Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 50

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by TGP What number can you call to WI DOJ? 608-266-7314 #8...

Page 50 of 297 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by TGP View Post
    What number can you call to WI DOJ?
    608-266-7314 #8

fL CCW Covers states that Utah doesn't.
    Then AZ is even better as it adds one more that FL doesn't. UT will give you MN.

this is not SNAFU this is FUBAR
    WD54241 likes this.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Then AZ is even better as it adds one more that FL doesn't. UT will give you MN.
    But if you make the trip to MN and get theirs and Florida's at the same time your good to go most any place where the states believe in 2nd amendment rights. Including the trip to Disney World your kids have been wanting LOL
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

TGP
    Got it:
    If you would like to contact the Wisconsin Department of Justice by telephone, please call:
    608-266-1221

If you would like to write to the Wisconsin Department of Justice, please direct all communication to:
    Wisconsin Department of Justice
    P.O. Box 7857
    Madison, WI 53707-7857
    Fax: 608-267-2779

The Wisconsin Department of Justice headquarters is located in the Risser Justice Center, 17 West Main Street, in Madison, 53703.

If you would like to serve a notice of claim [PDF form] upon the Attorney General under Wis. Stat. 893.82, please direct such claim to:*
    Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen
    114 East State Capitol
    Madison, WI 53702-7857

Consumer Contacts
    Just called WI DoJ: very nice lady was very patient and helpful. She indicated that the 45 day run starts with he day they received your application. Then they go into one of several queues. Like ech processor has a queue. If your queue has a lot of people needing more extensive background checks or rejection letters then that queue moves much more slowly. Likewise, if the queue has an less experienced worker or a slower data entry capability that slows the queue. She indicated that she believes all will be processed within the 45 day mandate. Also, if check cashed, then cursory review of all documents was completed and everything appeared acceptable. She said I could call back after 45 days ndvshe could check further for me if I hadn't received my permit by then.
    magic4833 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by IBD View Post
    Anyone have the correct phone # to contact the DOJ on this "lost in the pile" issue? If so please post here. Thanks from still waiting & waiting....
    DOJ
    Firearms Unit
    PO BOX 7130
    Madison 53707

608-266-7314 #8

TGP
    Thanks.
    magic4833 likes this.

FWIW, I'm convinced the DOJ knows they or someone dropped the ball. They are taking the steps to try and for a lack of a better term damage control. I don't think calling will get to many honest answers other some have been buried. The best answer they can do at this point is to say call back at your 45 day point. The screw up took place when the person took the applications and put them at the BG check. they must have put day's maybe a weeks worth on top of ours which would explain the large gaps. So for now the only answer were going to hear is 45 day. The other answers are perfume on poop.
    magic4833 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerdog77 View Post
    I notice newly arriving permits numberd from 19xx up to 20xx and back down to 18xx there is no order in numbers. That leads me to believe the hold up is how and when they are mailed and not when issued.
    I live in the northern part of the state and mail takes 3 days to get here where people down south get theirs in 1 or 2 days. That could be some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    But if you make the trip to MN and get theirs and Florida's at the same time your good to go most any place where the states believe in 2nd amendment rights. Including the trip to Disney World your kids have been wanting LOL
    I forgot the WI permit isn't honored in FL yet...therefore you folks would need FL to carry there. But once FL/WI agree THEN the AZ would be the better deal....as it is 1/2 the cost.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    I forgot the WI permit isn't honored in FL yet...therefore you folks would need FL to carry there. But once FL/WI agree THEN the AZ would be the better deal....as it is 1/2 the cost.
    They are not likely to honer each other as Wisconsin will not honer theirs by current law and they won't honor states that will hot honor theirs. Minnesota same thing in reverse. MN will not honor any state that does not meet or exceed their training requirements.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Another day that 22 and I so pissed off that now I'm not even waiting to see the mailman anymore, counting the days to file a complaint and whatever it takes will get to the bottom of this! I will call them everyday and let them now the count. If that takes someone out of the processing line screw it, its so ass backwards to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by magic4833 View Post
    Another day that 22 and I so pissed off that now I'm not even waiting to see the mailman anymore, counting the days to file a complaint and whatever it takes will get to the bottom of this! I will call them everyday and let them now the count. If that takes someone out of the processing line screw it, its so ass backwards to begin with.
    I hear you loud and clear. I have not even checked my mail today.
    magic4833 likes this.

Another day come and gone and still NOTHING!! I too will call everyday!!

I called and spoke with a guy who said after 45 days call back and I will give you to someone who's cage you can rattle...YEA RIGHT!!
    magic4833 likes this.

So I called again and asked what was going on? A very nice lady stated there was no such thing as first come first served and I would have to wait until 45 day mark. They also stated that I had to provide proof of when it was received. Then when I told here it was going on 22 days she asked if that included weekend and holidays. I asked if they are working or mailing on weekend. She stated that there was no one working on Saturday and she thought there was no mailing on Friday also. Then she proceed to tell me that there was no process in place for anyone going beyond 45 days and that you would have to proved information on who you are and then the process of finding your application could take 3-6 days before it starts to get reviewed. OMG I wonder how the criminal's process there concealed carry application, my guess is its less red ******* tape.

Sponsored Links