Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 58

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The person (burglar) in question was in a parking lot not a home....

Page 58 of 297 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
Results 856 to 870 of 4448
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

  1. #856
    Member Array rugerdog77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin Rapids
    Posts
    40
    The person (burglar) in question was in a parking lot not a home.


  2. #857
    pps
    pps is offline
    Member Array pps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cadott, WI
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by rugerdog77 View Post
    This discussion was not about a burglar inside a home. A stranger entering your home would classify as imminent danger and justify you drawing your wepon.
    boy you got alot to read up on..."Ok a stranger enters my home, wow I might think I'm in Danger, so I should justify drawing my weapon?? Excuse me but it could be a neighbor who knows, so call 911, never draw your weapon unless you are in deed in fear of your life, that practically means he has to shoot at me or draw upon me or come after me with some sort of weapon before I even draw my weapon..read up ...

    When i get people like this in my class, i just shriek at what they might do, luckily I teach them better than this..
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

  3. #858
    pps
    pps is offline
    Member Array pps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cadott, WI
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by rugerdog77 View Post
    The person (burglar) in question was in a parking lot not a home.
    , you made an assumption, then lucky he was buglar, but still...and what made you think you were in danger??? if they are burglarizing a car or even your car, call the cops man...not draw your weapon..

  4. #859
    pps
    pps is offline
    Member Array pps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cadott, WI
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    While what you state about staying out of conflict might be prudent in some cases I do not believe there is anything in the CCW law that prohibits such action. Correct me if I am wrong.
    they will be when you go to Court for drawing or excessive use force...I'm surprised at teh number of people that think it's a license to do so, you have to meet a certain criteria before they will consider you a victim, even in your home..you have never been in court for such a thing I bet...

    Each case has it's own thing, but staying out a conflict is A#1 if there is a such a thing get into the bedroom and call the cops, till he comes after you, then if so and ghas a gun, then that changes things..there is a such a thing called the reasonable man test..

  5. #860
    pps
    pps is offline
    Member Array pps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cadott, WI
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by rugerdog77 View Post
    IN this case it not about the law its about ccw code of conduct an un writen rule you never draw your wepon unless you or others are in immediate danger as armed citizens we are not law enforcement. after finally getting this law passed we must be careful not to get painted as a bunch of vigilante gun nuts.

    this is the right attitude, I applaud you sir!!
    kathie63 and WD54241 like this.

  6. #861
    pps
    pps is offline
    Member Array pps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cadott, WI
    Posts
    72
    [QUOTE=SFury;2099169]That's not correct at all. We have had the right to defend ourselves on our property for a long time in Wisconsin. It was made an even stronger right last week when the Castle Doctrine bill was signed.


    ONLY if in immediate DANGER! you still have to meet criteria...

  7. #862
    pps
    pps is offline
    Member Array pps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cadott, WI
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by magic4833 View Post
    I have called and read the older post with different stories each time called. There is no reason for the DOJ to keep changing there story. If you want to hear the lies call yourself before you complain about people calling its there right just like applying for a permit.

    Get the facts and call yourself!
    I did call the Head of the program if you look at teh past posts we interviewed Mr Brian Okeefe, and got all of the answers fro everyone..

    I think you made up they changed their stories everytime, you called..

    Maybe they are not authorized to answer questions, and now that you did that to them I bet they wished they never talked to you over the phone either..people like you are just runing it for everyone, and your making them hate their job for petes sake just because your selfish and you did not get yours yet..

    Remember it has not been 45 days yet for you.. your acting like you should already have it, however you do not even know the reason why yet, plus your 45 days is not up...

  8. #863
    Member Array rugerdog77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin Rapids
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by pps View Post
    , you made an assumption, then lucky he was buglar, but still...and what made you think you were in danger??? if they are burglarizing a car or even your car, call the cops man...not draw your weapon..
    Some how you got me on the other side of this discussion read my earlier post i am agreeing with you.

  9. #864
    Member Array rugerdog77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin Rapids
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by pps View Post
    boy you got alot to read up on..."Ok a stranger enters my home, wow I might think I'm in Danger, so I should justify drawing my weapon?? Excuse me but it could be a neighbor who knows, so call 911, never draw your weapon unless you are in deed in fear of your life, that practically means he has to shoot at me or draw upon me or come after me with some sort of weapon before I even draw my weapon..read up ...

    When i get people like this in my class, i just shriek at what they might do, luckily I teach them better than this..
    Well let my think on how to answer this one. If it were your neighbor than he,she wouldn't be a stranger.

  10. #865
    Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    LaCrosse Wisconsin
    Posts
    778
    [QUOTE=anyone that knows the rules of CCW permit holders, is "stay our of conflict" your not there to stop a burglar.. UNLESS he threatened your life, which I doubt...these are the kind of people that make me cringe carrying... CALL 911[/QUOTE]

    My wife home alone with her first born baby shot man climbing thru the window of the apartment with a 375 Mag. She was aiming for a spot between his legs bit ended up removing his knee. He was unarmed but on parole for multiple rapes, assault, burglary, etc. If she would not have had a gun and used it it would have gone very bad. She called 911 first warned the man 2nd and shot 3rd. Police showed up about 30 min later. In your case by your reasoning they would have been cleaning up the leftovers from you and your child instead of the body parts from the BG. So even tho I understand your position we choose our lives over that of the BG that wish to do us harm. Your position will probably get you to heaven but it could get you there much sooner than you would like.
    WD54241 likes this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

  11. #866
    LC9
    LC9 is offline
    Member Array LC9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    My wife home alone with her first born baby shot man climbing thru the window of the apartment with a 375 Mag. She was aiming for a spot between his legs bit ended up removing his knee. He was unarmed but on parole for multiple rapes, assault, burglary, etc. If she would not have had a gun and used it it would have gone very bad. She called 911 first warned the man 2nd and shot 3rd. Police showed up about 30 min later. In your case by your reasoning they would have been cleaning up the leftovers from you and your child instead of the body parts from the BG. So even tho I understand your position we choose our lives over that of the BG that wish to do us harm. Your position will probably get you to heaven but it could get you there much sooner than you would like.
    I'm glad your wife is OK and agree with how she handled it, but I have a question.

    My question is, how could she possible call 911, warn the man, and then shoot him while he is in the process of climbing in a window?

  12. #867
    Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    LaCrosse Wisconsin
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by LC9 View Post
    I'm glad your wife is OK and agree with how she handled it, but I have a question.

    My question is, how could she possible call 911, warn the man, and then shoot him while he is in the process of climbing in a window?
    That was here story and she's sticking to it. It happened in California and they weren't to happy with her to begin with. GO FIGURE. Cops were pretty OK about it but the LA District Attorney Wanted to make something of it. The gun was unregistered so that pissed him off as well. All ended well tho as public opinion was definitely on her side.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

  13. #868
    TGP
    TGP is offline
    Member Array TGP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Norwalk, Wisconsin
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by pps View Post
    boy you got alot to read up on..."Ok a stranger enters my home, wow I might think I'm in Danger, so I should justify drawing my weapon?? Excuse me but it could be a neighbor who knows, so call 911, never draw your weapon unless you are in deed in fear of your life, that practically means he has to shoot at me or draw upon me or come after me with some sort of weapon before I even draw my weapon..read up ...

    When i get people like this in my class, i just shriek at what they might do, luckily I teach them better than this..
    This assumes some degree of common sense. If you are not able to discern you are in danger then you're on your own and no law is going to help you. Most people have the wits abut them to know when they're in danger. If you are in danger, then shoot, the new Castle Doctrine law prevents you fom bring second-guessed after the fact and eliminates the possibility of the thug from after suing you for damages as as happened in other states without a Castle Doctrine law. Speaking as one who has been a federal LE officer for 30 years.

  14. #869
    TGP
    TGP is offline
    Member Array TGP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Norwalk, Wisconsin
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by pps View Post
    boy you got alot to read up on..."Ok a stranger enters my home, wow I might think I'm in Danger, so I should justify drawing my weapon?? Excuse me but it could be a neighbor who knows, so call 911, never draw your weapon unless you are in deed in fear of your life, that practically means he has to shoot at me or draw upon me or come after me with some sort of weapon before I even draw my weapon..read up ...

    When i get people like this in my class, i just shriek at what they might do, luckily I teach them better than this..
    Hopefully you don't also teach them English grammar and spelling!

  15. #870
    TGP
    TGP is offline
    Member Array TGP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Norwalk, Wisconsin
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by pps View Post
    they will be when you go to Court for drawing or excessive use force...I'm surprised at teh number of people that think it's a license to do so, you have to meet a certain criteria before they will consider you a victim, even in your home..you have never been in court for such a thing I bet...

    Each case has it's own thing, but staying out a conflict is A#1 if there is a such a thing get into the bedroom and call the cops, till he comes after you, then if so and ghas a gun, then that changes things..there is a such a thing called the reasonable man test..
    My gosh - what do you teach!?! You have some sound principles all messed up with poor logic and common sense. Are you really suggesting that you and your family would go hide in a closeT with a cell phone and a handgun and wait for the thug to open the door before you use deadly force? You are the one that scares me! Suggest you go to remedial basic handgun training before you apply for a CCW.
    Maverickx50 likes this.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

after the wisconsin doj cashes your check when will i get my ccw permit
,

where is my ccw wi

,

where is my wisconsin ccw permit

,
wisconsin ccw permit processing time
,

wisconsin ccw permit time

,

wisconsin ccw permit turn around time

,

wisconsin ccw time

,
wisconsin ccw turnaround
,
wisconsin concealed carry
,
wisconsin concealed carry permit waiting time
,
wisconsin concealed carry wait time
,

wisconsin defensive carry forum

Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors