Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; NOTHING today AGAIN!...

Page 35 of 296 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
Like Tree2173Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

NOTHING today AGAIN!

2. Remove Ads

Nothing today again,it really sounds like a broken record. Now I will count the days until 45 when I can file a complaint with the 45 day law. 10 days and counting. Anyone know how or where to do this I want to be timely..

where did you find issue date?

pps
    Quote Originally Posted by magic4833 View Post
    Nothing today again,it really sounds like a broken record. Now I will count the days until 45 when I can file a complaint with the 45 day law. 10 days and counting. Anyone know how or where to do this I want to be timely..
    they state you had to call them..

pps
    Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    NOTHING today AGAIN!
    Not Cool:(
    magic4833 and califr like this.

Response ideas

mailed 11/3
    cleared 11/17
    12/5 no permit

I would like to open a new thread next week for folks over 45 days. The randomness of this process to date is irritating to say the least. I wont hit the mad button until 45 days are up which is a week from saturday for me.

Can we make some type of collective communication to Mr Van Hollen? Should we be communicating to Gov Walker and appealling to him for more funding? Encourage an application tracking system.

The fact that there are people here that mailed the first , and have nothing, take something away from what would be otherwise a very special privilege...

Trying to stay positive in Racine...

cl
    magic4833 likes this.

pps
    Quote Originally Posted by califr View Post
    mailed 11/3
    cleared 11/17
    12/5 no permit

I would like to open a new thread next week for folks over 45 days. The randomness of this process to date is irritating to say the least. I wont hit the mad button until 45 days are up which is a week from saturday for me.

Can we make some type of collective communication to Mr Van Hollen? Should we be communicating to Gov Walker and appealling to him for more funding? Encourage an application tracking system.

The fact that there are people here that mailed the first , and have nothing, take something away from what would be otherwise a very special privilege...

Trying to stay positive in Racine...

cl
    if you read the previous threads, they already have asked for additional staff and for funding them, thru my interview with Mr. Brian Okeefe Administrator appointed by Van Hollen.

There were quite a few applications and I see them buzzing thru them, mine was sent on the 1st and came Saturday, I assuming those with the extra day or 2 will take an extra week.

Nothing again today. I've gone from figuring it will be there each day ,to I'll be shocked if it's there.
    magic4833 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pps View Post
    if you read the previous threads, they already have asked for additional staff and for funding them, thru my interview with Mr. Brian Okeefe Administrator appointed by Van Hollen.

There were quite a few applications and I see them buzzing thru them, mine was sent on the 1st and came Saturday, I assuming those with the extra day or 2 will take an extra week.
    Opened the mailbox today, and surprise, no permit!

Mailed Nov 1st.

Check cashed Nov 8th.

No one can tell me that they have been diligently working on my background check for 27 days!!! First in, first out, huh? I bought a pistol a month and a half ago and had approval in 30 minutes.

I am considering buying a pistol from Fleet Farm tomorrow because they are on sale. NOW, if I get my approval within 30 minutes again, am I entitled to be upset with the system of CCW application?

I am trying to be as patient as I can possibly be. But the first in, first out is simply not true.

The 45 days is fast approaching. Does anyone know what I can do if I haven't received anything yet? A phone number? I do not want to drive to Madison from Green Bay to resolve the issue, but I am getting tempted.

I can only imagine that my application is there just collecting dust in the corner by it's lonesome self.

27 days and counting for the background check. 27 days. I could have driven to each State and done the background check in person.
    magic4833 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogluvr View Post
    Opened the mailbox today, and surprise, no permit!

Mailed Nov 1st.

Check cashed Nov 8th.

No one can tell me that they have been diligently working on my background check for 27 days!!! First in, first out, huh? I bought a pistol a month and a half ago and had approval in 30 minutes.

I am considering buying a pistol from Fleet Farm tomorrow because they are on sale. NOW, if I get my approval within 30 minutes again, am I entitled to be upset with the system of CCW application?

I am trying to be as patient as I can possibly be. But the first in, first out is simply not true.

The 45 days is fast approaching. Does anyone know what I can do if I haven't received anything yet? A phone number? I do not want to drive to Madison from Green Bay to resolve the issue, but I am getting tempted.

I can only imagine that my application is there just collecting dust in the corner by it's lonesome self.

27 days and counting for the background check. 27 days. I could have driven to each State and done the background check in person.
    Mine must be right along side your app collecting dust, or it was mistakenly thrown away!

Got my permit today.
    11/2: My husband and I mailed our applications in the same envelope
    11/10: Both of our checks cleared
    11/26: My husband received his permit, issued 11/23, #13xxx
    12/5: I received my permit, issued 11/30, #16xxx
    System seems quite disorganized to me. Reading threads from people who mailed on their apps on the 1st and still haven't received them.

Quote Originally Posted by 40EMP View Post
    Sent 11-4-2011, check cleared 11-18, so hope it's "in the mail"!
    Again today as with many others No Joy! 31 days down.

first post...

Just registered here, and this is my 1st post. I saw a link to this forum on another I frequent. I see there's plenty more like me here too, just as on 3 other forums... very upset at DOJ. I mailed on Nov.1st. My check was cashed on 11/14. Training submitted: current FL CHL, with affirmation form. Received nothing so far. Sound familiar?

I do not have "common name" so "mis-I.D." very unlikely in background check. Google shows only 23 others in USA with same first & last, and only ONE with same middle too. Since 2002, I have been through NICS for a long gun purchase 14 times. Since 2002, I have been through WI's handgun hotline 9 times for handgun purchases... last one was 9/16/2011.. never a single delay, not one. Have security bonding for occupation, renewed yearly with background check yearly. Ex fed employee. FL & MN CHL licensee. Absolutely zero contact with law... not even a single traffic citation in 45 years of driving. Wife says I'm "so clean, that's suspicious in itself".

I mailed on the 1st day, from a northwoods Post Office. I bought a book of stamps too while I was there, but had application envelope weighed by clerk, proper postage affixed to envelope by clerk because it was over $.44, and I do have receipt for this postage, with date mailed, and 9 digit zipcode of destination (DOJ's PO box).

What upsets me is that 5 others that I know mailed at same P.O., same day. All used 1st class mail... nothing special. All 6 of us had our checks cashed on the exact same day... monday, 11/14. 2 of the 6 had licenses issued 11/15... one of those used UT permit, other used FL permit. Their permit numbers are both between 6500-6600. 2 others had licenses issued 11/17, both used hunter safety, both numbers around 7900. 1 other had license issued 11/21, also hunter safety. Don't know his number range.

Mine? Who knows? 6 guys mailed from same small town location, all checks cashed same day, 5 issued within week of check cashing... 6th fell in some DOJ "blackhole" somewhere. How did that 6th get pushed 14K applications behind those it shared a mailbag with?

Although it's 250 miles away, I'm considering driving to Madison and confronting DOJ in person on the 16th, if license is not here yet. edit: Which would accomplish nothing more than losing a day's pay. So I'll likely just use Alexander Graham Bell's masterpiece, and give DOJ a jingle. Or call 'em from my cell, and avoid long distance charges... screw you Mr. Bell.

35 days since mailing, 22 days since check cashed, 11 days left on my "deadline". ... still waiting....
    Last edited by rfb45colt; December 6th, 2011 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pps View Post

Absolutely NO pattern to issuance at all... so assuming another week if mailed on 2nd is just guesswork. I know people who sent on the 1st still waiting (like me), and people who sent in on the 7th, 8th, even 9th, who got them last week (hunting partner mailed morning of 8th... got license back 25th). DOJ is not even close to any resemblance of issuing in order received. It's almost as if all applications have been dumped into one big dumpster, and they're just picking out a handful at a time at random to process. That's about how it's been portrayed by postings of licenses received on other forums, with 1st day mailers still waiting, and 8th day mailers walking around with a license. If yours got stuck to the bottom of the tub in the first few days, you stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by rfb45colt View Post
    Absolutely NO pattern to issuance at all... so assuming another week if mailed on 2nd is just guesswork. I know people who sent on the 1st still waiting (like me), and people who sent in on the 7th, 8th, even 9th, who got them last week (hunting partner mailed morning of 8th... got license back 25th). DOJ is not even close to any resemblance of issuing in order received. It's almost as if all applications have been dumped into one big dumpster, and they're just picking out a handful at a time at random to process. That's about how it's been portrayed by postings of licenses received on other forums, with 1st day mailers still waiting, and 8th day mailers walking around with a license. If yours got stuck to the bottom of the tub in the first few days, you stay there.
    That's what it seems, they are clueless as how "first in first out" works...VERY UNORGANIZED if you ask me!

Links