check posted on Oct. 4th, I still haven't got my permit. Tomorrow is 2 months from appying, see some people have gotten them within a month. Has anyone else had a wait like me for their CCW? Is there anyway I can find out what's going with my applicatiion? I am now in Florida for winter, want to apply for Florida and Utah but need my permit from WI before applying.

I would check. Everything I've heard (including my experience a couple of weeks ago) is that WI takes less than 2 weeks to issue the permit. Maybe the application got lost?

Quote Originally Posted by gkorbar View Post
    I summited my app for my CCW permit on Sept. 27th, 2012, check posted on Oct. 4th, I still haven't got my permit. Tomorrow is 2 months from appying, see some people have gotten them within a month. Has anyone else had a wait like me for their CCW? Is there anyway I can find out what's going with my applicatiion? I am now in Florida for winter, want to apply for Florida and Utah but need my permit from WI before applying.

I checked with the DOJ, called and left message, they called back right away. Seems that they lost my application, told me to resumit my app with a copy of my check that they cashed, and a letter explaining what happened, and they would expidate it. Was told that turnaround is about two weeks not the two months I waited. I can't believe they could lose my app but cash my check. I mailed it overnight twice now, probably $30 in postage,I hope they don't misplace it again.

Great news. My wife has decided to get her permit. After the first of the year, I'll find a course for her, and of course this will call for buying another gun.
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gkorbar View Post
    I checked with the DOJ, called and left message, they called back right away. Seems that they lost my application, told me to resumit my app with a copy of my check that they cashed, and a letter explaining what happened, and they would expidate it. Was told that turnaround is about two weeks not the two months I waited. I can't believe they could lose my app but cash my check. I mailed it overnight twice now, probably $30 in postage,I hope they don't misplace it again.
    Sorry about your lost form. I can believe it. The checks go one way and the paperwork goes the other. I would like to hear from anybody that got a permit but found their check never got cashed. I bet the state has not lost 1 check.
    Please give us your updates with permit range when you get it!

Overall the state has done a good job on the process.

Back when my wife got her CCL the check didn't clear until one week after she received her card!
    "The philosophy of gun control: Teenagers are roaring through town at 90MPH, where the speed limit is 25. Your solution is to lower the speed limit to 20."
    - Sam Cohen (inventor of the neutron bomb)

Mailed application 16 Nov, Issued 3 Dec, Recieved 5 Dec. Number 1438**
    Crowman and sioux565 like this.

Congrats and happy carrying............
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    Mrs. Buckwheat just took the class. Update on her permit to follow!!!!! Will mail on Monday 12-10-12
    Crowman likes this.

VIP Member
    Mailed the application from Waukesha post office. I just sent it regular, so I can post update and status. Will see how long it takes and what her permit number will be.

Mailed Nov 29th
    Issued Nov 30th
    Received Dec 4th
    Number 1437##
    Check cashed Dec 6th

Carrying everyday since, still getting used to it.
    Crowman likes this.

VIP Member
    I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    Slight Barf Alert - article. Mostly positive (Progressive slant on sour milk concerning WI Carry Laws).

Note - the blood is not running in the streets in WI!

Congrats! Keep your 2A Wi!

Concealed carry law in the spotlight

Concealed carry: one year report card -- Walworth County Today

Sponsored Links