Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by LakeEffect UPDATE: Just got back from getting the mail. Here are the stats: 11/2: Wife and I mail at the same time ...

Page 47 of 297 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
Like Tree2175Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    UPDATE:

Just got back from getting the mail. Here are the stats:

11/2: Wife and I mail at the same time from same place.
    11/14: Both our checks were cashed.
    12/1: Wife Got hers. Issued 11/25 Permit # 14xxx
    12/8: FINALLY.... got it! Issued 12/5 Permit # 19xxx

Currently back at my office with my Ruger SR9C holstered on my hip.

Another day come and gone....another permit-free day.

Mailed Nov 1st

Check cashed Nov 8th

Blah, blah, blah.

CONGRATS, Lake Effect. I've been watching your posts. It must feel great to have your sidearm on you at work now! I wish the same feeling could be bestowed on the rest of us who are waiting.

Maybe tomorrow. Blah, blah, blah.

Broken record.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Dogluvr View Post
    Another day come and gone....another permit-free day.

Mailed Nov 1st

Check cashed Nov 8th

Blah, blah, blah.

CONGRATS, Lake Effect. I've been watching your posts. It must feel great to have your sidearm on you at work now! I wish the same feeling could be bestowed on the rest of us who are waiting.

Maybe tomorrow. Blah, blah, blah.

Broken record.
    It did feel good. I was actually shocked that envelope was in my mailbox. I didn't think I'd ever see it either. I hope all the first day-ers see theirs soon. I feel a little guilty, but I wasn't too far behind. Just glad the waiting is over. Trust me, just when you think it will never come.....it does. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    I think my check was deposited on the 17th also as it cleared my bank on the 18th! What did they do with those apps???!!!
    My wife and I had our checks cashed the same day. But her permit was issued 10 days before mine. None of it makes sense.
    magic4833 likes this.

Same here.
    mailed 11/1
    cashed 11/14

FWIW... there was 3,000 "rejected" applications, not 3,000 "denials". Huge huge differance. A rejected app means it was filled out incorrectly, was incomplete, training was not sufficient, address doesn't match DMV records, or there was no $50 enclosed. Most common cause of "rejection" I've seen posted has beed forgeting the affirmation form if using another state's CWL to fulfill training and wrong address at DMV. All the rejections get all forms returned, and check returned too, and are given another address to re-send to, after corrections are made. If your check was already cashed, your app was not rejected.

A "denial" OTOH, means you failed the background check and are not legally qualified to have a CWL for cause.... and you do not get your money back after your check was cashed. Checks are only cashed after app is received and accepted as correct & complete, and training is good. Only then do you proceed to background check system. But they are required by the law to send a denial letter before your deadline, and it MUST contain the specific reason(s) you were denied, and the data to back it up. You can then, if you believe they are wrong, file an appeal in your local court. If you are right and DOJ was wrong, DOJ MUST pay all court costs and YOUR attorney fees, and promptly issue your CWL. Just to shine some light on the denial meaning. I recieved a letter from the DOJ it states . WE regret to inform you that your application for cc licence has been DENIED. The denial of your application was based upon the following: Application address does not match drivers license address. If denied for this reason only contact the (DOT) to update your address and resubmit your application and training documentation to the DOJ along with a copy of this letter to waive an additional application fee . it does not state where to mail the form to , so i called the DOJ . Was told to mail it to the same address i mailed it to originally. Hope this clears up the difference between denied and rejected .

Quote Originally Posted by Buckman60 View Post
    Same here.
    mailed 11/1
    cashed 11/14

FWIW... there was 3,000 "rejected" applications, not 3,000 "denials". Huge huge differance. A rejected app means it was filled out incorrectly, was incomplete, training was not sufficient, address doesn't match DMV records, or there was no $50 enclosed. Most common cause of "rejection" I've seen posted has beed forgeting the affirmation form if using another state's CWL to fulfill training and wrong address at DMV. All the rejections get all forms returned, and check returned too, and are given another address to re-send to, after corrections are made. If your check was already cashed, your app was not rejected.

A "denial" OTOH, means you failed the background check and are not legally qualified to have a CWL for cause.... and you do not get your money back after your check was cashed. Checks are only cashed after app is received and accepted as correct & complete, and training is good. Only then do you proceed to background check system. But they are required by the law to send a denial letter before your deadline, and it MUST contain the specific reason(s) you were denied, and the data to back it up. You can then, if you believe they are wrong, file an appeal in your local court. If you are right and DOJ was wrong, DOJ MUST pay all court costs and YOUR attorney fees, and promptly issue your CWL. Just to shine some light on the denial meaning. I recieved a letter from the DOJ it states . WE regret to inform you that your application for cc licence has been DENIED. The denial of your application was based upon the following: Application address does not match drivers license address. If denied for this reason only contact the (DOT) to update your address and resubmit your application and training documentation to the DOJ along with a copy of this letter to waive an additional application fee . it does not state where to mail the form to , so i called the DOJ . Was told to mail it to the same address i mailed it to originally. Hope this clears up the difference between denied and rejected .
    I was told by the lady at DOJ if a denial letter is received to correct any information it was to be mailed to a different address which will be listed on the letter. Don't they know what the hell is going on? Giving two different answers to same question.

Sorry but i was trying to copy the post from rfb45colt #682 . If you read my post start where it says JUST TO SHINE SOME LIGHT ...... i'm not that good at using this laptop !!!!

It's interesting that the gap between permits that have been processed, but not sent, is increasing rather noticeably. I'm curious to know the system in place. As someone who has done automated tasks of a different nature, but the end result being equipment shipped out working again I'd like to see how it was implemented.

Clearly, there is major failure at some point. I'd like to know what it is, so I never make that mistake myself.

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    It's interesting that the gap between permits that have been processed, but not sent, is increasing rather noticeably. I'm curious to know the system in place. As someone who has done automated tasks of a different nature, but the end result being equipment shipped out working again I'd like to see how it was implemented.

Clearly, there is major failure at some point. I'd like to know what it is, so I never make that mistake myself.
    We will probably never find out...they sure wouldn't admit to any mistakes being made.

I'll try to help here, Buckman60. Here's what you said in my reply to my post.

"Just to shine some light on the denial meaning. I recieved a letter from the DOJ it states . WE regret to inform you that your application for cc licence has been DENIED. The denial of your application was based upon the following: Application address does not match drivers license address. If denied for this reason only contact the (DOT) to update your address and resubmit your application and training documentation to the DOJ along with a copy of this letter to waive an additional application fee . it does not state where to mail the form to , so i called the DOJ . Was told to mail it to the same address i mailed it to originally. Hope this clears up the difference between denied and rejected ."

Ok... now I'll respond. If what you say is as I understand it, you are the first that I've seen posted on any forum to...

get rejected for incorrect address and not get their check back.

get rejected for incorrect address and not be given a differant address to re-submit to after making corrections, either on application or at DMV so they are same.

To shed more light on this... when did you mail in originally, and when did they cash your check? Just trying to determine if they've changed from what they've been doing all along to a new policy.

From wisconsinshooters.com

I believe that "rfb45colt" is right if you were one of the people that sent in your application in the first few days, and had your checks cashed in the middle of November your application is burried! I sent my application in on the 2nd of Nov. check cashed on the 16th. I called yesterday and was told that group of applications are burried!! and if i don't see my license by December 19th that i should call back. I also believe that DOJ has only 21 days from December 1 to process new applications? What about sending in a duplicate application?? One of them should get processed!

Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    From wisconsinshooters.com

I believe that "rfb45colt" is right if you were one of the people that sent in your application in the first few days, and had your checks cashed in the middle of November your application is burried! I sent my application in on the 2nd of Nov. check cashed on the 16th. I called yesterday and was told that group of applications are burried!! and if i don't see my license by December 19th that i should call back. I also believe that DOJ has only 21 days from December 1 to process new applications? What about sending in a duplicate application?? One of them should get processed!
    That's what I said in post #690, I may do that and send a copy of my cleared check along with an application and copy of my training cert.

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    That's what I said in post #690, I may do that and send a copy of my cleared check along with an application and copy of my training cert.
    oh sorry

Quote Originally Posted by rfb45colt View Post
    I'll try to help here, Buckman60. Here's what you said in my reply to my post.

"Just to shine some light on the denial meaning. I recieved a letter from the DOJ it states . WE regret to inform you that your application for cc licence has been DENIED. The denial of your application was based upon the following: Application address does not match drivers license address. If denied for this reason only contact the (DOT) to update your address and resubmit your application and training documentation to the DOJ along with a copy of this letter to waive an additional application fee . it does not state where to mail the form to , so i called the DOJ . Was told to mail it to the same address i mailed it to originally. Hope this clears up the difference between denied and rejected ."

Ok... now I'll respond. If what you say is as I understand it, you are the first that I've seen posted on any forum to...

get rejected for incorrect address and not get their check back.

get rejected for incorrect address and not be given a differant address to re-submit to after making corrections, either on application or at DMV so they are same.

To shed more light on this... when did you mail in originally, and when did they cash your check? Just trying to determine if they've changed from what they've been doing all along to a new policy.
    Ok here's what happened to me !!! Mailed it out on Nov.2nd , check cashed Nov. 12th. received denial letter on Nov. 17th . After the holidays took care of DMV address . Didnt say where to resumit , called DOJ they said to mail it back to original address. She said it will take about 3 weeks to recieve permit due to me already passing back ground check . I told her i was concerned that i would be held back even further , from being denied. She did seem surprized i didn't get my check returned . So when i told her the letter said to return a copy as proof of payment she said ( then your alright ) . She was nice about it , but it left me feeling kinda concerned . So we will give it a few more weekks till a start to panic !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    oh sorry
    don't be sorry.

16 days since check was cashed wow

Links