Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am new to this forum. From what I have been reading it is clear that there is no definitive system to issuing of permits. ...

Page 36 of 297 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

I am new to this forum. From what I have been reading it is clear that there is no definitive system to issuing of permits. For now it seems it is all "hit and miss" and all we can do is wait as patiently as we can.

The fact that a background check made when purchasing a firearm prior to applying for a permit will in no way have any impact on application approval since Madison will just repeat the check. In my opinion calling to inquire where our permits are is futile at the point in time since 45 days has not elapsed. In calling with inquiries might just take time away from those processing our applications (while I do not know this to be fact it is possible since the person in charge has stated he is short staffed and under supplied with what is needed. Given that we should applaud what they are doing.

Yes, I am just as anxious as everyone to receive my permit so how about we rejoice in the fact that we can finally carry. We could still be hoping it will come like they are in Illinois..

Hang in there our permits are on there way.............

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    I am new to this forum. From what I have been reading it is clear that there is no definitive system to issuing of permits. For now it seems it is all "hit and miss" and all we can do is wait as patiently as we can.

The fact that a background check made when purchasing a firearm prior to applying for a permit will in no way have any impact on application approval since Madison will just repeat the check. In my opinion calling to inquire where our permits are is futile at the point in time since 45 days has not elapsed. In calling with inquiries might just take time away from those processing our applications (while I do not know this to be fact it is possible since the person in charge has stated he is short staffed and under supplied with what is needed. Given that we should applaud what they are doing.

Yes, I am just as anxious as everyone to receive my permit so how about we rejoice in the fact that we can finally carry. We could still be hoping it will come like they are in Illinois..

Hang in there our permits are on there way.............
    I agree with the waiting to call until 45 days has passed part. The law says 45 days to issue or deny for these received the first 30 days. But... after 45 days, they deserve what they get in the way of complaints. There would not be 1st day mailers past the deadline if DOJ concentrated on meeting the deadline by issuing to those who applied first, whatever that takes. All resources should be concentrated on "1st in" until they're done. That's how you meet deadlines. There's no excuses. There was a reason the legislature imposed deadlines in the law. It was to prevent people from falling into a beauracratic "never-never" land, and they should be accountable. I personally find it very improbable that so many of those who had checks cashed 3 weeks ago, or more, are still waiting on background check clearances. Especially for those who have undergone very recent checks with no delays. Yes they are checking again... but so what? Nothing came up before, why now? Doesn't wash.

Quote Originally Posted by rfb45colt View Post
    Just registered here, and this is my 1st post. I saw a link to this forum on another I frequent. I see there's plenty more like me here too, just as on 3 other forums... very upset at DOJ. I mailed on Nov.1st. My check was cashed on 11/14. Training submitted: current FL CHL, with affirmation form. Received nothing so far. Sound familiar?

I do not have "common name" so "mis-I.D." very unlikely in background check. Google shows only 23 others in USA with same first & last, and only ONE with same middle too. Since 2002, I have been through NICS for a long gun purchase 14 times. Since 2002, I have been through WI's handgun hotline 9 times for handgun purchases... last one was 9/16/2011.. never a single delay, not one. Have security bonding for occupation, renewed yearly with background check yearly. Ex fed employee. FL & MN CHL licensee. Absolutely zero contact with law... not even a single traffic citation in 45 years of driving. Wife says I'm "so clean, that's suspicious in itself".

I mailed on the 1st day, from a northwoods Post Office. I bought a book of stamps too while I was there, but had application envelope weighed by clerk, proper postage affixed to envelope by clerk because it was over $.44, and I do have receipt for this postage, with date mailed, and 9 digit zipcode of destination (DOJ's PO box).

What upsets me is that 5 others that I know mailed at same P.O., same day. All used 1st class mail... nothing special. All 6 of us had our checks cashed on the exact same day... monday, 11/14. 2 of the 6 had licenses issued 11/15... one of those used UT permit, other used FL permit. Their permit numbers are both between 6500-6600. 2 others had licenses issued 11/17, both used hunter safety, both numbers around 7900. 1 other had license issued 11/21, also hunter safety. Don't know his number range.

Mine? Who knows? 6 guys mailed from same small town location, all checks cashed same day, 5 issued within week of check cashing... 6th fell in some DOJ "blackhole" somewhere. How did that 6th get pushed 14K applications behind those it shared a mailbag with?

Although it's 250 miles away, I'm considering driving to Madison and confronting DOJ in person on the 16th, if license is not here yet.

35 days since mailing, 22 days since check cashed, 11 days left on my "deadline". ... still waiting....

If the 45 day mark comes and there are several of us who are unfortunate enough to not have a permit yet, would you guys be interested in a mass car-pooling down to Madison to collectively find out just where our permits are? I am in Green Bay. There could probably be areas where we could meet and pick up others.

Well, again today, like Pavlov's dog I will check the mail at noon. I do have my fingers crossed but not too tightly. I do think the wait is just a matter of typical gov't paper pushing at it's finest. As for background checks taking this long, I doubt it. I bought a new pistol at the end of Oct. and my approval was done in less than 10 minutes. Mistaken identity is not likely as only 4 people in the US have the same name. Also, I had my brother (a cop) run DMV check and NCIC check and all my info is correct and squeaky clean. So, again.....hopeful it comes today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogluvr View Post
    If the 45 day mark comes and there are several of us who are unfortunate enough to not have a permit yet, would you guys be interested in a mass car-pooling down to Madison to collectively find out just where our permits are? I am in Green Bay. There could probably be areas where we could meet and pick up others.
    Good idea...I'm in! Is it 45 days from when your check was cashed?

no problems here

mailed my app on nov. 1st and got my permit on nov. 9th. I made sure I had everything just right. I am sure I was done with the first batch. I was in the first 3000 processed.

I am in

Quote Originally Posted by Dogluvr View Post
    I live in Racine and am asking to meet with Mr O'keefe. I would consider driving up. We should shoot for 3rd week in December and respectfully ask that all applications stop being processed until they can figure this out and clear the backlog. It really pi____ me off to see people getting their permits earlier than mine, time and time again.

I will be 45 days a week from Saturday. My check cleared the 17th!!!!!!!!!!! I have had a backround check on a new handgun last month. I have counted too any replies in this thread of checks being cashed and permits recd weeks earlier than mine.

Is there some counsel from the leadership here, other than patience?

cl

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    So far as I can see only one person on here has actually been denied. My guess: It all being handled by former postal employees. Just kidding for all of you that carry mail for a living. (sort of). Given this sort of disorganization even at the state level ask if the new national health care system makes you feel warm and fuzzy all over?

Remember too that with 30,000 applications they have received in $1,500,000.00. Should be covering their costs even at $60/Hr (includes overhead) at 40 hours a week for 5 weeks it would pay for 125 people to be on the payroll.

BUT: Even if they had 125 people working full time for the last 5 weeks each person would have to complete the entire process including printing and mailing at a rate of slightly less than one per hour to be completely done by now.

My guess it's the printing and mailing that's the bottle neck as much as anything. If they only have one printer it's got to be over worked.

A single printer taking 5 min per permit to print, stuff, and mail would take over a year at 40 hours per week to send out 30,000 CC permits.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

In my opinion checks should not be cashed UNTIL the permits are mailed!! That money could be collecting interest in our accounts instead of theirs!! As long as they have the money they could gives a rats ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post

My guess it's the printing and mailing that's the bottle neck as much as anything. If they only have one printer it's got to be over worked.

A single printer taking 5 min per permit to print, stuff, and mail would take over a year at 40 hours per week to send out 30,000 CC permits.
    The DMV can print a drivers license in a few minutes while you wait.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    The DMV can print a drivers license in a few minutes while you wait.
    But you forgot the part about the long lines and then the wait in a chair till your # is called LOL Need to pack a lunch.
    kathie63 likes this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

I think the DMV is a perfect example. Every chair in the place is full and people are standing stuffed in like a Tokyo subway car, there are 15 worker positions and 3 are open and working at the blinding pace of 1 customer every 15 minutes, plus 10 minutes to finish the paperwork, plus 8 minutes to make a copy, plus 3 minutes check e-mail...ooops time for my break be back in 10 which really means 20. If we had to do this the same way those of us from the first would still be standing in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledown View Post
    I think the DMV is a perfect example. Every chair in the place is full and people are standing stuffed in like a Tokyo subway car, there are 15 worker positions and 3 are open and working at the blinding pace of 1 customer every 15 minutes, plus 10 minutes to finish the paperwork, plus 8 minutes to make a copy, plus 3 minutes check e-mail...ooops time for my break be back in 10 which really means 20. If we had to do this the same way those of us from the first would still be standing in line.

Haha, I've always heard this. At my local DMV the place is like an assembly line. They are so efficient its scary. It's almost like I'm being herded. I guess I shouldn't complain though.
    I work for a company that offers firearms training in Florida, Colorado, Iowa, Wisconsin and soon to be Minnesota. Please visit our website below or check us out on http://facebook.com/equip2conceal

www.equip2conceal.com

online training fail

well,just recieved my rejection letter, online training is not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    well,just recieved my rejection letter, online training is not allowed.
    bummer!!

Links