Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 43

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Dogluvr Alright. You've convinced me. Your 'waiting' group stinks, but i AM a part of it and I guess you people are ...

Page 43 of 297 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogluvr View Post
    Alright. You've convinced me. Your 'waiting' group stinks, but i AM a part of it and I guess you people are the only shoulder I have to cry on. Now let's all hold hands in a big circle and hope for good karma in that our permits arrive VERY SOON.

(Back in) I really missed you guys in the whole 30 minutes that I did not want to be a part of the 'waiting group' any longer.

C'mon.......tomorrow's the day!
    Misery loves company... I tried "quiting" too, last week. Lasted 2 days for me... had to come back to the internet to see what was happening with others.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    For the record, you can ask a law enforcement officer to run your info and see if a permit has been issued. HOWEVER, Having asked my brother who is a COP in Madison about it, he said he could, but he would have to have a very good explanation of why he did it. As a police officer, he doesn't get it. I told him that it was because that information should be protected from many people including cops. He didn't agree. In the end, if a police officer does an inquiry not directly related to an investigation they are subject to disciplanary action at work. So, even if they do agree to do it for you, understand what they may have to deal with. I told my brother to forget it. I didn't want that for him. I'll keep watching the mailbox.
    Exactly. No police officer is going to do it for you. There are penalties for checking without a valid reason. I don't see anyone risking their careers because someone couldn't wait to find out through the mail.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The law prohibits LEOs from checking on permit validity without cause, and the law prohibits anyone from gaining any info on licensess from DOJ or DMV. But... this all applies to someone getting the info on a person other than themself! If I'm not mistaken, there is also another law that says any info, in any govt database, pertaining to any citizen, must be available to THAT citizen, if requested of the proper agency in writing. IOW, you should be able to get your OWN info from DOJ or DMV without question, if you file a written request. They have so many days to respond. The deadline should not be an issue. If you file a written request asking for your CWL number and date of issuance, they either give it to you or say "none on file".

Going to ask an attorney about this.

what going on

mailed from green bay post office at 5:30 am

check cashed 11-10

cleared bank 11-12

nothing to date! Really Wisconsin! thanks:(

I still go to the mailbox everyday. nothing! i get even more upset when i hear that other people got theirs first. Would their have been anything wrong with allowing people to submit applications early. they could have sat on them for 45 days and no one would have cared. then mail them all on the first of november. am i wrong? I do have the right to protect myself, my family, and my fellow americans. i salute all the sheepdogs out there.

Got it!!

Been following this thread for a few weeks with hopes that it would shed some light as to when I could expect my WI CCW permit. Like many, I was getting frustrated with waiting and my mail carrier probably thought I was nuts. But I thought I would post my first thread...

Applied 11-8-11
    Cashed 11-21-11
    Issued 12-4-11
    Received 12-7-11
    Number 19xxx

I didn't think this was too bad considering there was no mail delivery over the Thanksgiving holiday. Also, not that it really matters, but for a state like UT that has been issuing CCW permits for quite some time now it took approximately 55 days for me to receive that one. So, now I am happy; got my UT on 12-6 and my WI on 12-7. Good luck to all and hang in there.

Well finally! Mailed 11/4, check 11/18, issued 12/3, arrived 12/7 so it was in the mail at my last post. #18,9xx. Now, on to Utah application! Hang in there everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Milwaukeeguy View Post
    Been following this thread for a few weeks with hopes that it would shed some light as to when I could expect my WI CCW permit. Like many, I was getting frustrated with waiting and my mail carrier probably thought I was nuts. But I thought I would post my first thread...

Applied 11-8-11
    Cashed 11-21-11
    Issued 12-4-11
    Received 12-7-11
    Number 19xxx

I didn't think this was too bad considering there was no mail delivery over the Thanksgiving holiday. Also, not that it really matters, but for a state like UT that has been issuing CCW permits for quite some time now it took approximately 55 days for me to receive that one. So, now I am happy; got my UT on 12-6 and my WI on 12-7. Good luck to all and hang in there.
    No offense to you sir... but this is exactly why so many are so angry!! You mailed on the 8th... many here mailed on the 1st day and are still waiting for something!! You see the problem?? Your 45 day deadline was about the day after Christmas, ours is next week!!! Not your fault, not blaming you. Thanks for the fuel on my fire.

Glad you got yours, and I really mean that.

But it just makes me so @&%*$@ing mad when I see those mailing dates. ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WD54241 likes this.

Well said, couldnt have said it any better.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    I suggest someone print out this entire thread and send to the WI DOJ.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by 40EMP View Post
    Well finally! Mailed 11/4, check 11/18, issued 12/3, arrived 12/7 so it was in the mail at my last post. #18,9xx. Now, on to Utah application! Hang in there everyone!
    CONGRATS! mine was also mailed 11/4, check cleared 11/18 but no permit yet! what do your have to do for the Utah permit?

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    CONGRATS! mine was also mailed 11/4, check cleared 11/18 but no permit yet! what do your have to do for the Utah permit?
    Go to MN take a class there. One class good for MN, Utah, and Florida. Florida is actually better than Utah for the # of states that will honer and MN Is a must as were next door they don't honer either WI, Utah, or Florida as I recall. Check out Bills gun shop in Robinsdale (north side of Mpls). Make a weekend of it. Training classes most Saturdays and Largest shop I've seen along with two indoor ranges and the Mall of America just across town.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    Go to MN take a class there. One class good for MN, Utah, and Florida. Florida is actually better than Utah for the # of states that will honer and MN Is a must as were next door they don't honer either WI, Utah, or Florida as I recall. Check out Bills gun shop in Robinsdale (north side of Mpls). Make a weekend of it. Largest shop I've seen two indoor ranges and the Mall of America just across town.
    Is their test a 4 hour test also? Do you have to have range time too? I would have to go to Florida for that exam correct?

Yes and yes 4 hours and range time required Included with the training all cost except your ammo. Can even rent guns there to try out. Many to chose from including sub-machine guns. Quite a kick but lots of 45 cal ammo to LOL

Thumbs up I am now one of the lucky ones :-)

Mailed on the 3rd
    check cashed on the 17th
    issued on Dec 3rd
    post marked Dec 6th
    Received Dec 7th

Permit mid 18000s

Hang in there guys, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is NOT a train!!!

MN permit takes about 5 days you go to ANY sheriffs office for that. Florida i think is up to 60 days but not sure. think the entire cost for all certs and forms is about $125 for training $100 for MN CC lic and not sure about Florina CC cost but you can get that info from Handgunlaw.us

Sponsored Links