Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all, Has anyone here had success using the maryland online training and recieved a wis ccw permit?sent in the paperwork the 14th no check ...

Page 30 of 297 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
Like Tree2175Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

new member with questions

Hi all, Has anyone here had success using the maryland online training and recieved a wis ccw permit?sent in the paperwork the 14th
    no check cashed as of today(personal check)
    Beginning to think my paperwork is laying in a ditch next to a farmfield out here.
    Great site and I am a former FFL and in the process of getting that again.

2. Remove Ads

In the beginning they said that the online training will not be accepted. That said they have changed the rules a couple times since then, but I think they will still not accept online training.

UPDATE:

11/2-Wife and I mailed both at the same time/same place using same training.
    11/14- Both her and my checks cashed by DOJ
    12/1- Wife got her permit. Issued 11/25 #14***
    12/2- Again, nothing in the mail for me. Day 31

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledown View Post
    In the beginning they said that the online training will not be accepted. That said they have changed the rules a couple times since then, but I think they will still not accept online training.
    I thought th rules changed so you did not have to provide any training. Can anyone post a link to the new
    rules?

My buddy just told me his check was cashed 11-17. I will update when he gets his.

I have attached a link to the website. It says that the time requirement along with most of the stuff that they required be listed on the certificate has been removed. The training is still required, (paraphrasing so please no attacks for lack of precision) it must be a nationally recognized class, or a class taught by an instructor certified by a nationally recognized organization. The exact definition is in the FAQ section on the page provided by the link.

http://http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dl...ealedCarry.asp

Well, with over 14000 permits issued I would imagine some have used the maryland online training as it was a huge topic on the internet. Maybe someone will chime in that has used it successfully. thanks again for the reply's.

IT'S HERE IT'S HERE I HAVE IT IN MY HANDS

Mailed 11/1 with my wifes.
    Check cashed 11/17
    Permit issued 11/29
    In my grubby hands 12/2
    Permit # 161xx

Wife is still waiting but much more patient than I.
    Only about 4000 left to be caught up from the first week.
    Last edited by Doubledown; December 2nd, 2011 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Forgot to add permit #

I've lurked for a few days and just registered to say this:

My anticipation had reached its peak a few days ago. I was sure I was going to receive my license that day so I went to the mailbox again and did not even receive junk mail. I decided to throw in the towel. The excitement had worn off and I've given up on receiving my license completely. When filling out the form I had filled it out EXACTLY how it was filled out on my driver's license and only included my middle initial.

As days had gone by anticipation turned into worry as I was sure that I was denied because I only included my middle initial on the application form. Then I was sure that I was denied because there must have been a felon somewhere out there with the exact information as myself. Then I was sure that my application had been lost at the DOJ, or stolen. I started reading forums like Arfcom, Open Carry and this one to see what others had experienced. Surprisingly, some of you have gone through the same thing. A black hole seemed to have emerged in Madison that sucked up applications whose checks had been cashed on the 14th and I was one of them.

Today I happened to have walked by the mailbox and decided to check. One lone standard sized envelope was in the mailbox. I grabbed it, turned it around and there it was! An envelope from the DOJ. Concealed carry license has only the middle initial printed on it just like my driver's license.

Mailed: 11/2/2011
    Check Deposited: 11/14/2011
    Check Cashed: 11/15/2011
    Issued: 11/29/2011
    Mailed: 11/30/2011
    Received: 12/2/2011
    Number: Prefer to not say. Between 1 and 17,000.

The best advice I can give you is to give up and forget about receiving your license. It will come in a few days after you REALLY throw in the towel. I was expecting to receive license #100,xxx in June (after I had given up).
    Last edited by swolearms; December 2nd, 2011 at 04:50 PM. Reason: left out a few things

Potential Solution

Status mailed :
    mailed 11/3
    cashed 11/17
    12/2 no permit

I would like to direct this to our leader or Mr O 'Keefe, who I have complimented on this site earlier, for his responsiveness. I want to come up with solutions not gripes. Some observations:

-Permits are being mailed out at an increasing time interval from when check is cashed

-people reading these sites are irritated that people who have had there checks cashed later then theirs , are receiving their permits earlier than them

-I am not using mailing date , because this has a several day variable based upon, time of day mailed/vs collection date and postal in route distances created by geography of different locations

-our "brotherhood" wants to do the right law abiding thing, and not carry, until permit is recvd

-the volume of applications is significantly larger than expected

A suggestion,

A copy of the 4 pg DOJ app, along with a copy of the check, is recognized as a 45 day interim permit

This assumes:

As indicated that check cashing occurs only after the documentation has been satisfied

This will take the current pressure cooker effect of the State.

What do you guys think?

cl

-

another idea

Has anybody tried to contact a Law enforcement official to see if they can verify if you have a permit?

-[/QUOTE]

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    Well, with over 14000 permits issued I would imagine some have used the maryland online training as it was a huge topic on the internet. Maybe someone will chime in that has used it successfully. thanks again for the reply's.
    Just remember....They received over 20,000 applications in the first 4 days. So at 14,000+ those of you that didn't get your application on their desk by 11/04 are probable a couple of weeks out at the best.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by swolearms View Post
    I've lurked for a few days and just registered to say this:

My anticipation had reached its peak a few days ago. I was sure I was going to receive my license that day so I went to the mailbox again and did not even receive junk mail. I decided to throw in the towel. The excitement had worn off and I've given up on receiving my license completely. When filling out the form I had filled it out EXACTLY how it was filled out on my driver's license and only included my middle initial.

As days had gone by anticipation turned into worry as I was sure that I was denied because I only included my middle initial on the application form. Then I was sure that I was denied because there must have been a felon somewhere out there with the exact information as myself. Then I was sure that my application had been lost at the DOJ, or stolen. I started reading forums like Arfcom, Open Carry and this one to see what others had experienced. Surprisingly, some of you have gone through the same thing. A black hole seemed to have emerged in Madison that sucked up applications whose checks had been cashed on the 14th and I was one of them.

Today I happened to have walked by the mailbox and decided to check. One lone standard sized envelope was in the mailbox. I grabbed it, turned it around and there it was! An envelope from the DOJ. Concealed carry license has only the middle initial printed on it just like my driver's license.

Mailed: 11/2/2011
    Check Deposited: 11/14/2011
    Check Cashed: 11/15/2011
    Issued: 11/29/2011
    Mailed: 11/30/2011
    Received: 12/2/2011
    Number: Prefer to not say. Between 1 and 17,000.

The best advice I can give you is to give up and forget about receiving your license. It will come in a few days after you REALLY throw in the towel. I was expecting to receive license #100,xxx in June (after I had given up).
    Yours is around 161xx...probably somewhere in the low 16000s...it doesn't do much good to remain anonymous in that respect when the guy above you had his issued, mailed and received on all the exact same days as you, lol What are you afraid of? some one is going to murder all the 16xxx's? lol

Quote Originally Posted by jducati11 View Post
    Yours is around 161xx...probably somewhere in the low 16000s...it doesn't do much good to remain anonymous in that respect when the guy above you had his issued, mailed and received on all the exact same days as you, lol What are you afraid of? some one is going to murder all the 16xxx's? lol
    Haha. Sounds like a plot in a bad, low budget movie. Mine's actually a lot lower than the guy in the 161xx. Either way, I'm glad I had received mine already. It looks like most people who applied in the first week of November should receive theirs soon.

Judging by what was posted in this thread, individuals who mailed their application in on the 1st and still haven't received anything from the DOJ might have had a similar name as someone on the naughty list and are being investigated further to get cleared.

I have the oddest set of dates thus far...

Mailed: 11/1 at around 6 at box, so it was picked up at 12:01am the next day
    check: 11/25
    issued: 11/25
    receive:11/30

Links