Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by IBD thanks! CHECK CASHED NOV 18.....STILL WAITING......LESS PATIENTLY LATELY THO..... DITTO!...

Page 49 of 296 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
Like Tree2173Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by IBD View Post
    thanks!

CHECK CASHED NOV 18.....STILL WAITING......LESS PATIENTLY LATELY THO.....
    DITTO!
    magic4833 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

The countdown begins

10 days from today, the DOJ is mandated to issue my permit. I mailed the 3rd. They recvd the 4th. The lost batch of apps story is interesting... if true. I have transitioned from the mad to sad stage. What a great opportunity this could have been to restore a little faith in Madison. What was I thinking....

Again, if anyone who is involved is listening... please do what you said you were going to do..."process in order received".

cl
    magic4833 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    It's interesting that the gap between permits that have been processed, but not sent, is increasing rather noticeably. I'm curious to know the system in place. As someone who has done automated tasks of a different nature, but the end result being equipment shipped out working again I'd like to see how it was implemented.

Clearly, there is major failure at some point. I'd like to know what it is, so I never make that mistake myself.

How many people applied that are NOT on some internet forum? Those could likely be your gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    For those that travel frequently it might be worthwhile obtaining a Utah CCW since there permit is recognized in 34 states. For a listing of states see:
    Utah Department of Public Safety

Fee for non-resident $65.00

Source: Handgunlaw.us
    They'd still have to wait to receive the WI permit first as they must submit a copy of it with the UT application...and take a UT specific classl. Now if you apply with AZ, then the training you used for WI will suffice...about the same cost with equivalent reciprocity.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    Utah is nice but Florida is better IMHO
    More expensive...but what do you feel makes it better?

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    For those that travel frequently it might be worthwhile obtaining a Utah CCW since there permit is recognized in 34 states. For a listing of states see:

Fee for non-resident $65.00

Source: Handgunlaw.us
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

TGP
    Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    The reason i copied it from the other forum is because of this quote.

I called yesterday and was told that group of applications are burried!!

I thought maybe some of the guys waiting since the first would find that interesting.
    What number can you call?

Still nothing here ... mailed on 11/03, check presented to the bank 11/14, cleared 11/15, used a copy of my original Hunter's Safety card ... just like many others who sent later than me and have received there's ...certainly no order to the process and no way of tracking the progress of the application makes it impossibly frustrating.
    magic4833 likes this.

TGP
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    I just applied for both Utah & Fl. Incidentally, Both require fingerprints. FL requires they be done by a police agency. Utah costs $65 and FL costs $117.

22 days from when check was cashed until today- I'm calling and getting an answer.

TGP
    fL CCW Covers states that Utah doesn't.

TGP
    What number can you call?

TGP
    Quote Originally Posted by magic4833 View Post
    22 days from when check was cashed until today- I'm calling and getting an answer.
    What number can you call to WI DOJ?

Quote Originally Posted by califr View Post
    10 days from today, the DOJ is mandated to issue my permit. I mailed the 3rd. They recvd the 4th. The lost batch of apps story is interesting... if true. I have transitioned from the mad to sad stage. What a great opportunity this could have been to restore a little faith in Madison. What was I thinking....

Again, if anyone who is involved is listening... please do what you said you were going to do..."process in order received".

cl
    I also mailed the 4th, and appears to be in the "limbo" pile. If the problem is as bad as we suspect than the only option for the DOJ would be to isolate that pile and slowly chip away, they really cant stop all processes to play catch up that would have a negitive effect. I'm hopeful that they learned vital lessons for future applicants. I've resigned myself to the fact that if they are "BURIED" as some have posted here, than there will be some of us that will in fact exceed the intial 45 day time frame. I strongly believe MURPHY'S LAW comes into play. Just another SNAFU.
    magic4833 likes this.

TGP
    Quote Originally Posted by TGP View Post
    What number can you call to WI DOJ?
    Got it:
    If you would like to contact the Wisconsin Department of Justice by telephone, please call:
    608-266-1221

If you would like to write to the Wisconsin Department of Justice, please direct all communication to:
    Wisconsin Department of Justice
    P.O. Box 7857
    Madison, WI 53707-7857
    Fax: 608-267-2779

The Wisconsin Department of Justice headquarters is located in the Risser Justice Center, 17 West Main Street, in Madison, 53703.

If you would like to serve a notice of claim [PDF form] upon the Attorney General under Wis. Stat. 893.82, please direct such claim to:*
    Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen
    114 East State Capitol
    Madison, WI 53702-7857

Consumer Contacts
    magic4833 likes this.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    And for those of you that don't know look up the true meaning of SNAFU. It was coined during WWII. Love creative genius.
    magic4833 likes this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Just got off the phone with DOJ.......Wait and push number 8 and you will get to talk to someone.
    What was said was call back after 45 days.... Why then am I waiting 21 days since check cashed.....You must have common name.... How does process work..... First come first served.... Then why did my buddy get his 3 days after they processed check.....No idea...... Call back at 45 days...
    Call and get some more lies
    608-266-7314 #8

Links