Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by magic4833 Great go through a 45 day wait time to get a denial letter that would suck worse than the wait. Yes ...

Page 42 of 296 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
Like Tree2173Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by magic4833 View Post
    Great go through a 45 day wait time to get a denial letter that would suck worse than the wait.
    Yes if I was denied I would be really ticked off if it took them 45 days to get that letter to me!! Then it would probably take forever after a correction was made and sent back..but if that was to happen I would drive it up there!!

2. Remove Ads

what happens after the 45 day

Ok, so what happens after 45 days? does the 45 days start from postmark, from when the DOJ received the application. The way I read the law there is no provision for failing to meet the mandated 45 days.

Calling your state reps and/or sending certified letters, calling with inquires will not speed up the process. It is going to take some time for them to get the process flowing properly. Keep in mind they have been swamped with applications.

Mailed application: 11/09

Checked cleared bank: 11/21

Permit issued: 12/05

Postmarked Madison: 12/06

Received: 12/07

Permit number: mid 19,000

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus

If you get denied, I (think) you have an option to go to a local (circuit) court to get relief, something about giving the DOJ 5 days to review it too.

Merry Christmas!

Sent mine on 11/1/11
    Check cleared 11/17/11
    No permit as of 12/7/11

I must be in the "slow pile"

Lucky Day

Mailed mine out: Nov. 7 th
    Check processed Nov. 21st
    Approved : Dec. 2nd
    Received : Dec. 7th

Number 17xxx

Finally.......................

Quote Originally Posted by rfb45colt View Post
    The law says "days", not business days. When laws speak of "days", such as you'll get "30 days in jail" for a certain offense, they're not talking about "business" days. You don't get released on weekends. A "day" in legal matters is calender days. Businesses being open has nothing to do with it.

edit to add: FWIW, nothing for me today neither.

Mailed 11/1
    check deposited by DOJ - 11/14
    cleared my bank - 11/15
    training used - current FL CWL w/ affirm. form
    received - aggravation & disgust, little else

She told me once our permits should be received within 10 "business" days after check is cashed. That didn't happen.

The law says deadline is from "day received". Not the day you mailed, not the day they opened your envelope, not the day they cashed your check. It's the day they "received" it. A deadline would not mean diddly if it was anything else. They could "sit" on an unopened envelope for months. There's virtually nowhere in the state of WI that'd take more than 2 days to be delivered if sent 1st class. Add two mail delivery days to the day you mailed (to be certain... most would only take one) and that's the day their post office box got your application. If they dispute this when you call, then ask them exactly when they received it? Don't settle for a "guess". If they cannot prove it took longer by documenting the exact date and telling you what their records show, then they have no record of when they got it, and must use the P.O.s estimate of delivery time from your P.O. All P.O.s can give you that info.

But... hopefully you have some proof of mailing. Cashing of your check proves they did indeed get it, but gives no proof when, except it had to be prior to the day your check was cashed, obviously. If you just put two stamps on an envelope and dropped it in a mailbox, you've got no proof of when you did that, therefore cannot claim they got it on a certain day (or two).

I had my envelope weighed at the counter, and proper postage affixed, and asked for a receipt. Thus I have a receipt from a govt agency documenting I sent a $.64 envelope by 1st class mail to zipcode 53707-7130 (DOJ's P.O. box to accept applications). USPS estimated delivery time is 1-2 days from my location. Unless DOJ has proof they did not get it by the 3rd, they must use that U.S.P.S. estimate. (I'm betting they have no clue when they got what... except maybe by week, not exact day).

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Calling your state reps and/or sending certified letters, calling with inquires will not speed up the process. It is going to take some time for them to get the process flowing properly. Keep in mind they have been swamped with applications.

Opened the mailbox today and...............same old NOTHING!

37 days since mailed

29 days since check cashed. THAT'S 29 (29!!!) DAYS AND COUNTING FOR A BACKGROUND CHECK?!!

What on Earth could possibly be taking so long on my background check?

I am so sick of going to the mailbox only to be disappointed. Congrats to a good majority of my fellow pro-gun Wisconsinites for having their permits in hand already. I am officially throwing in the towel on being excited to check the mail. I know my permit will not be here within the 45 days (it's only 8 days away) and I am going to have to jump through hoops to get it resolved.

I am not posting any more----it's too depressing to see all the others that mailed their apps in later than me and have had their permits for weeks already. If by some miracle it does show up I will post. Otherwise, I will be posting the question of "who do I get ahold of at the DOJ to start the process of 'where is my permit?'"

Good luck to the rest of my 'awaitees' who have similar wait times as me. It really was no fun to be in your group and I want out!

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    She told me once our permits should be received within 10 "business" days after check is cashed. That didn't happen.
    That's because she had no clue, and would say anything to placate you, and get you to wait some more, and not call back. That's typical of not only govt, but businesses. They cashed my check 24 days ago... so she was obviously full of... hot air.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogluvr View Post
    Good luck to the rest of my 'awaitees' who have similar wait times as me. It really was no fun to be in your group and I want out!
    Aw c'mon. We're a bunch of fun loving people stuck in the same "not-fun" predicament. We all want out, but make the best of it while you're still stuck with us. Go over to ar15.com, click on "hometown", then 'WI", to see another thread like this. Check out my avatar. Promise you'll get a chuckle. Plenty of "us" over there too. If you want membership in the "Still Waiting" club, we'll issue you your very own "Still Waiting" avatar (but you gotta be a paid member to have an avatar). Just trying to get through this with our sanity, but having some fun.

btw... I used your name over there as an example of another "long time disgruntled waiter".

Don't ya just love it when people who mailed a week or more after us get theirs? I know I do. Not their fault.. but still not fun to see.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yupp View Post
    A coworker of mine told me that he mailed his application on the 2nd of November and had not received his permit and his check had not cleared. Yesterday his original envelope was in his mailbox marked Return to sender for insufficient postage! How can it take over a month to return a letter?
    Hmmmm I'm thinking they were waiting for more postage to cover the return costs.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post

Um... sorry, but them getting swamped is not our problem. The problem is people submitting on the 1st day and still waiting, and people submitting on day 9, and getting theirs.... (no offense to you) but DOJ has NOT kept their promise and deserve all the headaches that result. If they gave a hoot about the deadline, there would not be people waiting from day one and people sending in on day 9 being done already. Sorry, but that defies common sense, and those are the facts, you just added more proof. Some applications might take longer... too effin bad!!! They should not set them aside to work on later ones until they're finished... whatever that takes, just DO IT! Sorry for the rant.

duplicate deleted...

[QUOTE=rfb45colt;2096441]Aw c'mon. We're a bunch of fun loving people stuck in the same "not-fun" predicament. We all want out, but make the best of it while you're still stuck with us. Go over to ar15.com, click on "hometown", then 'WI", to see another thread like this. Check out my avatar. Promise you'll get a chuckle. Plenty of "us" over there too. If you want membership in the "Still Waiting" club, we'll issue you your very own "Still Waiting" avatar (but you gotta be a paid member to have an avatar). Just trying to get through this with our sanity, but having some fun.

Alright. You've convinced me. Your 'waiting' group stinks, but i AM a part of it and I guess you people are the only shoulder I have to cry on. Now let's all hold hands in a big circle and hope for good karma in that our permits arrive VERY SOON.

(Back in) I really missed you guys in the whole 30 minutes that I did not want to be a part of the 'waiting group' any longer.

C'mon.......tomorrow's the day!

Links