Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 46

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went out to the mailbox and what did I find? Some Christmas cards, Hot Rod magazine, and no permit. Figured it would come today, just ...

Page 46 of 297 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Went out to the mailbox and what did I find?

Some Christmas cards, Hot Rod magazine, and no permit.

Figured it would come today, just to be mean because I couldn't use it, since I have to go to a few schools tonight taking my kid to lessons

Quote Originally Posted by rugerdog77 View Post
    This is my first post here but I have bin reading the threads since the begining. I sent in ap on nov 3 check cashed nov 17 and still no permit. is it me or is there somthing with the aps sent between the first and the third with checks cashed on the 17?
    My check was also cashed or deposited on the 17 go figure

Quote Originally Posted by magic4833 View Post
    My check was also cashed or deposited on the 17 go figure
    I think my check was deposited on the 17th also as it cleared my bank on the 18th! What did they do with those apps???!!!

And then to read the old post and see that others have mailed after and received already. I think I smell something fishy!!!!!!
    I was thinking.....to read the old posts and see where folks didn't expect #1 to get issued until Mid December...and now folks are complaining that they haven't received it by beginning of December....

Another day, another disappointment.
    Mailed 11/1
    Cashed 11/16

Hopeless in Racine

Here we go again...
    mailed 3rd
    cashed 17th
    no permit 12/8

Called DOJ, at 2 today. Same story. Nice lady. Blah Blah. Asked her when she can track apps. She said to call her back after 12/17(45 days after estimated receipt vs mail) . I asked what I needed to say or do and she said that part hasn't been figured out by the state . I gave her 3 examples based off this thread of permits, mailed and checks cashed after mine. She said since my check was cashed I should not worry. If there is a glich on the BR check, they go to another building for further examination.

She said that all the gliches that have caused some of there apps to go through this , have turned out to be nothing. I should just give it a few more days.

I am going to make some calls after the 17th. Mr Walker and Mr Van Hollen, if you are listening, we are, I suspect, mostly a significant voting base. Why not get this straightened out and communicate better! I appreciate those of you who recognize this flawed system, who have gotten their permits at the aggravation of others. I really dont wont any body to get anymore permits until those the mailed the first get theirs!

This is not the group that should be identified in any public way because of the nature of this statute.

I commend all of you on your patience and recognize this is at a point where it can set back everybody(including those of you who have permits!).

Quote Originally Posted by airbrn2b View Post
    Another day, another disappointment.
    Mailed 11/1
    Cashed 11/16
    Same here.
    mailed 11/1
    cashed 11/14

FWIW... there was 3,000 "rejected" applications, not 3,000 "denials". Huge huge differance. A rejected app means it was filled out incorrectly, was incomplete, training was not sufficient, address doesn't match DMV records, or there was no $50 enclosed. Most common cause of "rejection" I've seen posted has beed forgeting the affirmation form if using another state's CWL to fulfill training and wrong address at DMV. All the rejections get all forms returned, and check returned too, and are given another address to re-send to, after corrections are made. If your check was already cashed, your app was not rejected.

A "denial" OTOH, means you failed the background check and are not legally qualified to have a CWL for cause.... and you do not get your money back after your check was cashed. Checks are only cashed after app is received and accepted as correct & complete, and training is good. Only then do you proceed to background check system. But they are required by the law to send a denial letter before your deadline, and it MUST contain the specific reason(s) you were denied, and the data to back it up. You can then, if you believe they are wrong, file an appeal in your local court. If you are right and DOJ was wrong, DOJ MUST pay all court costs and YOUR attorney fees, and promptly issue your CWL.

Someone needs to give the rest of us that have not received there permits some real answers. Not be patient its not the processing department fault. This is flat out bs and needs to be addressed as to why! they should be able to start a website for checking on process or look a individual up application Is this how the process criminal complaints in this state? SOMEONE GIVE ME THE ANSWER!!!!!!!
    AGREED! considering were paying the State of Wisconsin to lie to us thus far! To date for the new folks, We have been told first in first out= Lies
    Blame the temps they hired, slow typers= Lies, why hire someone to type if they cant type?? Oh yea thats right "state worker".
    Complete lack of accountability! They cashed the check, they careless
    The more screw ups means work has to be redone= Job Security
    magic4833 likes this.

more people who mailed later are getting there permits

OK this is really getting discouraging I am watching more and more people who mailed after me and after many many other, I have not complained once until yesterday and today. I have not called the DOJ because I do not want to slow them down any more but 45 days is getting close and I am getting anxious. Congrats to all who the waiting is over for, as for the rest of us my hope goes out to us all.
    magic4833 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    I was thinking.....to read the old posts and see where folks didn't expect #1 to get issued until Mid December...and now folks are complaining that they haven't received it by beginning of December....
    To comment on something that does not concern you because you do not live in this state is almost as bad as the process itself. I think you should catch that disease shut the f### up.

I urge everyone to calm down. Throwing tantrums will not solve anything. There's not many who have waited longer than I have, and there is a proper way to resolve the problem. As of 12/19 (or whatever your deadline may be... don't forget to allow 2 days for mailing) call the DOJ and politely but firmly, ask them why you have nothing back? Don't be rude or obnoxious, but OTOH, don't let them blow you off with excuses. Ask for an address to submit a formal complaint in writing if nothing else gets answers. Between now and then, ask your bank for a copy of your cancelled check. All banks can get this for you. Some may charge $.50 or $1.00. Small price to pay for indisputable proof DOJ has your accepted-as-complete application. Be prepared with the facts before you call.

I sort of feel bad for those of you who submitted their apps before me and are still waiting but here is my info:

App sent late: Sept 7th

Check cashed: Sept 21st

Permit issued: Dec 5th

Permit received: Dec 8 (mid-west WI)

Permit #: mid 19xxx

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    That's because they began issuing immediately, to everyone's surprise. The people who are upset are those who have waited much longer than others who applied at later dates, when the application itself, on page 1 (instruction page), declared "applications will be processed in order received". Obviously that has not been the case. People don't like being lied to, and people don't like not being taken care of in the order they've been waiting. Human nature, and an everyday fact of life... you wait your fair turn. It's a "fairness" issue, and many believe (and rightfully so) they've been treated unfairly.

I mailed my app on 11/1. It was accepted as complete, correct, and training sufficient on 11/14 when DOJ deposited my check in their bank. This forum, and several others, are full of posts by people who mailed days, and now weeks, after I did. Their apps were accepted days after mine was. Their permits have been issued, mine has not. I just want to know why? If you cannot understand my concern, then I guess I cannot explain it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by rfb45colt View Post
    that's because they began issuing immediately, to everyone's surprise. The people who are upset are those who have waited much longer than others who applied at later dates, when the application itself, on page 1 (instruction page), declared "applications will be processed in order received". Obviously that has not been the case. People don't like being lied to, and people don't like not being taken care of in the order they've been waiting. Human nature, and an everyday fact of life... You wait your fair turn. It's a "fairness" issue, and many believe (and rightfully so) they've been treated unfairly.

bravo bulls eye.

What I am tempted to do is send another app with a copy of my certificate and a copy of the cancelled check and say I paid you you cashed the check on the 17th cleared the 18th Now where is my permit!!

Sponsored Links