Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 53

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ciscokid Happy Happy Dance!!!! Mailed 11/3 from Sussex Post Office Check Cashed 11/15 Permit issued 12/5 Received in Appleton 12/9 Permit low ...

Page 53 of 297 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by ciscokid View Post
    Happy Happy Dance!!!!
    Mailed 11/3 from Sussex Post Office
    Check Cashed 11/15
    Permit issued 12/5
    Received in Appleton 12/9
    Permit low 20XXX

Not that I wanted to wait 5 weeks but now that I recieved it the wait seems much less painful. To Wisc DOJ's credit, I mailed my Utah permit one week prior to mailing the Wisc Permit and have yet to recieve anything from Utah other then Utah cashing my check one week earlier then Wisc and yes I mailed it prior to Nov 1st so my Utah Training class would count, apps mailed to Utah after Nov 1st require a Wisc Permit first. Yes I was anxious and annoyed every day when it failed to show but Wisc DOJ in it's first month issued a permit faster then Utah, a State with an established system. For those of you mailing on Nov 1st with nothing, I still think that's wrong.

Hang in there..... Looks like most of us will have our 2nd Ammendment right back this month.
    I waited 13 days for a MN CWL. I waited 32 days for a FL CWL. Tomorrow will be day #40 of waiting for a WI CWL (not to mention waiting all my life to get a law passed here), and still no end in sight. Not too happy with WI's DOJ right now. If I applied for a MN permit on the same day as I applied for a WI, and applied for another MN permit on the day of receiving the 1st, then again upon receiving the 2nd, etc.... I'd have 3 in my pocket right now, and I'd be mailing in for my 4th tomorrow (which would also likely show up before my WI does). Yet others can send in days, weeks, after I did, and they got them back. What's to like about WI's DOJ's handling of this? It's been just fine for some... if I mailed days after others and got mine weeks before them, I wouldn't be complaining much. But for others, it has sucked big time for the same reason the "later" people are happy. How about doing them in order and making everybody equally happy.
    WD54241 likes this.

Day 34. Utterly Disgusted. Part of the group that had checks posted than our applications vanished! No reasonable explanation given, don't know if it was mailed out and lost. No one to go to get help, just have to wait until day 45 resubmit proof that it was sent in. Than wait for them to research. I can only hope that some of our lawmakers are reading our posts. Come election time I will remember this.
    Late 0ct purchased pistol 5 mins passed bg check
    Nov purchased Carbine passed check in 5 mins
    Last year bought shotgun no problems ever.
    Obtained carriers permit in P.A. last year got it in 20 days!
    rfb45colt likes this.

Talking Calm down...

We have been waiting for cow for years, and now some can't wait a couple of months? Get over it! I'm sure all of the calls are NOT going to speed up the process for the rest of us at all.

Sent 11/1
    Check posted 11/14
    Check cleared 11/15
    ... and nothing as of 12/9.

Take a deep breath and relax people!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinemere View Post
    We have been waiting for cow for years, and now some can't wait a couple of months? Get over it! I'm sure all of the calls are NOT going to speed up the process for the rest of us at all.

Sent 11/1
    Check posted 11/14
    Check cleared 11/15

Its not so much the wait as it is people who sent apps long after us and getting their permits first. I have a hard time getting over that.
    kathie63 and magic4833 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerdog77 View Post
    Its not so much the wait as it is people who sent apps long after us and getting their permits first. I have a hard time getting over that.
    I agree, but we have no control over the process. It's just a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by magic4833 View Post
    “So I called again and asked what was going on? A very nice lady stated there was no such thing as first come first served and I would have to wait until 45 day mark.”

Below taken from the Wisconsin CCW application form:

"Application Processing: Completed application packets will be processed in the order they were received. Upon completion of the background investigation, if it is determined you meet the criteria established by law, your license will be mailed to you. Due to confidentiality requirements, the status of your application may not be checked by telephone."

So there should be no valid reason some many that sent applications on the 1st or shortly after should still be waiting since many that applied later already have their permit.

Seems someone didn't read the process that they were to follow.........
    rstanek and WD54241 like this.

Newbie here.......sent in application 11/7.......check posted to account 11/21................permit status............who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Pinemere View Post

Sent 11/1
    Check posted 11/14
    Check cleared 11/15

You missed our point! Yes to some whom have not read earlier posts it may seem were complaining and to some extent your right. We complied with W.I. law to the letter and submitted our applications. The DOJ was to process these application in the order in which they were received, "first in first out". As stated on page one of the application.

When we began seeing people who submitted 2, 3 weeks after us getting theirs before us it raised questions such as following protocol set forth by the DOJ. When we began calling the DOJ for an explanation we received numerous and often at times conflicting statements. Luckily we have this site to compare our results to our phone calls. We have been misled, received rude treatment, and often flat out lied to. Some calls have resulted in honest answers some of which included earlier applications being lost, misplaced call it what you want.

Speaking for the few people whom I met met on this site we are simply concerned our applications have been mailed and perhaps lost in the mail! leaving us in a state of perpetual limbo.

We'll see what today's mail brings...OH YEA, NOTHING but disappointment as usual...wait and see
    magic4833 likes this.

anyone u know ever get their permit on a sat.

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    We'll see what today's mail brings...OH YEA, NOTHING but disappointment as usual...wait and see
    i am in the same boat as the rest of you guys. Mailed on the 11/3 and check cashed on the 11/17 still no word and not sure if i should make any calls yet and who would give me the right answer if i did. I being patient but know of at least ten of my friends that have gotten their permits and mailed all about the same time with no issues and alot faster than mine. not in a huge rush but usually when someone takes my money i get something for it or they don't like the end result. If they need help making all this happen what are they doing with our money hire someone and get it done.
    kathie63 and WD54241 like this.

The law has a built-in deadline, which is rapidly approaching for a bunch of people. But DOJ is issuing to people who have not even applied until the 9th or 10th day, while an unknown number of prior applicants from the 1st few days still wait. Forget fairness, and first in line - first served, and all that. It's now become an issue of DOJ being "in the process" of violating the law as written.... unnecessarily. It defies concern for that legal deadline, to be issuing to those with a deadline 10 days later than others. If they were concerned at all about meeting the deadline, and following the law, this would not be happening. But it's only the Dept of JUSTICE... why should they be concerned about a trivial matter such as a law?

If they meet everybody's 45 day deadline, then there's no violation. But if a single license is issued prior to it's deadline, and a single license is still NOT issued by it's deadline, that's a clear violation that could've been avoided if the process was done properly. There's no excuses. Laws don't give "us" excuses, govt shouldn't have any either if it clearly could've been avoided.

Each deadline "missed" will be a violation of Act 35. Their pace has been 600 CWLs per day issued. If there's a 10 day differance between deadlines of those issued ahead of those who have not been issued, that's 6,000 violations of a law by a law enforcement agency, that will likely occur that could've been avoided. It's not just one violation. Each license not issued or denied by "day 45" is a violation. That's not a trivial matter that can be resolved by the "patience" of those violated against. Try not paying your taxes on time... then telling the govt "have some patience, I've got all these other bills to pay... I didn't expect so many". See how far that'll get ya.
    WD54241 and magic4833 like this.

I don't know any of my friends that have applied for a permit. Like I said before my hubby: mailed on 11/2, check cleared 11/14, received permit 11/17. Me: mailed 11/4, check cleared 11/18, no permit yet.

They don't care about the 45 day limit or being in violation of there own law. After all they are the law. I'm sure they are getting a good laugh at our expense. Any formal complaints after the 45 day point will be treated laughter and a slap on the back between those in the DOJ.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    They don't care about the 45 day limit or being in violation of there own law. After all they are the law. I'm sure they are getting a good laugh at our expense. Any formal complaints after the 45 day point will be treated laughter and a slap on the back between those in the DOJ.
    I can just see the high fives now

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Even a baboon could sort thru the mail in a couple of days and put it in date order. EXCEPT that as I've seen our postal service no longer puts dates on the cancellation stamps. (wonder why? but that's another complaint for another time). They should of, could of, keep them in delivery order by date received but obviously that was too much to expect from a civil service department attached to the DOJ.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Links