Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 39

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 11/2 mailed 11/17 check cleared 12/5 no permit i dont understand either...

Page 39 of 297 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

wi ccw

11/2 mailed
    11/17 check cleared
    12/5 no permit

i dont understand either

Quote Originally Posted by lamby66 View Post
    I was wondering of anyone that had their checks cashed either on the 17th or 18th (last couple of days before the gun deer open) actually received a permit yet.

My self
    Mailed 11-3
    check posted 11-17
    check Cleared 11-18
    still nothing

my neighbor also had check cleared on the 17th .. Nothing yet

My good friend a couple blocks down.. check cleared on the 18th .. Nothing yet either.

Did the entire DOJ go hunting for the entire 11 days? (said tongue in cheek)

I am really unhappy that another friend I know mailed his in a week after me and received his CCW a week before deer camp. (happy for him though)
    To add to this, I picked up a new P250 last week.. passed that BG check no problemo.. The system is broken I feel.
    magic4833 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SFK View Post
    Uncle
    Mailed 07DEC11
    Received 06DEC11 -TODAY-
    Permit #186XX
    got it before he mailed it? ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

11/2 mailed
    11/17 check cleared
    12/5 no permit

SFK
    Sorry meant NOV

IMO (looking through the posts where people submitted on or around the same time have yet to get their permits) they are selectively processing applications. A family member, a retired police officer, submitted his app on 11/3 and his permit was issued on 11/18.

Quote Originally Posted by rfb45colt View Post
    absolutely. If you're hiding nothing, no worries. We would've gotten denied a long time ago.

And roflmao... ******* in the gas tank??? You should get extra points for the originality of that prank.
    yea at the time we thought we were pretty slick, my dad thought otherwise! Lol

my guess is that all of our permits are at the apex or influx in sheer amount at the time we sent them. i wonder what to ask if the 45 days comes and goes and still no permit and who do u call that might know or cares. feels like im at an empty dmv building waiting for them to come back from lunch!

I mailed Nov 1 and my check was cashed Nov 13 and I still have not received my permit either.

Quote Originally Posted by c4ptn0bv10us View Post
    IMO (looking through the posts where people submitted on or around the same time have yet to get their permits) they are selectively processing applications. A family member, a retired police officer, submitted his app on 11/3 and his permit was issued on 11/18.
    Then I should have mine. I used my LE academy training paperwork. Still haven't gotten it.
    My wife that took a CCW class and mailed it the same day, got her's a week and a half ago.

App mailed 11/2
    Check cleared 11/17
    Received permit 12/6
    #17,xxx

Quote Originally Posted by 54868 View Post
    I mailed Nov 1 and my check was cashed Nov 13 and I still have not received my permit either.
    Nov. 13th was a Sunday. DOJs bank, and yours too, were closed. DOJ's bank was also closed Saturday the 12th, and Friday the 11th (Veterans Day). The stamp on the back of my check was from U.S. Bank's Capitol Square branch... their hours are on-line. My wife works at a bank, and can "decipher" that stuff. Yours was either deposited by DOJ on the 10th, and cleared your bank on the 14th, or was deposited on the 14th like so many others. FWIW, a check "clearing" date of 11/15 = a deposit by DOJ on 11/14. A "clearing" date of 11/14 = deposit on 11/10. "Clearing" date is the day it's posted to your account when the funds are electronically withdrawn and transferred to DOJ's account. "Cashing" date is the day DOJ deposited your check in their bank. There's a 1-3 day "lag", between day deposited and day cleared. Unless you also use U.S. Bank, then it's possible to be cashed & cleared in the same day, but still not likely.

edit: so many checks were "cashed" by DOJ on the 14th (posted to your accounts 15th, 16th, even 17th), because they had the previous 3 days of processing yet to be deposited, because their bank was closed. Even if they used "night deposit", it wouldn't matter... there was nobody in the bank to get them until Monday, 11/14.

Nothing yesterday and my check was posted and cashed on 11-17. Maybe today LOL

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Have you noticed the #s now in the 17,500 range are NOT growing as fast as they were a week or two ago?
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Red face mail by pony express

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    Have you noticed the #s now in the 17,500 range are NOT growing as fast as they were a week or two ago?
    just rec'd permit 12-6-2011
    mailed 11-07-2011
    ck cleared 11-18-2011
    issued12-02-2011
    rec'd 12-06-2011
    #very upper 17xxx

so folks they are coming, pony express rider came by late 12-06, guess its another mail cost cutting issue. hang in there everyone good things come to those who wait.

Links