Defensive Carry banner

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

461K views 4K replies 397 participants last post by  sdprof 
#1 ·
I know this is day one for submitting applications, but why not start a thread to see just how long WI takes to review, background check, and issue CCW permits. If you get ANY action, post it, and keep it going to the top. Wisconsin, boldly going where only 48 other states have gone before!

#3,051 ·
congratulations to everyone who got there license and can anyone tell me why are we trying to get at least 200,000 before Nov. 2012:confused:
The more permits that are issued will, hopefully, make it all that harder to repeal/water down the gun laws in Wisconsin. Heck, 2 million should do it. :wink:

#3,043 ·
Now I have a question about carrying:
The letter I received with my permit says that "To lawfully carry a concealed weapon, you must have with you this license and your photographic Wisconsin drivers license or identification card."
My DL is up for renewal, and Wisconsins new policy is to issue a paper receipt while the DL is printed in California. It can take up to 10 days to receive the DL in the mail.
Does this mean I'm not legal while I'm waiting on my new DL?

#3,052 ·
#3,048 ·
WOW I am seeing lots of new permits going out :smile: so be safe and enjoy your long awaited right. lots of practice at the range is the best thing you can do but please always remember the 4 rules of gun safety at all times (1) Treat every firearm as if it is loaded, (2) Always point the muzzle in a safe direction, (3) Be certain of your target and what’s beyond it, (4) Keep your finger outside the trigger guard until ready to shoot. As I am sure everyone is already well aware of them it is one of those things that cant hurt to see a reminder from time to time.

#3,055 ·
Former serviceman Eddie Winters was at home in Columbus, Ga. when a burglar shattered a window trying to get into his home at around 2 a.m. Winters retrieved a 9mm pistol, followed the noise, and shot the criminal once in the groin, ending the attempted burglary.

Ledger-Enquirer.com | 01/17/2012 | Update: Columbus police say homeowner's shooting alleged intruder likely justified

Ledger-Enquirer.com | 01/18/2012 | Columbus homeowner who shot would-be burglar likely to face no charges

Ledger-Enquirer.com | 01/18/2012 | Police: Self-defense shooting thwarts burglary, appears legal

Reactions: THEONLYGHOST
#3,056 ·
My friend has not received his! Sent in about a week after mine (He mailed around November25th) Looks the the very late Nov ones are still coming. They are really behind on those. I will call him today and ask him what day the check cleared and give you an update. For his id protection I will call him Fred!

I hope Fred gets his permit today and I hope the number is over 70k

#3,069 ·
I know a couple guys who don't own guns and are considering. ( I hate to admit that ) the hang up seems to be the classes, they question if they belong in the class. I told them YES they do and should. I also have been trying to get them out to the range with me or to purchase a firearm. So far I got one teacher friend of mine to purchase a Kimber 45. he loves it and his lefty wife hates it. He doesn't have access to his balls so I can't get him to get a ccw. But I taught him how to shoot and all of the other proper things one must do with ownership. He will come around some time and I am proud of him.

#3,076 ·
#3,077 ·
Just read another thread a guy in Oshkosh with a permit got locked up last night for pulling his gun and pointed at a person who was drunk and fell against the permit holders car. So it has begun, The Anti Gun groups are going to eat this up! I hope the guy enjoyed his permit, cause he can kiss it goodbye. And rightfully so...

#3,078 ·
Just what we need from this knucklehead. You can just hear all the lefty anti-gunners out there, "see, see, we told you so." The media will do all they can to report stories like this to cast all of us in a bad light but the time there is someone is who saved from harm by a CCW permit holder, it will be ignored by the same media because it will not fit into their agenda.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.