Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Wooferdog Sent mine in on the 1st at 8:45 AM. No permit or check clearance yet. Wooferdog-I am in the same boat ...

Page 4 of 297 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Wooferdog View Post
    Sent mine in on the 1st at 8:45 AM. No permit or check clearance yet.
    Wooferdog-I am in the same boat you are in. I mailed my application at the DePere Post Office at 8:45 am on the Nov 1, and no permit yet. Anxiously checking the mail each day. This wait is KILLING me!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogluvr View Post
    Wooferdog-I am in the same boat you are in. I mailed my application at the DePere Post Office at 8:45 am on the Nov 1, and no permit yet. Anxiously checking the mail each day. This wait is KILLING me!
    dito: Me thinks the first in first out commitment got lost in their disorganization with a new process and unskilled workers. Probably just dumped 30,000+ applications in a pile on the floor and said, " start processing" Thus the layer system of first in at bottom of pile thus last out.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Permit

Sent mine in on the 1st, regular mail, check cleared on 10th and I just got it in the mail today. My license #is in the 2400's.

I mailed mine on 11/1, it was issued on 11/7, they mailed it on 11/8, and it arrived on 11/9. My license number is in the 2100's.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    dito: Me thinks the first in first out commitment got lost in their disorganization with a new process and unskilled workers. Probably just dumped 30,000+ applications in a pile on the floor and said, " start processing" Thus the layer system of first in at bottom of pile thus last out.
    It's a lack of adequate staffing. Not a lack of quality within the staff. This is a totally new system, that was knowingly going to be understaffed at first. Processing the number of applications they have takes time. This is not a fast process to complete.

I imagine that a large part of the issue comes from how they verify the data. I imagine they didn't work out the necessary details needed for information verification prior to the permits being mailed in. When I say they, I mean the administration of the DoJ.

I'm still waiting for my check to clear as well.

The wait is too much!

Sent mine in on the 2nd(was out of the state on the 1st). Check has not cleared as of today yet. Have new SP-101 and ISW holster ready to go as soon as I have a piece of paper that says I am not a criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandbuck View Post
    Sent mine in on the 2nd(was out of the state on the 1st). Check has not cleared as of today yet. Have new SP-101 and ISW holster ready to go as soon as I have a piece of paper that says I am not a criminal.
    Poor baby. Try living in a state that, while state law mandates eight weeks, has many cities that hold the paperwork for up to six months! Here the primary application is through the local PD. After they issue a temporary permit, one can get the five-year permit from the state.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Mine was in the mail box today !!

I dropped it off at a post office in St. Paul, Mn on Nov 1 at 7am. It was issued 11-9-11. My # is around the 3100 area. I am a happy man! I was surprised it came this quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    Poor baby. Try living in a state that, while state law mandates eight weeks, has many cities that hold the paperwork for up to six months! Here the primary application is through the local PD. After they issue a temporary permit, one can get the five-year permit from the state.
    That was a spoof on how our government feels about the populas. If you knew WI politics you would see that this only came about because we finally got rid of the Dems in power. It may be short lived but we are getting some real pro gun bills passed now. Trash the Dems in CT and you will enjoy the same.
    Good luck

That was a spoof on how our government feels about the populas. If you knew WI politics you would see that this only came about because we finally got rid of the Dems in power. It may be short lived but we are getting some real pro gun bills passed now. Trash the Dems in CT and you will enjoy the same.
    Good luck
    Ahhhh; But not too likely in Illinois. That state has been run by gangsters sense the prohibition days. They believe in gun control as in if there are any guns they want to be in control of them not any interest in sharing that with any of the little people.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Well lets see now. I sent in my app first thing in the morning 11/1/2011. FINALLY, check hit my bank this morning. Now I'll watch the mail with a bit more anticipation.

Check cleared this morning, now it's a wait for the mail.
    "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."

My wife's check cleared yesterday, but I am sure mine is still stuck under the copy machine.

Good luck
    We are trying, believe me! The Connecticut democrat machine could give lessons to Chicago. :(
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

I mailed my application, with DD214, on 11/1 at 1030 AM from West Allis. Check cleared last Thursday. I got the permit today (11/15). License number is just over 5000.

Links