Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 54

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; They of course will blame the temps who were doing only what they were told to do! accountability is not high on there list of ...

Page 54 of 297 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

They of course will blame the temps who were doing only what they were told to do! accountability is not high on there list of prioritys that is self evident
    magic4833 likes this.

Could have used my permit yesterday. I confronted a possible burglar 5 am Friday. Turns out he was.
    Still waiting with controlled urgency.
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin
    "A gentlemen will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by mjb65 View Post
    Could have used my permit yesterday. I confronted a possible burglar 5 am Friday. Turns out he was.
    Still waiting with controlled urgency.
    It you were at home, no CWL is needed. Act 35 specifically legalized concealed carry without license on property you own, rent, lease, or "legally occupy" (own, rent, lease, are clear... "legally occupy" is not defined).

Piping hot coffee in hand, It's a fresh new day. Let us see what the mail brings could today be the day??
    magic4833 likes this.

I was walking to my car in the buildings parking lot on my way to work. Turns out the badguy I confronted outside had also been in the basement and in some of the cars doing badguy things.
    Thanks, I did not even think of open carry. With it 10 degrees outside open carry might be tough though.
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin
    "A gentlemen will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    I don't know any of my friends that have applied for a permit. Like I said before my hubby: mailed on 11/2, check cleared 11/14, received permit 11/17. Me: mailed 11/4, check cleared 11/18, no permit yet.
    I know of 10 of my friends who have applied. Of the 11 of us, 8 of us applied by mail on 11/1 (including myself). The other 7 all have them back, for at least two weeks now. Two others applied 11/2 by mail. One got his 11/26, the other got his 12/6. The last of the 11 applied on 11/8, and got his on 11/26 also (that one defies logic, but it's true... I've seen his license, and he took a class that ended on 11/7 for his training requirement).

Funny thing... I'm the sole "waiter" of those 11, and I had the most "qualifying" training documents of everyone. I had 7 to choose from (3 out-of-state CWLs, 2 training certs, hunter safety, hunter safety instructor ID). Most others had one or two. One other had 4 (training cert, HS, HS instructor, DD214). But only one is needed, so I only sent one (current FL CWL).

How many out there have had there checks cashed on the 17 and have gotten there permits?

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by magic4833 View Post
    “So I called again and asked what was going on? A very nice lady stated there was no such thing as first come first served and I would have to wait until 45 day mark.”

Below taken from the Wisconsin CCW application form:

"Application Processing: Completed application packets will be processed in the order they were received. Upon completion of the background investigation, if it is determined you meet the criteria established by law, your license will be mailed to you. Due to confidentiality requirements, the status of your application may not be checked by telephone."

So there should be no valid reason some many that sent applications on the 1st or shortly after should still be waiting since many that applied later already have their permit.

Seems someone didn't read the process that they were to follow.........

Just tell everyone on this forum what she told me! I also have read the law...

Quote Originally Posted by magic4833 View Post
    How many out there have had there checks cashed on the 17 and have gotten there permits?
    Too many to count. A better question would be - how many had them cashed 11/17, or earlier, and don't have their permits yet? Those with permits aren't as likely to be here (their wait is over), as those who are still without.

Mine deposited by DOJ on 11/14. Cleared my bank on 11/15.
    Mailed 11/1.

check cashed 11/17
    no permit
    WD54241 likes this.

Hey guess what... ANOTHER DAY WITH NOTHING>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    WD54241 likes this.

Mail come and gone NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mailed 11/4, check cashed 11/17, check cleared 11/18
    WD54241 likes this.

Family and I just returned from getting our Christmas tree. Limped to mail box opened it up and lo and behold! NOTHING!
    Mailed Morning of 11/4
    Check deposited by DOJ 11/16
    Posted 11/17

For what it's worth, even if they taped my permit to the back of a turtle it would have arrived by now! Very few of us that had there applications posted + - the 17th got them..
    It's time for the DOJ to make a statement as to what happened! I'd even wait longer if they would give us a honest answer.
    rstanek likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wd54241 View Post
    family and i just returned from getting our christmas tree. Limped to mail box opened it up and lo and behold! Nothing!
    Mailed morning of 11/4
    check deposited by doj 11/16
    posted 11/17

for what it's worth, even if they taped my permit to the back of a turtle it would have arrived by now! Very few of us that had there applications posted + - the 17th got them..
    It's time for the doj to make a statement as to what happened! I'd even wait longer if they would give us a honest answer.
    so true!!!!

Dear doj,
    all i want for christmas is my ccw permit. I've been a good boy this year filled out my application as you wanted me to and wrote my check out on 11/3/2011. I sent it to your magic workshop with joy and anticipation. Sadly doj your office misplaced not only my application but a lot of other good boy's and girl's! We contacted your magic hotline and have been told so many stories that honestly i don't know which one to believe! All i know is that people who filed 3 weeks after us have already gotten theres. I wonder if i can treat the dept of revenue the way i've been treated?
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Sponsored Links