Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 41

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; By the time they get reforms done the huge crush of applications causing the problems will be over. Right now they need to have as ...

Page 41 of 297 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

By the time they get reforms done the huge crush of applications causing the problems will be over. Right now they need to have as many people as possible focused on processing, not changing rules or processes and not answering phones or letters. I recall reading somewhere that they have a new electronic background/training verification database type system that they are trying to get online to speed the process. Of course any new software system, especially those rushed into service by the government are bound to have a few system wide crashes..err bugs.
    WD54241 likes this.

Update:
    Mailed 11/9
    Check cleared 11/21
    Locense issued 12/4
    Received today: Pearl Harbor Day
    Locense No. 19000 plus change

The lady I spoke with just now was very nice, I asked why someone that sent in their app after I did had already gotten their permit. She said "one person grabs a stack of apps and maybe types 20 wpm and another types 40 wpm and another 60 wpm, the one that types 60 wpm will get done with the app a lot quicker that the one that types 20wpm.

She also said that someone who's BG check takes longer will hold up the others behind that one.

She said if I sent mine on 11/4 they would probably have received it on the 7th or 8th because state mail is slower.

I asked about a denial letter and wouldn't I have gotten that already if I was denied, she stated that it takes about the same time for a denial letter as it does to receive the permit. WTH?

She was very nice though.
    WD54241 likes this.

Another day and no word from DOJ. Getting seriously upset with how the DOJ has mishandled this entire fiasco. Was going to hold off, but may have to start making calls. The entire process is hit or miss. Absolutely no rhyme or reason to when people are getting their permits issued. Patience has run a little thin.
    WD54241 and magic4833 like this.

AAAArggggh

Mailed 11-3
    Cashed 11-17
    no permit 12-7

You have got to be kidding me....
    magic4833 likes this.

Think I'm going to call higher up than a receptionist or spokesperson. I'm not going to settle for the standard answer. I'm going to find out what the status of MY permit is, and what the hold up is and has been.
    magic4833 likes this.

keep us posted

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    Think I'm going to call higher up than a receptionist or spokesperson. I'm not going to settle for the standard answer. I'm going to find out what the status of MY permit is, and what the hold up is and has been.

I am going the law enforcement route...this is insane
    magic4833 likes this.

Mail was early today except the outcome was the same.

Mailed: 11/1
    Cashed: 11/16
    Received: the million dollar question
    magic4833 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by califr View Post
    I am going the law enforcement route...this is insane
    What route would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    The lady I spoke with just now was very nice, I asked why someone that sent in their app after I did had already gotten their permit. She said "one person grabs a stack of apps and maybe types 20 wpm and another types 40 wpm and another 60 wpm, the one that types 60 wpm will get done with the app a lot quicker that the one that types 20wpm.

She also said that someone who's BG check takes longer will hold up the others behind that one.

She said if I sent mine on 11/4 they would probably have received it on the 7th or 8th because state mail is slower.

I asked about a denial letter and wouldn't I have gotten that already if I was denied, she stated that it takes about the same time for a denial letter as it does to receive the permit. WTH?

Exactly how I thought it was running.

And when they run the criminal backgrounds, just because someone the only one with their exact name, doesn't mean they also won't get close hits with similar names that have to be checked to be sure they aren't you. I'm sure the last thing the DOJ wants is for some Milwaukee Journal witch hunt article where someone got a permit when they shouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by vista461 View Post
    Exactly how I thought it was running.

And when they run the criminal backgrounds, just because someone the only one with their exact name, doesn't mean they also won't get close hits with similar names that have to be checked to be sure they aren't you. I'm sure the last thing the DOJ wants is for some Milwaukee Journal witch hunt article where someone got a permit when they shouldn't have.
    Yes she said that too...the last thing they want to send someones permit to someone with a criminal history.

Curses, nothing again today.

Great go through a 45 day wait time to get a denial letter that would suck worse than the wait.

For the record, you can ask a law enforcement officer to run your info and see if a permit has been issued. HOWEVER, Having asked my brother who is a COP in Madison about it, he said he could, but he would have to have a very good explanation of why he did it. As a police officer, he doesn't get it. I told him that it was because that information should be protected from many people including cops. He didn't agree. In the end, if a police officer does an inquiry not directly related to an investigation they are subject to disciplanary action at work. So, even if they do agree to do it for you, understand what they may have to deal with. I told my brother to forget it. I didn't want that for him. I'll keep watching the mailbox.

Does the 45 days (business days?) start on day check cleared or day the app was sent
    The law says "days", not business days. When laws speak of "days", such as you'll get "30 days in jail" for a certain offense, they're not talking about "business" days. You don't get released on weekends. A "day" in legal matters is calender days. Businesses being open has nothing to do with it.

edit to add: FWIW, nothing for me today neither.

Mailed 11/1
    check deposited by DOJ - 11/14
    cleared my bank - 11/15
    training used - current FL CWL w/ affirm. form
    received - aggravation & disgust, little else

Sponsored Links