Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 32

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Dogluvr Well, Kathy63, it looks like you and I may be the last ones waiting that mailed in on the first of ...

Page 32 of 297 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
Like Tree2175Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogluvr View Post
    Well, Kathy63, it looks like you and I may be the last ones waiting that mailed in on the first of Nov. Seems that everyone else that has posted a NOV 1st mailing has now received their permits. Is today the day for you and me? Hopefully.
    Me thinks that it's those of you that have gone thru a name change or two or there or more and have had a number of address changes over the years are the ones still waiting. Just a guess.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

OK, this should indicate the number of APPS the DOJ had the first week.
    Application mailed -11/4
    Application sent back 11/30....Needed additional documentation on my instructors certification. Check was sent back also.
    Called DOJ on 12/1..left message.
    12/2 recieved call back from Courtney, of DOJ, Crime Information Bureau, a very nice lady who answered all my questions. She went through everything with me on the phone and I mailed everything back on 12/2. She could not have been more helpful. Yes I'll probably have to wait another few days, or weeks but it won't be because the people at DOJ are not doing thier jobs. Hats off to Courtney who is a true professional!!

Well, Kathy63, it looks like you and I may be the last ones waiting that mailed in on the first of Nov. Seems that everyone else that has posted a NOV 1st mailing has now received their permits. Is today the day for you and me? Hopefully.
    Unfortunately I had to take the class on the 3rd, I mailed mine on the 4th, check cashed on the 18th, so I probably won't get it for another few weeks.

Add another two days with no permit this process is slower than watching paint dry should have been more planned out. Will i be able to I be able to report them for breaking the law at 45 days?

Well u can add me to Ur club. Not that I really want to be part of it lol

Mailed 11/3 from Sussex Post Office
    Check Cashed 11/15
    Mail arrived 12/3 here in Appleton with no DOJ letter yet.

Documents used:
    DD214 with Honarable discharge.
    Certificate showing 6 hour CCW Utah Training class.

I have a very uncommon name, license matches home address, have lived in the same home for 10 years, lived in Wisconsin since leaving the military so Wisconsin resident for 22 years of my 43 years on this rock, married to the same women for 23 years, not even a speeding ticket since I was 19, held a top secret clearance in the military and had an FFL 20 years ago that I didn't renew in 1994 thanks to Clinton. Purchased a shotgun last week in about 15 seconds after Scheels called in for background authorization. Point being, Background check should have been very simple for CCW.

Quote Originally Posted by ciscokid View Post
    Mailed 11/3 from Sussex Post Office
    Check Cashed 11/15
    Mail arrived 12/3 here in Appleton with no DOJ letter yet.

Documents used:
    DD214 with Honarable discharge.
    Certificate showing 6 hour CCW Utah Training class.

I have a very uncommon name, license matches home address, have lived in the same home for 10 years, lived in Wisconsin since leaving the military so Wisconsin resident for 22 years of my 43 years on this rock, married to the same women for 23 years, not even a speeding ticket since I was 19, held a top secret clearance in the military and had an FFL 20 years ago that I didn't renew in 1994 thanks to Clinton. Purchased a shotgun last week in about 15 seconds after Scheels called in for background authorization. Point being, Background check should have been very simple for CCW.
    Yes, I agree. Background check should have been real simple. I bought a handgun from a major retailer a month and a half ago. Got approval within an hour. Kinda seems goofy that my approval to actually TAKE POSSESSION of the gun took less than 30 minutes, yet to carry it outside of my home is taking 24 days and counting since the background check was started (Check cashed on the 8th of Nov). All I can do is shrug my shoulders and wait...and know the 45 day period is approaching.

Still NO permit today!

I did get my concealed purse the last week and today I got my mini tuck crossbreed IWB holster. So I will be good to go when I do get the permit!!

P..... O..

Nothin!

December 17th, is the 45 days, then what can I do? I will call the DOJ Monday and let you know what they say.

Has anybody has luck with an emergency permit? I have a call into Racine Co.Sheriff, to see if they have any advice.

I guess what really ticks me off is my friend mailed his app 1 day before I did, and has had his permit for 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!

Aaaarghhhhh

Mail check just now. NO PERMIT.

Mailed Nov 1st.

Check cashed Nov 8th------25 DAYS AGO!!!!!!!!

Come on, this is getting so old.

Nothing here. Another disappointment at the mailbox.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

New Member, 1st post,
    Patiently waiting by the mail box, check cashed Nov 18. Bought another handgun a week ago, no problem. I have a prossesers permit to handle fireworks. Am a Navy vet with an honorable discharge. Worked on 2 different occasions for the 2004 Bush Camp, which means being investigated buy the seceret service. I wonder what the problem is or is it just the method to their madness.

My wife is still waiting from the first, her check cleared 3 days before mine but my permit came yesterday.

About the emergency permit, you will need to show cause for getting an emergency permit issued. You will need to have proof of threats and harassment documented with the police and a restraining order or protection order would help. I don't think they will consider having to wait and impatience an emergency. I agree that it should not take this long but after all these years a few more days is a small price.

It would be faster to carry as a criminal.

UPDATE:

Wife and I mailed both at the same time from the same place on 11/2. Both checks cashed by DOJ same day 11/14. Her permit issued 11/25 - received 12/1. Nothing for me yet as of today.

Spoke with my baby brother tonight. He is a police officer in Madison. Asked if he could check if a permit had been issued to me. He said law enforcement can only check under very limited circumstances so could not easily verify if a permit had been issued. Which is a good thing I think. Law enforcement can check validity of a permit, but only in the investigation of a possible crime. No dice for a random check. There are penalties for LE officers for attempting random checks on CCW permit, DL, or other credentials.

Hopefully Monday!!!!

Links