Defensive Carry banner

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

461K views 4K replies 397 participants last post by  sdprof 
#1 ·
I know this is day one for submitting applications, but why not start a thread to see just how long WI takes to review, background check, and issue CCW permits. If you get ANY action, post it, and keep it going to the top. Wisconsin, boldly going where only 48 other states have gone before!

#2,931 ·
Every week WI is leaving another state in the dust in numbers of permits in force. You're just about up there to pass SD (58K+), but you'll have to issue 426K to beat us on per capita basis.

Reactions: THEONLYGHOST
#2,932 ·
#2,940 ·
No mail today MLK day. Hope lots come on Tuesday!
app 11-16-11
check cleared 11-28-11
address denial 1-9-11 (Not happy with DMV)
Reapply 1-10-11
nothing yet.
(I purchased a company truck. Put it in my name and business name with business address and DMV changed my home address to my business address thats alot DMV)

#2,944 ·
I will be filing for an investigation into my app tomorrow if not in the mailbox... I called at day 46 and they told me that my app date range would be printed this past week and if I didn't have it by Tuesday to file for the investigation. I should have just filed then I probably would have it now... I should have just waited the 10 days til Dec 1st to re apply but I like most thought it was first come first serve basis... I too am glad they are pumping out Dec apps I just wish it wasn't at the cost of Nov apps... I have gotten 5 family members to apply all have applied in mid December and all have their permits for a week or two. They have all been giving me crap about it lol.

#2,946 ·
I am Active Duty Navy, my home of record was my parents house but I own a house in Kenosha that I currently live at. The DMV had my parents address as home of record even though my license had my current address, I changed it on the website you posted the day after I sent my permit the 1st time. So you don't have change before your app is sent in, so even if they have your app you can still change before they run your background check.

#2,950 ·
I agree, make sure your address on record with DMV is up todate or matches your application address before they run the process of background checks. Mine was the same for the last 13 years. That is why I am so mad at the DMV for changing it when I purchased a business vehicle. I have been breaking the law since my truck purchase when DMV changed it. I am thankful the DOJ is so understanding and is allowing me to correct it. Hope they come soon!

#2,952 ·
I don't know the entire process, I'm hoping I don't have to, the lady told me to call back I'm assuming the same office to start it. I'll have to do some research to see if I can find out for sure. Anybody have to file for a investigation into your app here?

#2,957 ·
Sent Nov 20
Checked cleared Nov 30
Issued Jan 10
Received Friday the 13

Any suggestions for a holster
For wearing at the 3 oclock position
For a glock 19 and 26????
In the waste band holster require a good heavy duty belt few if any off the rack belts work. Best to have one made. A molded holster works best and again better to have one made right than off the rack. That a look here Email them ask question best to know before you send money. You can waste a lot of cash on holsters than do not work for you.
Custom Leather in the waistband Holsters for semi auto firearms.

#2,959 ·
I just bought an American holster invisituck I can't wait for it to get here (10-12 weeks) and I got a white hat max tuck for the time being that should be here in 2 weeks both look like really high quality.

#2,962 ·
Some Light Reading

Oklahoma women's interest in legally packing heat
OK women's interest in legally packing heat - FOX23 News

Castle Law Defines Rights During Home Invasions
Castle Law Defines Rights During Home Invasions - NW Arkansas News Story - KHBS NW Arkansas

Virginia: Victims fighting back with firearms
Victims fighting back with fire power | WAVY.com | Hampton Roads

If you consider that there has been an average of 160,000 troops in the Iraq theater of operations during the past 22 months and a total of 2112 deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000 soldiers.

The firearm death rate in Washington, DC is 80.6 per 100,000 people for the same period.

That means you are about 25% more likely to be shot and killed in the U.S. capital, which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the U.S., than you are in Iraq.

Conclusion: The U.S. should pull out of Washington!"
-- Lachesisrod

#2,963 ·
#2,973 ·
The mailman comes in the snow!

Yes!!!!!

App Nov 16 2011
Check cleared 11-28-2011
Got turned down 1-9-2012
Returned to DOJ 1-10-2012
Issued 1-12-2012
Permit Rec 1-17-2012
#53,0xx
Thank you all for your encouragements and putting up with my Cr*p. Now to the loading room as I have some brass in the tumbler!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.