Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; App mailed 11-3 check cashed 11-17 and today NOTHING! NOTHING! NOTHING!...

Page 52 of 297 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

App mailed 11-3
    check cashed 11-17
    and today NOTHING! NOTHING! NOTHING!

2. Remove Ads

It's been 14 days since my wife got her permit and I don't have mine yet. We mailed them in on the 2nd. checks cleared same day.
    I called Pam Gallaways office to see it any other complaints have been made and the nice gentleman in her office said I was only the 2nd complaint that was made about the length of time it has been taking to get the permits.
    I think some more voters should be contacting their reps about this. He did tell me when my 45 days has expired to call back and they will call DOJ and see whats up.

mailed 11/2
    check cashed 11/17
    no permit
    I think I've been had for 50 bucks
    magic4833 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    DON'T LET THIS LADY GET TO YOU! Page one of the application clearly stated that the applications will be first in first out. did you happen to get her name? No process for anything beyond 45 days? The law madates that they have to be done within that time frame. As far as mailing goes the longest it should take is 3 days. They deposited your check you have proof of that, the burden of proof is on them.. This lady was blowing alot of sunshine up your tail pipe! I'd lodge a formal complaint.
    Just telling people what she said.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerdog77 View Post
    App mailed 11-3
    check cashed 11-17
    and today NOTHING! NOTHING! NOTHING!
    feel your pain

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    What now we can't count weekends and holidays within the 45 days!? What kind of crap is this BS? Just excuses and more red tape...they should have said to mail with delivery confirmation!

Thought about sending in another application with the certificate and copy of cancelled check....but with my luck it would get denied and the first one would be null and void..so I guess I will just wait and wait and wait!!!
    I did that and now can't find my receipt,

Quote Originally Posted by rfb45colt View Post
    Sorry but she was wrong. If you claim it's been more than 45 days since they received it, based upon the date you mailed it, it's up to them to prove it's not been 45 days. They cannot dispute your claim of when they received it, unless they can tell you exactly when it was received. They cannot dispute your claim without evidence to the contrary. Think they'll lie? I don't. Especially if you have a dated receipt for the postage and destination sent to, like I do. They've lied to us enough... time to return the favor. If they ask if you have proof, say yes, whether you do or not. You're not under oath. See what they say then.

She was wrong again about them not working on saturdays. Not only has DOJ's spokepeople consistantly claim they're working 7 days, the forums are full of postings of issue dates that are saturdays & sundays. Are they putting the incorrect issue dates on licenses? Doubt it. Are those posters lying. Again, I doubt that too.

About the only thing she had right is they likely aren't mailing friday's issues until monday, and aren't mailing on weekends neither.

I think you talked to the cleaning lady. Or someone who just hung up from an irate caller and wanted to blow you off.
    A cleaning lady who works in Madison and hand walked her application through process. I bet that she has got her cwp.

No permit today.

No smiles today.
    magic4833 likes this.

[QUOTE=magic4833;2098177]Another day that 22 and I so pissed off that now I'm not even waiting to see the mailman anymore, counting the days to file a complaint and whatever it takes will get to the bottom of this! I will call them everyday and let them now the count. If that takes someone out of the processing line screw it, its so ass backwards to begin with. When i called today to get some questions answered , the lady said her job there is to only answer questions . She's not part of the processing line . So it sounds like if you call it won't slow down the processing .

Cool Happy Dance Permit

Happy Happy Dance!!!!
    Mailed 11/3 from Sussex Post Office
    Check Cashed 11/15
    Permit issued 12/5
    Received in Appleton 12/9
    Permit low 20XXX

Not that I wanted to wait 5 weeks but now that I recieved it the wait seems much less painful. To Wisc DOJ's credit, I mailed my Utah permit one week prior to mailing the Wisc Permit and have yet to recieve anything from Utah other then Utah cashing my check one week earlier then Wisc and yes I mailed it prior to Nov 1st so my Utah Training class would count, apps mailed to Utah after Nov 1st require a Wisc Permit first. Yes I was anxious and annoyed every day when it failed to show but Wisc DOJ in it's first month issued a permit faster then Utah, a State with an established system. For those of you mailing on Nov 1st with nothing, I still think that's wrong.

Hang in there..... Looks like most of us will have our 2nd Ammendment right back this month.

feelin bad for those still waitin'

Altho I did receive my permit in 29 days from mailing it in I still sympathize with the folks still waiting. I am not a real patient person by nature and was getting a little
    perturbed at the wait. I too was thinking its lost or rejected, or some kind of foul play had been used. Sneakin up on the mail box didn't help either. Only thing I can tell you guys is try to be patient as possible, it will happen for you too. Convince yourself you don't care when it comes and then **** happens.

good luck to all who wait

gone huntin'
    (with one lab)

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by magic4833 View Post
    So I called again and asked what was going on? A very nice lady stated there was no such thing as first come first served and I would have to wait until 45 day mark. They also stated that I had to provide proof of when it was received. Then when I told here it was going on 22 days she asked if that included weekend and holidays. I asked if they are working or mailing on weekend. She stated that there was no one working on Saturday and she thought there was no mailing on Friday also. Then she proceed to tell me that there was no process in place for anyone going beyond 45 days and that you would have to proved information on who you are and then the process of finding your application could take 3-6 days before it starts to get reviewed. OMG I wonder how the criminal's process there concealed carry application, my guess is its less red ******* tape.
    Just remember that Wisconsin as a whole is 49% tree hugging anti gun liberal. Madison is probably closer to 65% that way. Given that I can see why there is little sense of urgency amongst 65% of those at the DOJ. Add to it they are Temps, untrained, non union (for the most part) and due to having been unemployed prior to this gig couldn't afford a gun even if they wanted one and you can see why things are as messy as they are.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

App mailed on November 3rd
    Check cashed on November 18th
    No joy.
    "In whichever way I might like to relate my life to the rest of the world, my way takes me always across a great battlefield; unless I enter upon it, no permanent happiness can be mine." Carl von Clausewitz

Another day and nothing.

I have contacted my state representative and he is looking into this. Mind you, he has an R after his name and not a D, so hopefully something will come of his inquiry. I referred him to this specific thread to alert him of the problems we are having with receiving our permits in a timely manner.
    magic4833 likes this.

no joy here again.
    Just call me Little Orphan Annie..."Tomorrow, tomorrow..." lol
    magic4833 likes this.

Links