Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 38

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by rfb45colt 23 days for me... and I just bought a new handgun in Sept., and it took the dealer less than 5 ...

Page 38 of 297 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by rfb45colt View Post
    23 days for me... and I just bought a new handgun in Sept., and it took the dealer less than 5 minutes on the phone, and most of that time was him reading my info to the person on the other end. Within 23 seconds after he finished giving info, I was "cleared". 23 days? I DO NOT believe that's the hold-up, and no amount of "excuse-making" will convince me. Only 23 people in entire country with my name show up on Google... and only ONE has same middle name (OB/GYN in Seattle). Only 3 in WI with same first/last name, and none of "us" are on CCAPS. What's the odds of that one person, a doctor in Seattle, having a criminal record and holding up my app? I'd say about a million to one. DOJ has a direct link to DMV records. DMV has social security numbers on file. Anyone with a record will have their S.S. number listed with their info. S.S. numbers are unique. If any questions arise for anyone, a check of S.S. through DMV's database compared to that of any "hits" should clear it up instantly.

I did find somethibg interesting when "googling" my name. There's a guy in NY with same first/last name who's a billionaire, and is listed in "Forbes" (whatever that is). If they want to "confuse" him & I, I'm OK with that one. I could use a raise.
    I JUST GOT DONE DOING AS YOU DID, AND THERE IS ONE PERSON IN THE COUNTRY WITH THE SAME FULL NAME AS ME. ASIDE FROM THE INDIVIDUAL BEING 90 AND WAY FAR AWAY FROM ME THAT SHOULD BE A NON ISSUE. MURPHYS LAW, THIS 90 YEAR OLD MAN PROBABLY SPENT HIS LIFE IN PRISON FOR MURDER OR SOME OFF THE WALL REASON! LOL. BASED ON THE SHEER VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS BEING SUBMITTED ERRORS AND MISPLACEMENT WILL INFACT TAKE PLACE. i JUST HOPE WE DONT FALL INTO THIS CATAGORY.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeeffect View Post
    still nothing today.

35=days since mailed 23=days since check cashed wth??
    i suppose there are a lot of mailmen thinking were a bunch of stalking crazies! Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    i suppose there are a lot of mailmen thinking were a bunch of stalking crazies! Keep us posted!

Not mine... she's waiting for hers too. She doesn't deliver to her own home, so she has the rural carrier who does (same P.O.) keeping an eye out for hers, just as she's doing for mine. She's a friend (I put nite-sights on her Glock), she knows my cell number, and said she'd call me when she sees it while sorting mail in the morning, and I can run into town and pick it up before she leaves on the route. I'm at the end of her route, and my mail comes after 3 PM usually.

Unhappy Waiting also

Application mailed 11/9
    Check cleared 11/21
    Nothing yet, however reading all other posts, I have nothing to complain about yet.

Good article in the paper today: wisconsinrapidstribune

Quote Originally Posted by airbrn2b View Post
    That is a very good article, the last man's comments were true...criminals would know weapons are not allowed and people would have to keep them in their cars, so easy target to break into cars and steal weapons.

Angry Still no!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 40EMP View Post
    Sent 11-4-2011, check cleared 11-18, so hope it's "in the mail"! Just curious about those of you open carrying while waiting. anyone? I have been a number of times,running to lowes things like that.
    Another day. No joy! Friend of mine sent in 3rd, check cleared 8th, license by 15th??? No logic = no process. Gov't in action!

Another day, another empty mail box.

Hubby
    mailed 11/2
    Check cleared 11/14
    issued 11/15
    received permit 11/17 64xx

me
    mailed 11/4
    check cashed 11/18
    12/6 still no permit

Quote Originally Posted by airbrn2b View Post
    Interesting article. So many people buying the 9mms and .38s in snubby form. I'm an oddball having bought a full-sized revolver.

I'm curious as to the bottleneck. It appears that the issue is with mailing the permits out. The question that I am asking is, are the permits being printed out? You need a special printer to print them out. I know because we use similar printers to print library cards for the students. They are not the most reliable printers IME. It could be the bottleneck is a hardware issue.

The DOJ should really issue a statement if they are having technical difficulties. It would make people less angry at any rate. I'm just glad to have my permit after seeing the long wait times for those whose checks cleared after mine.

Quote Originally Posted by rfb45colt View Post
    not mine... She's waiting for hers too. She doesn't deliver to her own home, so she has the rural carrier who does (same p.o.) keeping an eye out for hers, just as she's doing for mine. She's a friend (i put nite-sights on her glock), she knows my cell number, and said she'd call me when she sees it while sorting mail in the morning, and i can run into town and pick it up before she leaves on the route. I'm at the end of her route, and my mail comes after 3 pm usually.
    i'm just going to be patient and bide my time. I personally believe if we were going to be denied we clearly would have been notified by this date wouldnt you agree. My past is clean as a whistle with one exception in 1976 as a teen my friends and i got busted ******* in the cop car gas tank. I just hope it's not lost coming to me.

Deer hunting bottle neck?

I was wondering of anyone that had their checks cashed either on the 17th or 18th (last couple of days before the gun deer open) actually received a permit yet.

My self
    Mailed 11-3
    check posted 11-17
    check Cleared 11-18
    still nothing

my neighbor also had check cleared on the 17th .. Nothing yet

My good friend a couple blocks down.. check cleared on the 18th .. Nothing yet either.

Did the entire DOJ go hunting for the entire 11 days? (said tongue in cheek)

I am really unhappy that another friend I know mailed his in a week after me and received his CCW a week before deer camp. (happy for him though)

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    i'm just going to be patient and bide my time. I personally believe if we were going to be denied we clearly would have been notified by this date wouldnt you agree. My past is clean as a whistle with one exception in 1976 as a teen my friends and i got busted ******* in the cop car gas tank. I just hope it's not lost coming to me.
    Absolutely. If you're hiding nothing, no worries. We would've gotten denied a long time ago.

And ROFLMAO... ******* in the gas tank??? You should get extra points for the originality of that prank.

Quote Originally Posted by lamby66 View Post
    I was wondering of anyone that had their checks cashed either on the 17th or 18th (last couple of days before the gun deer open) actually received a permit yet.

My self
    Mailed 11-3
    check posted 11-17
    check Cleared 11-18
    still nothing

my neighbor also had check cleared on the 17th .. Nothing yet

My good friend a couple blocks down.. check cleared on the 18th .. Nothing yet either.

Did the entire DOJ go hunting for the entire 11 days? (said tongue in cheek)

I am really unhappy that another friend I know mailed his in a week after me and received his CCW a week before deer camp. (happy for him though)
    Cashed on the 14th... like so may others still waiting. Also plenty with cashing days of 7,th, 8th, 9th, 10th. Check cashed on 18th, makes you a "newbie" compared to some of us still waiting.

SFK
    New to the site!

My self
    Mailed 04NOV11
    Check Cashed 18NOV11
    Nothing Yet

Uncle
    Mailed 07NOV11
    Received 06DEC11 -TODAY-
    Permit #186XX

Sponsored Links