Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 51

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by TGP fL CCW Covers states that Utah doesn't. Like Florida. :) That's why I'm considering getting their's. Because I go to Florida ...

Page 51 of 297 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by TGP View Post
    fL CCW Covers states that Utah doesn't.
    Like Florida. :) That's why I'm considering getting their's. Because I go to Florida now and then.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by magic4833 View Post
    So I called again and asked what was going on? A very nice lady stated there was no such thing as first come first served and I would have to wait until 45 day mark. They also stated that I had to provide proof of when it was received. Then when I told here it was going on 22 days she asked if that included weekend and holidays. I asked if they are working or mailing on weekend. She stated that there was no one working on Saturday and she thought there was no mailing on Friday also. Then she proceed to tell me that there was no process in place for anyone going beyond 45 days and that you would have to proved information on who you are and then the process of finding your application could take 3-6 days before it starts to get reviewed. OMG I wonder how the criminal's process there concealed carry application, my guess is its less red ******* tape.
    DON'T LET THIS LADY GET TO YOU! Page one of the application clearly stated that the applications will be first in first out. did you happen to get her name? No process for anything beyond 45 days? The law madates that they have to be done within that time frame. As far as mailing goes the longest it should take is 3 days. They deposited your check you have proof of that, the burden of proof is on them.. This lady was blowing alot of sunshine up your tail pipe! I'd lodge a formal complaint.

So I called again and asked what was going on? A very nice lady stated there was no such thing as first come first served and I would have to wait until 45 day mark. They also stated that I had to provide proof of when it was received. Then when I told here it was going on 22 days she asked if that included weekend and holidays. I asked if they are working or mailing on weekend. She stated that there was no one working on Saturday and she thought there was no mailing on Friday also. Then she proceed to tell me that there was no process in place for anyone going beyond 45 days and that you would have to proved information on who you are and then the process of finding your application could take 3-6 days before it starts to get reviewed. OMG I wonder how the criminal's process there concealed carry application, my guess is its less red ******* tape.
    What now we can't count weekends and holidays within the 45 days!? What kind of crap is this BS? Just excuses and more red tape...they should have said to mail with delivery confirmation!

Thought about sending in another application with the certificate and copy of cancelled check....but with my luck it would get denied and the first one would be null and void..so I guess I will just wait and wait and wait!!!

Yet another reason to look upon any government worker with a cautious eye, Honestly I'm sick and tired of the disinformation and bs coming from Madison. I simply love the fact we followed the directions to the letter of the law! paid money only to be fed lies.
    magic4833 likes this.

Just back from checking mail box, NOTHING FROM DOJ.
    Mailed 11/4
    Deposited 11/16
    Posted to my account 11/17

LIKE SAND THROUGH AN HOUR GLASS!!
    I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!!
    I'm frustrated over the fact that were getting the shaft and when we question the powers that be, "WERE BEING TOLD sSOMETHING DIFFERENT DAILY" ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!
    I'm not Harvard educated but I've been around the block enough to see a shafting of EPIC perportions.
    kathie63 likes this.

I think if your check cleared that should count as acceptance by the doj you are legal to do so and you should be allowed to carry from that point. You think leo would accept my check as proof?
    magic4833 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    i think if your check cleared that should count as acceptance by the doj you are legal to do so and you should be allowed to carry from that point. You think leo would accept my check as proof?
    no, that only means you filled out the application correctly.. Don't give them sob's the satisfaction of locking you up, going to court paying a fine and kissing away any chance of getting approved in wi or any other state.

Sorry but she was wrong. If you claim it's been more than 45 days since they received it, based upon the date you mailed it, it's up to them to prove it's not been 45 days. They cannot dispute your claim of when they received it, unless they can tell you exactly when it was received. They cannot dispute your claim without evidence to the contrary. Think they'll lie? I don't. Especially if you have a dated receipt for the postage and destination sent to, like I do. They've lied to us enough... time to return the favor. If they ask if you have proof, say yes, whether you do or not. You're not under oath. See what they say then.

She was wrong again about them not working on saturdays. Not only has DOJ's spokepeople consistantly claim they're working 7 days, the forums are full of postings of issue dates that are saturdays & sundays. Are they putting the incorrect issue dates on licenses? Doubt it. Are those posters lying. Again, I doubt that too.

About the only thing she had right is they likely aren't mailing friday's issues until monday, and aren't mailing on weekends neither.

I think you talked to the cleaning lady. Or someone who just hung up from an irate caller and wanted to blow you off.

edit to add: the wife of a poster over at ar15.com got hers today. mailed 11/1, check cashed 11/14, issue date 12/3 (Saturday!!)
    Last edited by rfb45colt; December 9th, 2011 at 09:31 PM.

First the department of justice stated:

1. First in first out, page one of application.
    2. Than stated underestimated volume of mail.
    3. Than stated under staffed.
    4. Than stated some temp office workers doj hired type slower than others. (***?)
    5. Than admitted applications were "buried"
    6. Than stated they don't process first in first out.
    7. Than stated there is no formal process for us after the mandated 45 days.

This is some kind of justice were getting from "our state department of justice"!!!!!

Just got my wife's permit.

Mailed 11/1
    check cleared 11/14
    issued 12/5
    received 12/8
    permit # a few short of 20,000

Mine cane last week and was 16000 so it seems they can do about 4000 per week.

Found this on another forum... Cant be true

Sent- November 29

Received- December 8

Permit # 20XXX

OK..... for those who've been waiting since mailing first few days, if you're gonna vote for JB V. H. in next election, raise your hand. <hands down by side>

Anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by rfb45colt View Post
    OK..... for those who've been waiting since mailing first few days, if you're gonna vote for JBVH in next election, raise your hand. <hands down by side>

Anybody?
    NOPE!

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    First the department of justice stated:

1. First in first out, page one of application.
    2. Than stated underestimated volume of mail.
    3. Than stated under staffed.
    4. Than stated some temp office workers doj hired type slower than others. (***?)
    5. Than admitted applications were "buried"
    6. Than stated they don't process first in first out.
    7. Than stated there is no formal process for us after the mandated 45 days.

This is some kind of justice were getting from "our state department of justice"!!!!!
    Nothing but excuses to hold us off!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    Nothing but excuses to hold us off!!!
    But to what logical conclusion would DOJ continue to spout utter disinformation?
    "We" had to demonstrate we are good upstanding members of the community, as well document that we have passed state requirements.
    What I feel at this point is that there is NO oversight within this department with regards to the handling of our questions. It's a disgrace to say the least. I would like for the department to make a press statement stating that they are aware of the problem and announce some type of corrective measure or some type of gesture other than flipping us the bird! They have forgotten it is us that pays there salary.

Links