Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A coworker of mine told me that he mailed his application on the 2nd of November and had not received his permit and his check ...

Page 40 of 296 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

A coworker of mine told me that he mailed his application on the 2nd of November and had not received his permit and his check had not cleared. Yesterday his original envelope was in his mailbox marked Return to sender for insufficient postage! How can it take over a month to return a letter?
    magic4833 and WD54241 like this.

2. Remove Ads

CONGRATS Fourlabs & CounttoNine!!! YEA!!

Maybe today will be my day mailed 11/4, check cleared 11/18...not holding my breath though
    magic4833 likes this.

UPDATE: mailed on 11/3, check posted 11/14 and cleared 11/15.... no permit and wondering if it's lost in the mail??? wish there was a number to call or a site to search information on if/when it was mailed out .... very disappointed in the process here
    magic4833 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yupp View Post
    A coworker of mine told me that he mailed his application on the 2nd of November and had not received his permit and his check had not cleared. Yesterday his original envelope was in his mailbox marked Return to sender for insufficient postage! How can it take over a month to return a letter?
    That is the efficiency of the US govt not the State. That is why I put two stamps on so there would be no chance of it getting returned, I kind of figured that the DOJ was not going to accept postage due mail.
    magic4833 likes this.

So done with this state and everyone on the topic stating be patient and wait. I have jumped through the same hoops as the rest and continue to wait and wait and wait. This process was not thought out and is a failure as far as I'm concerned. Someone tell me where to file the complaint when the 45 day mark comes because my application was sent certified and received 11-4 and still nothing.

Nothing again today! :

They made sure they cashed our checks though didn't they?? They should not have cashed the checks UNTIL our permits were mailed!!
    magic4833 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yupp View Post
    That worse than having to wait at least it will only take 21 days now....so they say!

And then to read the old post and see that others have mailed after and received already. I think I smell something fishy!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by magic4833 View Post
    So done with this state and everyone on the topic stating be patient and wait. I have jumped through the same hoops as the rest and continue to wait and wait and wait. This process was not thought out and is a failure as far as I'm concerned. Someone tell me where to file the complaint when the 45 day mark comes because my application was sent certified and received 11-4 and still nothing.
    Call your State Representative and State Senator, then call the DOJ and send them another certified letter to complain. You can even send them directly to the Governor and J.B. and see if you can speed the process up. I have no idea why it is taking so long, I got mine last week but my wife has not gotten hers yet. They were both sent on the 1st and received the 3rd, her check was cashed on the 14th and mine on the 17th. I used a hunters safety card and she used a training certificate. The only thing I can think of is that they need to verify with the NRA that the trainer is indeed a certified instructor which adds another layer to the mess.
    WD54241 likes this.

and then to read the old post and see that others have mailed after and received already. I think i smell something fishy!!!!!!
    me too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogluvr View Post
    If the 45 day mark comes and there are several of us who are unfortunate enough to not have a permit yet, would you guys be interested in a mass car-pooling down to Madison to collectively find out just where our permits are? I am in Green Bay. There could probably be areas where we could meet and pick up others.
    I would let me know

Quote Originally Posted by walthrfan View Post
    UPDATE: mailed on 11/3, check posted 11/14 and cleared 11/15.... no permit and wondering if it's lost in the mail??? wish there was a number to call or a site to search information on if/when it was mailed out .... very disappointed in the process here
    Mailed 11/4
    Check stamped 11/16
    Posted 11/17
    Nothing yet!!

Could someone explain how they can say "first in, first out". I'm seeing a lot of people who sent in after me and already have permit in hand! In the same breath I have seen many who filed before me and still waiting as I am. To me it appears that there is ZERO sense of order in DOJ office in trying to process applications in a order of "first in first out". I'm not picking on the office workers who CLEARLY are overwhelmed! But from what I'm seeing and reading it looks as though the applications are being dumped into a very large pile and the office staff are simply grabbing applications at will. Perhaps I misunderstood the process, 1. Application verified properly executed with check or money order. 2. Than check is deposited in the DOJ account, and when verified posted than and only than it goes to background. 3. Background check than printing.
    4. Printing than shipped to mail room. 5. Mailed out.
    Assuming this is correct which from what I have read, How and I mean how can a background check linger for more this long in my case longer for others??!!?? any red flags would result in denial and that ends everything and your notified quickly I assume simply by the numbers.
    The other comments are correct who said ok what if the 45 days come and go, who do we contact? what procedure do we follow? sadly from where I'm sitting those of us with the 45 day rule are going to be back logged with questions to the DOJ which will result in taking a worker away from the application section or background section just to answer our questions! Why on earth isnt the background check done electronically!

Does the 45 days (business days?) start on day check cleared or day the app was sent

Hey all. I do have my permit in hand NOW but here is how mine went:

11/1 mailed
    11/15 check cleared my bank
    11/30 permit issued
    12/5 permit received
    Number:16XXX

I can't understand how my friends have had theirs for over 2 weeks now: one has #3XXX the other #6XXX mine 16XXX. We mailed ours together same time, same post office, same postage, same training credentials. Like stated earlier in the thread. It must be selective processing. Complete BS in my eyes.

Anyway, hope all get theirs very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rfb45colt View Post
    Absolutely NO pattern to issuance at all... so assuming another week if mailed on 2nd is just guesswork. I know people who sent on the 1st still waiting (like me), and people who sent in on the 7th, 8th, even 9th, who got them last week (hunting partner mailed morning of 8th... got license back 25th). DOJ is not even close to any resemblance of issuing in order received. It's almost as if all applications have been dumped into one big dumpster, and they're just picking out a handful at a time at random to process. That's about how it's been portrayed by postings of licenses received on other forums, with 1st day mailers still waiting, and 8th day mailers walking around with a license. If yours got stuck to the bottom of the tub in the first few days, you stay there.
    That's why it should be reformed or having tracking for this process

Links