Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by kathie63 You can't tell me there are that many of us that our checks were cashed 11/17-11/18 that have problems with our ...

Page 56 of 296 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

pps
    Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    You can't tell me there are that many of us that our checks were cashed 11/17-11/18 that have problems with our BG checks.
    Why Not???

yours was cashed later than alot of folks, it has nothing to do with the cash of your check..We posted the procedure for petes sake, did you not read it??

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by pps View Post
    That's not right man, do we really need to listen to this "Against the Government Stuff" ??? go to Russia, seems like a more productive protest...
    You are absolutely correct. No call for name calling. The people processing the permits are working with the system they're given. If it's screwed up, it's not their fault.

People seem to not know a thing about the "Background Check System" it actually takes alot of time for a check, but with 80k checks what do you think?? they do not just from info from WI. it's FBI, OSI, all kinds of OG's ...

Man how disrespectful...knowledge is power man...
    I know quite a bit about the background check system, and while some individuals do get delayed, that's a poor excuse for the number of people delayed here that never suffered delays before.

And you are correct, I was disrespectful, and I apologize. Just so sick & tired of the same line that I strongly believe to be "phoney" that I lost my temper. I am sorry for the disrespect.

pps
    Quote Originally Posted by rfb45colt View Post
    You are absolutely correct. No call for name calling. The people processing the permits are working with the system they're given. If it's screwed up, it's not their fault.
    thanks, it's like anarchy on the weekend.. I understand the frustration, but hey..they have to understand the systems, I talked to Brian Okeefe, I do not think he understood who he was, he's the administrator of the whole system, he did this all for us to qualm exactly what this guy is doing..

he did it for our organization Wisconsin Concealed carry Reform circa 2003, we helped with the law with Pam Galloway, we helped design it..government instituted-it..

they admitted faults and admitted they need more help..and our getting it...far as i'm concerned they did it.. and our doing it to meet the 30 day deadline now impose on people that filed.. in December..

but we do not need this, so please keep it all calm people...i know how it feels..
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

pps
    I know quite a bit about the background check system, and while some individuals do get delayed, that's a poor excuse for the number of people delayed here that never suffered delays before.

And you are correct, I was disrespectful, and I apologize. Just so sick & tired of the same line that I strongly believe to be "phoney" that I lost my temper. I am sorry for the disrespect.
    Yeh, but the Hand Gun hotline is way beyond what they use to do...that's what we all pointed out as the problem, funding for them...they need more of those people working on the HGH ...

thanks for the apology..

but that only means yours is coming in days...

pps

I actually believe, that alot of Wisconsin did not think it would pass, then all of a sudden here it is, and then I found that the very Government officials that fought now supposedly back it...lol..like the DOJ..

they thought like MN, that they would be a fight and actually the law would be repelled..

it took Mn a year to get it back even...

we are lucky...it aint happening, people now accept it..

It you were at home, no CWL is needed. Act 35 specifically legalized concealed carry without license on property you own, rent, lease, or "legally occupy" (own, rent, lease, are clear... "legally occupy" is not defined).
    That's not correct at all. We have had the right to defend ourselves on our property for a long time in Wisconsin. It was made an even stronger right last week when the Castle Doctrine bill was signed.

Sorry... there's no "nice" way to say this... but that's crap. I bought a handgun on 9/16/11 and check took 30 seconds. Bought another one THIS MORNING!!!! Check took 30 seconds, again. Nothing "popped up"" and nothing will. I've been through "handgun hotline" 10 times in past 10 years, and NICS 14. NEVER a DELAY!! I get yearly background checks for my occupation... never a delay. I'm so sick & tired of this phoney-baloney background-check-delay BS that I wanna puke. I know people who get delayed EVERY TIME they buy a gun because of "common name mix-ups", but they've had their CWLs for weeks. If anyone should be "delayed" for this poor excuse it's them.

It's been 40 days since I mailed. I've gotten govt security clearances in half that time. DOJ has messed up the order received, despite what your buddy O'Keefe has fed you. If you were honest with yourself you'd admit it. If he won't admit it, he's lying. I honestly don't know what's worse... the screw up at DOJ or the apologists.
    The issue is not the background check. They are going through. It's the process after the checks are done that has issues. The check we send in gets cashed at the time the checks are done.

Simple analysis says there is an issue with the printing and mailing of the permits. That was what I deduced, and more importantly, that was were Mr. Okeefe even said the problem was a few days after the reports here were being posted.

You need to calm down, and think clearly. The DOJ does have to address the problem at hand. There is no denying that. You, and/or others, flying off the handle does nothing to make the situation better.

It's like the idiots tearing up recall petitions. What are you accomplishing outside of committing a felony? Have we lost the basic civility this nation was built on? I haven't. Many people I know have not. More people need to cool down and be more polite at times.

Sorry... there's no "nice" way to say this... but that's crap. I bought a handgun on 9/16/11 and check took 30 seconds. Bought another one THIS MORNING!!!! Check took 30 seconds, again. Nothing "popped up"" and nothing will. I've been through "handgun hotline" 10 times in past 10 years, and NICS 14. NEVER a DELAY!! I get yearly background checks for my occupation... never a delay. I'm so sick & tired of this phoney-baloney background-check-delay BS that I wanna puke. I know people who get delayed EVERY TIME they buy a gun because of "common name mix-ups", but they've had their CWLs for weeks. If anyone should be "delayed" for this poor excuse it's them.

It's been 40 days since I mailed. I've gotten govt security clearances in half that time. DOJ has messed up the order received, despite what your buddy O'Keefe has fed you. If you were honest with yourself you'd admit it. If he won't admit it, he's lying. I honestly don't know what's worse... the screw up at DOJ or the apologists.
    I'll add more fuel to the fire, what about the rude treatment some have received when calling! and the DISINFORMATION be told us by the DOJ!, Every single time we call we get a different answer! some polite some nasty. Some of these people in the DOJ have forgotten who they work for!

Let's all just take a deep breath and relax a little, I too am waiting for my permit, but I am finding out that getting angry is not making come any faster. I'm sure that with the overwhelming influx of apps, there scratching there heads and wondering what they got themselve into. It will take awhile to work out the quirks, but they will get it done. Lets all be civilized,and not forget why we are getting our permits in the first place.

No permit, but I did get my tax bill. Woohoo. not

I actually believe, that alot of Wisconsin did not think it would pass, then all of a sudden here it is, and then I found that the very Government officials that fought now supposedly back it...lol..like the DOJ..
    they thought like MN, that they would be a fight and actually the law would be repelled..

it took Mn a year to get it back even...

we are lucky...it aint happening, people now accept it..
    What blew me away, was Lena Taylor and Robert Jauch, long-time opponants of CCW, actually voted for it, and Lena Taylor gave a pretty good "speech" in favor. I thought I got transported to the Land of Oz when I heard her speak. I've been in this fight since '02. Been to the committee hearings in person twice, '04 & '06 PPA's. (long drive from Eagle River to Madison & back). Been to meetings with then Sen. Zien, and Darren LaSorte of NRA. Long time war was finally won.

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    That's not correct at all. We have had the right to defend ourselves on our property for a long time in Wisconsin. It was made an even stronger right last week when the Castle Doctrine bill was signed.

Not what he posted about. He implied he thought he needed a CWL to carry a firearm at what I believed was his property. Before Act 35, it was technically ILLEGAL to carry concealed, even in your own home. Open carry was always legal, yes. All the Hamdan case did was give you a right to an affirmative defense in a pre-trial hearing if arrested for CC at home or business. It did not legalize it, contrary to rumor.

I was not incorrect in that it is now specifically spelled out in Act 35 that it is now legal to concealed carry in your home, on your property, etc. without a permit. He made a specific statement, I made a specific reply. Did not broaden it to open carry, defense of home, castle doctrine, etc.

QUOTE=rfb45colt;2099140]I will NOT desert the "cause" of those still waiting, I'm still there with you... but my wait is over.

mailed: 11/1
    check cashed: 11/14
    License issued: 12/7
    License received: 12/10
    Number 21,9XX[/QUOTE]

[
    I stand corrected... my mailman decided to come at 5 pm today for some reason and VOILA ... the coveted permit! It's amazing how much happier I am now
    mailed: 11/3
    check cashed: 11/15
    License issued: 12/7
    License received: 12/10
    Number 21,6XX[/QUOTE

Good Luck it seems like there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

pps
    Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    I'll add more fuel to the fire, what about the rude treatment some have received when calling! and the DISINFORMATION be told us by the DOJ!, Every single time we call we get a different answer! some polite some nasty. Some of these people in the DOJ have forgotten who they work for!
    That's probably because people keep calling, and I do not believe they have been getting Disinfo, it's always been reported to be the same here..

they are just as Mad as we are..However remember this is all new to everyone..and it surely does no good to get a riot going...

We have been tracking and people will get there's in the 45 days...unless there was a problem with their app or their records..

That's probably because people keep calling, and I do not believe they have been getting Disinfo, it's always been reported to be the same here..

they are just as Mad as we are..However remember this is all new to everyone..and it surely does no good to get a riot going...

We have been tracking and people will get there's in the 45 days...unless there was a problem with their app or their records..
    Please correct me if I'm wrong. If the application was properly executed it is than forwarded to background. At this point not before the check will be deposited into the DOJ account.

Links