Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Oh-well, maybe next week if the person doing my app can get away from the water cooler...

Page 55 of 296 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 825 of 4431
Like Tree2173Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

  1. #811
    Member Array rstanek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Holmen, Wisconsin
    Posts
    86
    Oh-well, maybe next week if the person doing my app can get away from the water cooler
    magic4833 likes this.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #812
    Member Array hdman97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    20
    mailed 11/2
    check cleared 11/17
    Nothing again today! 12/10
    magic4833 likes this.

  4. #813
    Senior Member Array WD54241's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lake shore N.E. W.I.
    Posts
    917
    They must have had a lot of wobbly desks and used our applications under the desk leg. Or ran out of toilet paper.
    magic4833 likes this.

  5. #814
    pps
    pps is offline
    Member Array pps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cadott, WI
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsvdb View Post
    Got my permit today.
    11/2: My husband and I mailed our applications in the same envelope
    11/10: Both of our checks cleared
    11/26: My husband received his permit, issued 11/23, #13xxx
    12/5: I received my permit, issued 11/30, #16xxx
    System seems quite disorganized to me. Reading threads from people who mailed on their apps on the 1st and still haven't received them.
    CONGRATS!!

    Actually it is not disorganized, wisconsin is doing a good job on Background checks..some take longer than others, also a lot of guns are being bought and it slowed down hand gun hotline big time..however I am impressed after interviewing Mr. Okeefe, he was honest and right on track with his estimates..

    I just feel people made assumptions, including myself about how the applications were being handled..

  6. #815
    New Member Array walthrfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    west allis wi
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by rfb45colt View Post
    Too many to count. A better question would be - how many had them cashed 11/17, or earlier, and don't have their permits yet? Those with permits aren't as likely to be here (their wait is over), as those who are still without.

    Mine deposited by DOJ on 11/14. Cleared my bank on 11/15.
    Mailed 11/1.
    exact same details here and no permit yesterday and none today either ... I'm so pissed
    magic4833 likes this.

  7. #816
    pps
    pps is offline
    Member Array pps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cadott, WI
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by mjb65 View Post
    Could have used my permit yesterday. I confronted a possible burglar 5 am Friday. Turns out he was.
    Still waiting with controlled urgency.
    anyone that knows the rules of CCW permit holders, is "stay our of conflict" your not there to stop a burglar.. UNLESS he threatened your life, which I doubt...these are the kind of people that make me cringe carrying... CALL 911
    CountToNine likes this.

  8. #817
    pps
    pps is offline
    Member Array pps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cadott, WI
    Posts
    72
    I think some are under the mis conception that because their check was cashed they are "approved" they are not, it means they payed their Background check fee, your waiting for a background check..your name popped up something and being there are so many background checks they have to be processed one by one...

    when you bought a handgun or rifle you had one person right there doing yours..they have to wait for other states or info to get back from the system..

  9. #818
    Member Array rfb45colt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    wisconsin northwoods
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by pps View Post
    I think some are under the mis conception that because their check was cashed they are "approved" they are not, it means they payed their Background check fee, your waiting for a background check..your name popped up something and being there are so many background checks they have to be processed one by one...

    when you bought a handgun or rifle you had one person right there doing yours..they have to wait for other states or info to get back from the system..
    Sorry... there's no "nice" way to say this... but that's crap. I bought a handgun on 9/16/11 and check took 30 seconds. Bought another one THIS MORNING!!!! Check took 30 seconds, again. Nothing "popped up"" and nothing will. I've been through "handgun hotline" 10 times in past 10 years, and NICS 14. NEVER a DELAY!! I get yearly background checks for my occupation... never a delay. I'm so sick & tired of this phoney-baloney background-check-delay BS that I wanna puke. I know people who get delayed EVERY TIME they buy a gun because of "common name mix-ups", but they've had their CWLs for weeks. If anyone should be "delayed" for this poor excuse it's them.

    It's been 40 days since I mailed. I've gotten govt security clearances in half that time. DOJ has messed up the order received, despite what your buddy O'Keefe has fed you. If you were honest with yourself you'd admit it. If he won't admit it, he's lying. I honestly don't know what's worse... the screw up at DOJ or the apologists.

  10. #819
    Member Array kathie63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Janesville
    Posts
    242
    When those workers at DOJ get their heads out of their a** and find our apps (from the first week), I bet we all get them around the same time!!!! MAYBE by the first of the year IF we're lucky!!!

    I can see if they pile apps on top of one another, that's fine... BUT if they were smart they should have taken a pile and flip them over so they STAYED IN ORDER! DUH Doesn't take a lot of common sense.
    Last edited by kathie63; December 10th, 2011 at 07:12 PM.

  11. #820
    Member Array kathie63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Janesville
    Posts
    242
    Quote Originally Posted by pps View Post
    CONGRATS!!

    Actually it is not disorganized, wisconsin is doing a good job on Background checks..some take longer than others, also a lot of guns are being bought and it slowed down hand gun hotline big time..however I am impressed after interviewing Mr. Okeefe, he was honest and right on track with his estimates..

    I just feel people made assumptions, including myself about how the applications were being handled..
    You can't tell me there are that many of us that our checks were cashed 11/17-11/18 that have problems with our BG checks.

  12. #821
    Member Array rfb45colt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    wisconsin northwoods
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    You can't tell me there are that many of us that our checks were cashed 11/17-11/18 that have problems with our BG checks.
    Exactly. It's a cover-up excuse for a screwed-up system. If the person in line in front of me gets delayed, and that delay also holds me up, and those behind me, then that TOO is a major screw-up in the system that should not be there. I wish the legislature would've put a fine in the law as penalty on DOJ for missing an applicants deadline. Something like refund of $50/free license, and $10 per day penalty paid to applicant for everyday over 45 it takes to issue. That'd speed up the "alleged" delays, if they thought it'd cost them money. Applications would be processed in the proper order of looming deadlines also, if every "buried batch" cost them a couple $1,000.

  13. #822
    pps
    pps is offline
    Member Array pps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cadott, WI
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    They must have had a lot of wobbly desks and used our applications under the desk leg. Or ran out of toilet paper.
    That's not right man, do we really need to listen to this "Against the Government Stuff" ??? go to Russia, seems like a more productive protest...

  14. #823
    Member Array rfb45colt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    wisconsin northwoods
    Posts
    54
    I will NOT desert the "cause" of those still waiting, I'm still there with you... but my wait is over.

    mailed: 11/1
    check cashed: 11/14
    License issued: 12/7
    License received: 12/10
    Number 21,9XX
    magic4833 and THEONLYGHOST like this.

  15. #824
    pps
    pps is offline
    Member Array pps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cadott, WI
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by rfb45colt View Post
    I will NOT desert the "cause" of those still waiting, I'm still there with you... but my wait is over.

    mailed: 11/1
    check cashed: 11/14
    License issued: 12/7
    License received: 12/10
    Number 21,9XX
    SEE they are coming...

  16. #825
    pps
    pps is offline
    Member Array pps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cadott, WI
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by rfb45colt View Post
    Exactly. It's a cover-up excuse for a screwed-up system. If the person in line in front of me gets delayed, and that delay also holds me up, and those behind me, then that TOO is a major screw-up in the system that should not be there. I wish the legislature would've put a fine in the law as penalty on DOJ for missing an applicants deadline. Something like refund of $50/free license, and $10 per day penalty paid to applicant for everyday over 45 it takes to issue. That'd speed up the "alleged" delays, if they thought it'd cost them money. Applications would be processed in the proper order of looming deadlines also, if every "buried batch" cost them a couple $1,000.
    People seem to not know a thing about the "Background Check System" it actually takes alot of time for a check, but with 80k checks what do you think?? they do not just from info from WI. it's FBI, OSI, all kinds of OG's ...

    Man how disrespectful...knowledge is power man...

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

after the wisconsin doj cashes your check when will i get my ccw permit
,

where is my ccw wi

,

where is my wisconsin ccw permit

,
wisconsin ccw permit processing time
,

wisconsin ccw permit time

,

wisconsin ccw permit turn around time

,

wisconsin ccw time

,
wisconsin ccw turnaround
,
wisconsin concealed carry
,
wisconsin concealed carry permit waiting time
,
wisconsin concealed carry wait time
,

wisconsin defensive carry forum

Click on a term to search for related topics.