Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 44

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Home Bills gun shop Call them for better information and cost. (763) 533-9594...

Page 44 of 297 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Home Bills gun shop

Call them for better information and cost. (763) 533-9594
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

I have to retake the training for my MN CC renewal (not like WI) have to retest every 5 years but CC lic is only about 50 the next time around. Maybe we could but together a group of 10 or so from WI for training at same time and get a nice group discount at Bills? Ask them about that if your going to call. Or i will if you prefer.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by rfb45colt View Post
    If you file a written request asking for your CWL number and date of issuance, they either give it to you or say "none on file".
    What good is that going to do? You still need the card to carry. So either they say here's your number,which you would've found out in a couple days when the mail got to you, or not on file because they haven't processed yours yet.

Not seeing an upside, only seeing a person getting taken away from processing to research something that won't do the person any good anyway.

I don't get why people who are upset with how long its taking, want to do things that will take time away from the people working to get the permits out.

Do I wish mine was here? Heck yeah.
    Am I going to bug the people at the DOJ so they stop working on processing applications, to answer my questions? No

They have 45 days by law, it obviously hasn't gone as smoothly as everyone including the DOJ would like. But it is what it is, and as much as it sucks, nagging the employees at the DOJ isn't going to speed things along.

BS

Ok so this is the first time I am going to complain about this but why are people who mailed there's on the 8 and 9 th getting there permits already, i mailed mine on the 7th and haven't been expecting that speedy of a turn around because there is people from the first still waiting. but cmon if people who mailed them that much later are getting there's. I live on the west side of Madison not to far from the doj I do agree calling and complaining wont get s@@W# done but I am getting tired of waiting. not to mention I have now on two occasions heard gun shots in the distance (not fire works), I have hunted and been in military I know what they sound like. have heard some fire works as well. it gets me leery. And I would like the doj to hurry up!!!

Not seeing an upside, only seeing a person getting taken away from processing to research something that won't do the person any good anyway.

I don't get why people who are upset with how long its taking, want to do things that will take time away from the people working to get the permits out.

Am I going to bug the people at the DOJ so they stop working on processing applications, to answer my questions? No

They have 45 days by law, it obviously hasn't gone as smoothly as everyone including the DOJ would like. But it is what it is, and as much as it sucks, nagging the employees at the DOJ isn't going to speed things along.[/QUOTE]

I've been following this thread since the beginning and have to agree that harrassing the DOJ staff will accomplish nothing except to cause more delays.

Application and Postal money order mailed Nov 7
    Still waiting

No offense to you sir... but this is exactly why so many are so angry!! You mailed on the 8th... many here mailed on the 1st day and are still waiting for something!! You see the problem?? Your 45 day deadline was about the day after Christmas, ours is next week!!! Not your fault, not blaming you. Thanks for the fuel on my fire.

Glad you got yours, and I really mean that.

But it just makes me so @&%*$@ing mad when I see those mailing dates. ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Completely understandable sir, no offense taken. I wish I could shed some light on to why and how they are doing it this way. I have peers that sent theirs in on 11-1 and they received their permit with in the first week of November. There seems to be no rhyme or reason. I noticed a few posts ahead of of mine that had the same dates as I did, but yet his issue number was in the 16xxx don't quite get it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by vista461 View Post
    What good is that going to do? You still need the card to carry. So either they say here's your number,which you would've found out in a couple days when the mail got to you, or not on file because they haven't processed yours yet.

They have 45 days by law, it obviously hasn't gone as smoothly as everyone including the DOJ would like. But it is what it is, and as much as it sucks, nagging the employees at the DOJ isn't going to speed things along.
    What it will accomplish is determine if it was issued, mailed, never received = "lost"... or if you're still just waiting in line. If it was "lost" you've been waiting, and will continue to do so, for absolutely nothing. As far as DOJ is concerned, you've got yours. If you're still waiting after 45 days, then maybe DOJ needs a little "shove" to get things moving for you and all those others still waiting from the very first few days. Where do you draw the line and seek an answer? For me, that's the 45 days the law says.

Am I'm going to bug people at DOJ so they stop working on processing applications, to answer my questions? Not yet. But I certainly intend to do so on the arrival of my 45 day deadline (12/17... I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that it took more than just one day in the mail to get there. I do have proof of mailing on 11/1, and cashing my check shortly after proves it got there). If that takes people away from processing others, that's just too bad. I've waited my turn too... longer than most. I see no upside to not complaining, but only after 45 days has past.

edit to add: I've dealt with various govt agencies for 25+ years in my occupation. One thing I've learned, is that waiting a reasonable amount of time is always necessary. But if that reasonable amount of time has come and gone, nothing will happen without inquiring and getting things moving. That's just how the system works sometimes. In this situation, the law itself has set that reasonable amount of time at 45 days.

What it will accomplish is determine if it was issued, mailed, never received = "lost"... or if you're still just waiting in line. If it was "lost" you've been waiting, and will continue to do so, for absolutely nothing. As far as DOJ is concerned, you've got yours. If you're still waiting after 45 days, then maybe DOJ needs a little "shove" to get things moving for you and all those others still waiting from the very first few days. Where do you draw the line and seek an answer? For me, that's the 45 days the law says.

Am I'm going to bug people at DOJ so they stop working on processing applications, to answer my questions? Not yet. But I certainly intend to do so on the arrival of my 45 day deadline (12/17... I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that it took more than just one day in the mail to get there. I do have proof of mailing on 11/1). If that takes people away from processing others, that's just too bad. I've waited my turn too... longer than most. I see no upside to not complaining, but only after 45 days has past.
    I'm in full agreement with your statement, very well stated.... Today is a new day the sky is clear and I'm on day 34 since mailing. My check was deposited on 11/16, Posted 11/17. Just nervous it may have already been issued and is lost in the postal system. If so that opens a whole big can of headache. But who knows? today may be the day!!

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    I'm in full agreement with your statement, very well stated.... Today is a new day the sky is clear and I'm on day 34 since mailing. My check was deposited on 11/16, Posted 11/17. Just nervous it may have already been issued and is lost in the postal system. If so that opens a whole big can of headache. But who knows? today may be the day!!
    Exactly my point. The sooner you start to resolve it, the sooner it gets resolved. If it were not for the fact that others who mailed later have been issued, then it'd be just the long line we're waiting in. But having those who mailed a week or more later (or 20K+ applications later) does not seem like "business as usual". I'll put it another way. If it was lost - either in the mail or at DOJ itself - what exactly would be the indicators that it was? The non-arrival while others submitted long after yours have arrived, is the logical answer. Where there's smoke, there's fire. An intelligent person dooen't just ignore the smoke and let the fire smolder, thinking it will put itself out by waiting.

edit to add: I once worked for USPS as a rural carrier. It was 20 years ago, but at that time, it was a fact that about 1-2% of 1st class mail never arrived at destination. It got lost. USPS is a mind-boggling system, and you have no idea until you actually see it in action from the inside. It's amazing it works as well as it does, but it is NOT perfect. Not a "statistical wizard" and not sure if it's a valid comparison, but if you apply that percentage to licenses mailed, what do you have? Odds are, some were lost.

Mailed on the 3rd
    Check cashed on 15th
    Received - Luke warm cup o squat

People are posting permit numbers at almost 20K

While I AM pieved at later applications being processed sooner, it still just looks like they keep adding to the top of 'a pile' of applications and they never seem to get to the bottom ones here.
    Harrasing them about status will just make one more application not get processed that day - looks like they are hitting about 1000-1500 a day based on the permit numbers posted.

Just a waiting game - time is on our side now - we have waited for hardest or longest time.... the 1st 25-30 of the 45 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivoire View Post
    Mailed on the 3rd
    Check cashed on 15th
    Received - Luke warm cup o squat

People are posting permit numbers at almost 20K

While I AM pieved at later applications being processed sooner, it still just looks like they keep adding to the top of 'a pile' of applications and they never seem to get to the bottom ones here.
    Harrasing them about status will just make one more application not get processed that day - looks like they are hitting about 1000-1500 a day based on the permit numbers posted.

Just a waiting game - time is on our side now - we have waited for hardest or longest time.... the 1st 25-30 of the 45 days.
    I posted that same thought back several weeks ago and was chastised (just a bit) for my lack of empathy. Still think it's true. Still believe it's MIS-MANAGEMENT to the power of 10X

Here is that post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    Constitutes mismanagement in MHO. But I do agree "as I Said" thy are doing better than I expected.

All they needed to do was have one clerk to keep them in "REASONABLE" order of receipt. and hand them out to the teams in order in small batches which could be dealt with based on the teams skill levels or staffing.

I'm no math whiz, but if 20k have already have theres and 3000 denials, the DOJ has made alot of moneywhy dont they roll it back into the system to make it run smoother? for a change lets see WI be the trend setter.. It's to late for us early applicants.

Not that I want this to take longer (if that is possible)... but I would love to see the news reports of ~20-30k app / month for most of next year!

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    I'm no math whiz, but if 20k have already have theres and 3000 denials, the DOJ has made alot of moneywhy dont they roll it back into the system to make it run smoother? for a change lets see WI be the trend setter.. It's to late for us early applicants.
    How do we know there have been 3000 denials?

Where The Bluffs,Mississippi, and Eagles Meet.

Thumbs down

Here is how mine are going.
    Sent 11/04/11
    Mine cashed 11/15/11
    Wife's cashed 11/17/11
    Nothing Yet

Links