Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 33

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sent it in one the 1st, check hit the bank on the 14th. No permit yet. Even if it does take more than 45 days ...

Page 33 of 297 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 495 of 4450
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

  1. #481
    New Member Array sidd129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tomahawk
    Posts
    5
    Sent it in one the 1st, check hit the bank on the 14th. No permit yet. Even if it does take more than 45 days can you really put all the blame on the DOJ. Just because a law is made doesn't mean it is automatically possible. An impossible goal is still impossible even if a law is made saying that it must be done.

    As frustrating as it is, would reporting them really help anything.


  2. #482
    New Member Array 40EMP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Neenah
    Posts
    4

    Unhappy Still waiting

    Sent 11-4-2011, check cleared 11-18, so hope it's "in the mail"! Just curious about those of you open carrying while waiting. anyone? I have been a number of times,running to lowes things like that.

  3. #483
    Member Array kathie63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Janesville
    Posts
    242
    Quote Originally Posted by 40EMP View Post
    Sent 11-4-2011, check cleared 11-18, so hope it's "in the mail"! Just curious about those of you open carrying while waiting. anyone? I have been a number of times,running to lowes things like that.
    Me too mailed 4th check cleared 18th still nothing! Hopefully soon

  4. #484
    pps
    pps is offline
    Member Array pps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cadott, WI
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogluvr View Post
    Well, Kathy63, it looks like you and I may be the last ones waiting that maildid you get it?ed in on the first of Nov. Seems that everyone else that has posted a NOV 1st mailing has now received their permits. Is today the day for you and me? Hopefully.
    I have 3 other students that did not get them yesterday...did you get yours?

  5. #485
    Senior Member Array WD54241's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lake shore N.E. W.I.
    Posts
    917
    I've resigned myself to the probability that our applications for the 4th & 5th are at the bottom of the pile awaiting the 5 min back ground check. I sent mine in the 4th, check posted the 17th. I'm equally convinced my mail lady thinks I'm stalking her.

  6. #486
    New Member Array jburns3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5
    Wife and I mailed ours in on the 1st, same envelope, Priority Mail.
    She recieved hers on the 10th, processed on the 8th, #36xx
    I recieved mine on the 15th, processed the 13th, #53xx
    We both used our UT permits for proof of training.

  7. #487
    Member Array airbrn2b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    WR, WI
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogluvr View Post
    Well, Kathy63, it looks like you and I may be the last ones waiting that mailed in on the first of Nov. Seems that everyone else that has posted a NOV 1st mailing has now received their permits. Is today the day for you and me? Hopefully.
    Nope, I'm still out here also. Mailed 11/1, cashed 11/16 and still waiting. Check cashed almost 3 weeks ago.

  8. #488
    New Member Array Guidedfishin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Western Wisconsin
    Posts
    6
    Sent my application on 11/4 regular mail, enclosed a copy of my Minnesota carry permit. My permit arrived Yesterday 12/3 Permit # 16XXX.

    good luck
    GF

  9. #489
    Member Array alandh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    madison
    Posts
    119
    I know this is a little off topic but i was wondering if anyone can help me with a question. when i get my ccw permit obviously i can conceal in my vehicle... But can i also open carry? Like if i have my shoulder holster on and decide to take off my coat. I would be oc in a vehicle but i have my ccw permit so is it legal? Any input would be apreciated. And if you could point me to the statute that would be even better. Thanks.

  10. #490
    Member Array markush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    106
    Here's all the statues pertaining to act 35

    http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2011...ed/acts/35.pdf

    We did not loose any open carry rights when act 35 was enacted. A CWL does not mean you HAVE to carry concealed now.

  11. #491
    New Member Array chubbs9530's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Reedsburg, Wisconsin
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by markush View Post
    Here's all the statues pertaining to act 35

    http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2011...ed/acts/35.pdf

    We did not loose any open carry rights when act 35 was enacted. A CWL does not mean you HAVE to carry concealed now.
    Link doesn't seem to work correctly!

    Sent from my DROID X2

  12. #492
    New Member Array chubbs9530's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Reedsburg, Wisconsin
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    I know this is a little off topic but i was wondering if anyone can help me with a question. when i get my ccw permit obviously i can conceal in my vehicle... But can i also open carry? Like if i have my shoulder holster on and decide to take off my coat. I would be oc in a vehicle but i have my ccw permit so is it legal? Any input would be apreciated. And if you could point me to the statute that would be even better. Thanks.
    Also a good place to go for some info is www.handgunlaw.us

    Check it out, I use it frequently! It has info on CCW, open carry, vehicle carry, etc. for all the states.

    Sent from my DROID X2

  13. #493
    Member Array alandh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    madison
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by markush View Post
    Here's all the statues pertaining to act 35

    http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2011...ed/acts/35.pdf

    We did not loose any open carry rights when act 35 was enacted. A CWL does not mean you HAVE to carry concealed now.
    I know we didnt loose any oc rights but it was never legal in a car. So is it now if i have a ccw? Im not good at reading legal mumumbo jumbo.... Do u have a short answer. I would realy appreciate it

  14. #494
    New Member Array .40cal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1
    11/4 Mailed in application from Dunn County.
    11/17 Check went through.
    12/1 Received permit in mail.

  15. #495
    New Member Array chubbs9530's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Reedsburg, Wisconsin
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    I know we didnt loose any oc rights but it was never legal in a car. So is it now if i have a ccw? Im not good at reading legal mumumbo jumbo.... Do u have a short answer. I would realy appreciate it
    Yes, it is legal now to open carry a loaded handgun in a vehicle in plain sight. This applies to a person with or without a CCW. But in order to conceal the handgun, you have to be a valid CCW holder.

    Here's a link for a FAQ on the DOJ website regarding the new law. I find it easy to understand. The section in regards to CCW/Open Carry is on page 44 I believe of the downloadable pdf.

    http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/...q-20111020.pdf

    Sent from my DROID X2

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

after the wisconsin doj cashes your check when will i get my ccw permit
,

where is my ccw wi

,

where is my wisconsin ccw permit

,
wi concealed carry
,
wisconsin ccw permit processing time
,

wisconsin ccw permit time

,

wisconsin ccw permit turn around time

,

wisconsin ccw time

,
wisconsin ccw turnaround
,
wisconsin concealed carry
,
wisconsin concealed carry wait time
,

wisconsin defensive carry forum

Click on a term to search for related topics.