Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 6

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Maverickx50 I sent a copy of my Drivers Lic along with my paperwork just because I trust the DOT even less than ...

Page 6 of 297 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    I sent a copy of my Drivers Lic along with my paperwork just because I trust the DOT even less than the DOJ
    I did send a copy of my DL as well, but from the DOJ stand point just because its on the license doesnt mean that is where you actually live. As this was in my case. On my DL it has my old address, and i also copied my vehicle title as proof of residence. I also went on the DOT website and changed my address, on one of their links just to be sure. But this seems to late for him. Thanks for the info tho.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    I just moved from Minnesota to Wisconsin in April 2011. First I re-titled my car and plates at my new address. Had to be here 3 months before I could get a new DL. When I went back to get my DL they couldn't find my Name/and plates in the DOT system. Seems they added just one letter to my first name and it screwed up their entire search system. That being corrected (I hope) I got my new DL in June. But who knows DOT is just one more civil service operation with little hope of ever finding any significant strain of competence.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Just a guess on my part but betting permit #'s 1 thru 100 all went to DOJ employees. Go figure somethings never change.
    Nope. there is a thread on OpenCarry.org similar to this one. There are "regular" folks there that started receiving them on Day 2 and they are in the Teens...and it works up from there.

Mailed mine and my wifes in same envolope on the 2nd, both checks cleared 15th, will be watching the mail box.

My check cleared today, but nothing in the mail yet.

I'm in double misery. I went straight from mailing my application on the 1st to my local shop and ordered my carry gun. Neither one has landed yet. Didn't think to send the app via registered so I could track it and I went with a money order that I also can't track (without paying a fee). Sort of hosed myself, methinks.

I mailed mine and my wife's application on the first from Western WI in separate envelopes, both checks cashed on 11-14. Nothing in the mail yet.

The Eagle Has Landed!!
    Well, as a followup to last evenings story, I came home after another long day, walked in the house, walked back out of the house to the mailbox, searched the box, only to disappointed to see it was empty. Trudging back up the driveway (did I mention it is UPHILL, both ways?), went inside to see my wife, her aunt, sister and her sister's boyfriend sitting down to a nice meal, which my wife knows I do not care for (the meal, not the people). Well anyway, I look around, and there GLOWING in the corner hutch by the phone sits an envelope from the Wisconsin DOJ . My wife knew I was waiting for this, and said she was going to hide it, at which point I threw out all the guests.....No wait, I just opened the envelope, and laid my eyes on that treasure known as a Concealed Carry License, #56XX. So, 15 days after dropping it in the mail Registered, and 9 days after the check cleared, the Eagle Landed. Good luck to all my compatriots in Freedom. Bob

Nothing here yet for me or my wife. I did pick up some ammo and a belt today though, so I'm all set for when it comes.
    Of course it'll probably come on a day I have to pull a 12 hr shift.

Mailed November 2 and check cleared Two days ago. No permit yet. Hopefully soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well lets see now. I sent in my app first thing in the morning 11/1/2011. FINALLY, check hit my bank this morning. Now I'll watch the mail with a bit more anticipation.
    my previous entry. Still nothing in the mail sighhhhhhhhhh
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    This system stinks!!!!! If not issued within 45 days can you guys carry by default? We have that here in Virginia.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    This system stinks!!!!! If not issued within 45 days can you guys carry by default? We have that here in Virginia.
    Had that in Minnesota but totally unenforceable from the CCW's side. No permit you WILL go to jail. You may get off after significant expense but will have to prove much and pray your permit is actually issued. Better to wait. In Wisconsin were operating under temporary emergency rules yet. Some details yet to be determined.

Quote Originally Posted by x_Twitch_x View Post
    Mailed my app on Nov. 2nd. Check cleared on Nov. 14th. Waiting on the mail box to receive the goods. Will keep you updated. Good luck to everyone.
    Previous post being updated... woke up at 10:30 waited till 11:30 thought I heard the mail man go by went out and checked nothing.... 15 min go by.. Now the mail comes run out and check. It's here!! 11/17. Was worth the wait!
    Permit #58**. Good luck all!

my previous entry. Still nothing in the mail sighhhhhhhhhh
    Maverickx, still sitting in the same boat. Im just about to give up it will get here when it does. It was like me as a child, having an Oct. birthday, if i didnt get what i wanted then i always knew christmas was 2 months away.... :'(
    vista461 likes this.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Page 6 of 297 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links