Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 57

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by pps That's probably because people keep calling, and I do not believe they have been getting Disinfo, it's always been reported to ...

Page 57 of 297 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by pps View Post
    That's probably because people keep calling, and I do not believe they have been getting Disinfo, it's always been reported to be the same here..

they are just as Mad as we are..However remember this is all new to everyone..and it surely does no good to get a riot going...

We have been tracking and people will get there's in the 45 days...unless there was a problem with their app or their records..
    The people who are calling are doing so because they see postings on forums, or hear from friends, that licenses were issued to people who applied long after they did. Then they go to DOJ's own website where they read that applications will be processed in order received. So people start thinking "did mine get lost in the mail?". DOJ is perpetuating the phone calling about the misconceptions by not coming clean and putting more info on their website as Mr O'Keefe explained to you. Leaving everyone in the dark, breeds rumors, misconceptions... and riots. :)

As for meeting the deadlines, I already explained my thoughts and feelings on that in a rather long, previous post. It defies logic to not concentrate on "oldest" first when there is a deadline just days away. I've been tracking postings of licenses received. All those received in the last few days are amongst the oldest ones still left. I got mine today. Another guy near me, on another forum, got his too. We both mailed 11/1, both checks cashed 11/14. A buddy who mailed on 11/2 got his 4 days ago. It now does appear that they've begun concentrating on the oldest... finally.
    WD54241 and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rfb45colt View Post
    The people who are calling are doing so because they see postings on forums, or hear from friends, that licenses were issued to people who applied long after they did. Then they go to DOJ's own website where they read that applications will be processed in order received. So people start thinking "did mine get lost in the mail?". DOJ is perpetuating the phone calling about the misconceptions by not coming clean and putting more info on their website as Mr O'Keefe explained to you. Leaving everyone in the dark, breeds rumors, misconceptions... and riots. :)

As for meeting the deadlines, I already explained my thoughts and feelings on that in a rather long, previous post. It defies logic to not concentrate on "oldest" first when there is a deadline just days away.
    I'd like to say I'm sorry to everyone in this chat, at no time was I attempting to create problems or cause discord. I understand fully what everyone is saying but I still have a difficult time accepting that the group from 11/1 thru 11/7 have such a number of issues that would require the Lag in issuence.

That's probably because people keep calling, and I do not believe they have been getting Disinfo, it's always been reported to be the same here..

they are just as Mad as we are..However remember this is all new to everyone..and it surely does no good to get a riot going...

We have been tracking and people will get there's in the 45 days...unless there was a problem with their .app or their records..
    I have called and read the older post with different stories each time called. There is no reason for the DOJ to keep changing there story. If you want to hear the lies call yourself before you complain about people calling its there right just like applying for a permit.

Get the facts and call yourself!
    WD54241 likes this.

That's not right man, do we really need to listen to this "Against the Government Stuff" ??? go to Russia, seems like a more productive protest...
    For the record, Nothing in my post was "Against the Government stuff" If that was the case why would I bother to apply for a permit? If you have a problem with my signature thats between you and President Jefferson.

mailed nov 1
    check cashed nov 10
    nothing today!

Originally Posted by rfb45colt View Post
    I will NOT desert the "cause" of those still waiting, I'm still there with you... but my wait is over.

mailed: 11/1
    check cashed: 11/14
    License issued: 12/7
    License received: 12/10
    Number 21,9XX
    It certainly seems that many of the application mailed in the first few days somehow got "misplaced" and have recently been found.

Using my info it sure appears that way.
    Mailed: 11/09
    Checked cleared bank" 11/21
    Issue date: 12/05
    Mailed: 12/06
    Received: 12/07
    Permit # : mid 19,000

anyone that knows the rules of CCW permit holders, is "stay our of conflict" your not there to stop a burglar.. UNLESS he threatened your life, which I doubt...these are the kind of people that make me cringe carrying... CALL 911
    While what you state about staying out of conflict might be prudent in some cases I do not believe there is anything in the CCW law that prohibits such action. Correct me if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by rfb45colt View Post
    I know quite a bit about the background check system, and while some individuals do get delayed, that's a poor excuse for the number of people delayed here that never suffered delays before..
    We need to keep in mind the application process for CCW does use the same background check as for purchasing a firearm. However the process also calls for further checking since we will be allowed to also carry a weapon concealed.

So the process is not as simple as normal background check, cash applicants check, mail permit.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    While what you state about staying out of conflict might be prudent in some cases I do not believe there is anything in the CCW law that prohibits such action. Correct me if I am wrong.
    IN this case it not about the law its about ccw code of conduct an un writen rule you never draw your wepon unless you or others are in immediate danger as armed citizens we are not law enforcement. after finally getting this law passed we must be careful not to get painted as a bunch of vigilante gun nuts.

pps
    Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong. If the application was properly executed it is than forwarded to background. At this point not before the check will be deposited into the DOJ account.
    If the check is cashed the application and training are good to go..then it goes to background..

TGP
    anyone that knows the rules of CCW permit holders, is "stay our of conflict" your not there to stop a burglar.. UNLESS he threatened your life, which I doubt...these are the kind of people that make me cringe carrying... CALL 911
    Retreat in your own home? Wait till the thug confronts you hiding in the bedroom? How about tense abused spouses who after calling the police are still beaten by there husbands and some end up dead because no way to defend?

Suspect if this Happened In your home by a burglar carrying a gun and your child was in te house you might look differently at ths.

Quote Originally Posted by TGP View Post
    Retreat in your own home? Wait till the thug confronts you hiding in the bedroom? How about tense abused spouses who after calling the police are still beaten by there husbands and some end up dead because no way to defend?

Suspect if this Happened In your home by a burglar carrying a gun and your child was in te house you might look differently at ths.
    This discussion was not about a burglar inside a home. A stranger entering your home would classify as imminent danger and justify you drawing your wepon.

TGP
    Quote Originally Posted by rugerdog77 View Post
    This discussion was not about a burglar inside a home. A stranger entering your home would classify as imminent danger and justify you drawing your wepon.
    Original quote that I responded to said "you're not there to stop a burglar in your home" - what was it about then?

TGP
    Quote Originally Posted by TGP View Post
    Original quote that I responded to said "you're not there to stop a burglar in your home" - what was it about then?
    Imminent danger seems reasonable for weapon draw. Actions after that predicated on escalation of danger.

TGP
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    MN permit takes about 5 days you go to ANY sheriffs office for that. Florida i think is up to 60 days but not sure. think the entire cost for all certs and forms is about $125 for training $100 for MN CC lic and not sure about Florina CC cost but you can get that info from Handgunlaw.us
    FL costs $117 and Utah $65. Need fingerprints and training cert for both. they bth issue non-resident CCWs.

Sponsored Links