Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by DapperDan I mailed my application, with DD214, on 11/1 at 1030 AM from West Allis. Check cleared last Thursday. I got the ...

Page 5 of 297 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Hoping

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    I mailed my application, with DD214, on 11/1 at 1030 AM from West Allis. Check cleared last Thursday. I got the permit today (11/15). License number is just over 5000.
    I put my app in the mail 5:30pm the 3rd, at the Racine PO. No permit nor has check cashed. My friend mailed his last Tuesday(the first), from Waukesha and his check cleared last Thursday(the 10th). No permit as of today.

2. Remove Ads

I am really really really kicking myself. I had to wait until the 7th before I could send it out because I had to wait for my certification stuff. By the looks of it maybe ill see it next year at about this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooferdog View Post
    Check cleared this morning, now it's a wait for the mail.
    What day did you mail yours in?

Is there any one who mailed on the 2nd that either has the checked cleared or have their card yet? Just trying to get an idea how many mailed the 1st they have not got to yet.

Sent in 2nd

Sent in my application the 2nd check cleared the bank today. No permit in mail

Mailed on the first from West Milwaukee PO with postal money order. Received it today. Number 527X With Utah and now WI I'm good to go. Well maybe Florida in the near future.

Well, here I am a little red-faced as the thread-starter, and I have mixed news. I must sadly report that I have no permit in hand. The good news is that my check cleared my bank on 11/7. I tried desperately to hold out from checking the account until tonight, thinking the Golden Ticket would arrive days ago. Finally, after having a LONG day at the office, I dragged my sorry a** to the mailbox, and was disappointed again. So I marched inside, whipped out the checkbook, and cruised to my bank's website, waded through the checks cleared, and low and behold, Check #8310 cleared on the 7th, 6 whole days after it was delivered Registered Mail on the 2nd of November at 8:04 AM! Geesh, I should have driven the whole 8 miles into Madison and waited for the doors to open on the 1st. Silly me didn't think clearly. Guess I have spent too much brain power trying to figure out what the f**k is wrong with the People's Republic of Madison and the idiots residing there! Well, I'll post the arrival time soon, I hope.
    Application landed - 11/2/11; Check cleared - 11/7/11; Permit in hand - ???

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rlimke View Post
    Well, here I am a little red-faced as the thread-starter, and I have mixed news. I must sadly report that I have no permit in hand. The good news is that my check cleared my bank on 11/7. I tried desperately to hold out from checking the account until tonight, thinking the Golden Ticket would arrive days ago. Finally, after having a LONG day at the office, I dragged my sorry a** to the mailbox, and was disappointed again. So I marched inside, whipped out the checkbook, and cruised to my bank's website, waded through the checks cleared, and low and behold, Check #8310 cleared on the 7th, 6 whole days after it was delivered Registered Mail on the 2nd of November at 8:04 AM! Geesh, I should have driven the whole 8 miles into Madison and waited for the doors to open on the 1st. Silly me didn't think clearly. Guess I have spent too much brain power trying to figure out what the ? is wrong with the People's Republic of Madison and the idiots residing there! Well, I'll post the arrival time soon, I hope.
    Application landed - 11/2/11; Check cleared - 11/7/11; Permit in hand - ???
    Not trying to pile it on but that entry will cost you one demerit. But chin up live and learn your not the first or last. For what it's worth many of us here are in the same boat and feel the same way.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

App. Sent: Nov. 3, 0730hrs, West Allis

Check cashed: Nov. 15. 1130hrs

Permit received: ?????

Will keep posted.....

Quote Originally Posted by rlimke View Post
    Geesh, I should have driven the whole 8 miles into Madison and waited for the doors to open on the 1st.
    DOH! If I was that close I would've driven, about the same price mailing it.

I'm about 70miles away. Good to be away from Madison, bad for permit getting.lol

Anyway....
    App. sent the 2nd, as of today no checked cashed,no permit

Mailed my app on Nov. 2nd. Check cleared on Nov. 14th. Waiting on the mail box to receive the goods. Will keep you updated. Good luck to everyone.

Wife & I mailed ours in separate envelopes Nov.1 AM from Mt. Horeb PO. Hers: w/ expired FL license: Mine: w/ DD214 & DD256.
    Her permit #205 arrived Nov. 4, check cleared following week. My check cleared Nov. 14 - no permit received yet.

Quote Originally Posted by stptg65 View Post
    Wife & I mailed ours in separate envelopes Nov.1 AM from Mt. Horeb PO. Hers: w/ expired FL license: Mine: w/ DD214 & DD256.
    Her permit #205 arrived Nov. 4, check cleared following week. My check cleared Nov. 14 - no permit received yet.
    Just a guess on my part but betting permit #'s 1 thru 100 all went to DOJ employees. Go figure somethings never change.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

WI concealed carry denied

I know a guy, hes the first in the state that has to appeal for his permit. What happened is that the DOJ said that the address he out down did not match the records. The records showed his old house he lived at 3 years ago. The catch is he updated his address with the DOT (which is what the DOJ is using) when he moved. His current drivers license has the current address, needless to say he was denied. He was the first in the state to have to appeal. While he was in madison, to figure out what he needed to do, another person called in with the same issue. To top it off, the website link that they gave him to change the address was a faulty link.

Anybody else hear this? Or know how to handle this? IDEAS?

JERP
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    I know a guy, hes the first in the state that has to appeal for his permit. What happened is that the DOJ said that the address he out down did not match the records. The records showed his old house he lived at 3 years ago. The catch is he updated his address with the DOT (which is what the DOJ is using) when he moved. His current drivers license has the current address, needless to say he was denied. He was the first in the state to have to appeal. While he was in madison, to figure out what he needed to do, another person called in with the same issue. To top it off, the website link that they gave him to change the address was a faulty link.

Anybody else hear this? Or know how to handle this? IDEAS?

JERP
    I sent a copy of my Drivers Lic along with my paperwork just because I trust the DOT even less than the DOJ

Links