Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jerp Notice you live in West Allis (stallis) i noticed a while back after i moved here, i live 4 blocks away ...

Page 29 of 297 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
Like Tree2175Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    Notice you live in West Allis (stallis) i noticed a while back after i moved here, i live 4 blocks away from the post office near 76th an greenfield, and i still get any mail later than usual. Example: had a letter sent from city hall (across the street from said post office) it took that letter 5days to get to me. It was sent on the day it was written and didnt show up till 5 days later. Now, i believe that it is just a slow (possibly stupid )post office. And i am blaming the post office because this happens to my mail routinely. You live in west allis, does this happen to you?
    Not sure if you know this, but we have contract mail carriers who don't even have to wear Postal uniforms... I routinely get my neighbor's mail and as of today, still no permit

2. Remove Ads

If my check cleared on 11-23 would anyone like to speculate when i will get mine.

Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    If my check cleared on 11-23 would anyone like to speculate when i will get mine.
    That's the million dollar question!

Its hard to say the first 10k applications or so were getting their permits after about 7-10 days after checks clearing. Now, everyones checks are cleared and it is taking in some cases 20+ days.

It seems unless you submitted your application in the first 3-4 days, you may as well have waited for Dec. 1st for their 21 day rule instead of the 45 day.

Quote Originally Posted by jugganate View Post
    Its hard to say the first 10k applications or so were getting their permits after about 7-10 days after checks clearing. Now, everyones checks are cleared and it is taking in some cases 20+ days.

It seems unless you submitted your application in the first 3-4 days, you may as well have waited for Dec. 1st for their 21 day rule instead of the 45 day.
    that sucks should i send in another app.lol

11/2 - My husband & I mailed our applications to DOJ in the same envelope

11/10 - Both of our checks cashed

11/25 - My husband received his CCW permit

as of 12/1, I'm still waiting for mine....

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    Update:

11/2: Wife and I both mailed from way up north.
    11/14: My check cashed - Don't know when wife's cashed.
    11/16: My check processed through my bank.
    12/1: Wife's was in today's mail. Nothing for me.

Don't know her number or when it was issued, will update that later. As for me, I know better than to assume mine should be following her's shortly. Back to the waiting game for me.
    Updated Update:

Wife got hers today. Nothing for me yet.
    Hers was issued 11/25
    Permit #: 14***

I have a Question

Does anybody know what the next step if its been more than 45 days and nothing? im on 25 days now and starting to wonder. im still being patient but n Madison I asked about open carrying and was told by the Madison police that I would get a ticket and have to fight in court, obviously It would be dropped but I don't want to go threw all that ****.

Quote Originally Posted by THEONLYGHOST View Post
    Does anybody know what the next step if its been more than 45 days and nothing? im on 25 days now and starting to wonder. im still being patient but n Madison I asked about open carrying and was told by the Madison police that I would get a ticket and have to fight in court, obviously It would be dropped but I don't want to go threw all that ****.
    That is bs. the doj clearly states you cannot be charged with disorderly conduct for open carry. please post more info and if anyone else has more info i would be very interest
    ed to hear it.

update

11/01/2011 Wife and I mailed apps from AZ with postal money orders not checks
    11/29/2011 my permit issued #158xx
    received today 12/01/2011
    nothing for her yet

my life has not changed significantly. I must be missing something.
    Last edited by vincent2sum; December 1st, 2011 at 08:26 PM. Reason: wrong word

That is bs. the doj clearly states you cannot be charged with disorderly conduct for open carry. please post more info and if anyone else has more info i would be very interest
    ed to hear it.
    I fully agree with you it is bs because it is legal, I haven't gotten one but I asked a Madison police officer who was happy to talk about concealed carry but when I kept asking about open carry he begrudgingly told me what I wanted to know, he said that I could do it but if (there is a disturbance) IE someone calling the cops because they see me with a holstered gun they will give a situation, this was also the same information a Middleton police officer told me. However the Middleton police officer was a bit more forthcoming to tell me I would be able to take it to court and have it dropped because it is fully legal as long as I am being responsible. This is unfortunately all the information I have for you I asked about 1 week ago (Middleton and Madison Wisconsin all on duty police officers)

I fully agree with you it is bs because it is legal, I haven't gotten one but I asked a Madison police officer who was happy to talk about concealed carry but when I kept asking about open carry he begrudgingly told me what I wanted to know, he said that I could do it but if (there is a disturbance) IE someone calling the cops because they see me with a holstered gun they will give a situation, this was also the same information a Middleton police officer told me. However the Middleton police officer was a bit more forthcoming to tell me I would be able to take it to court and have it dropped because it is fully legal as long as I am being responsible. This is unfortunately all the information I have for you I asked about 1 week ago (Middleton and Madison Wisconsin all on duty police officers)
    that is still bs because even the da has told cops not to charge people with disorderly conduct fot open carry. i think i might just call the cheif tomarrow and ask cuz that is not true

You will not be arrested, nor will you have to go to court simply for legally open carrying as you go about your business. As I think was mentioned by another posted, there is no grounds for disorderly conduct solely for performing the lawful act of open carrying. You would have to do something else in conjunction with OC'ing in order for you to be arrested. Madison was sued for being overzealous with OC'ers... If they do it again it will be worth your trouble as you'd likely be compensated.
    kathie63 likes this.

Sent 11/1
    Check cleared 11/15
    Permit issued 11/23
    Permit received 11/29
    #135XX

Process is poor. I know of one permit issued to someone that used another state permit didn't send the affidavit and got his without a question.

Again NOTHING!

Links