Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 60

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Crowman We need to keep in mind the application process for CCW does use the same background check as for purchasing a ...

Page 60 of 297 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    We need to keep in mind the application process for CCW does use the same background check as for purchasing a firearm. However the process also calls for further checking since we will be allowed to also carry a weapon concealed.

So the process is not as simple as normal background check, cash applicants check, mail permit.
    So that changes what? Licenses are being issued, everyone goes through the same check. If nothing shows up in NICS or CIB, why would anything show up in anything more "intensive" if there's nothing there. For a few, yes it may. But NOT for so many... and if an individual's check gets a "hit", that's no reason to hold up those behind. Still not buying it... doubt I ever will. Just an excuse.
    WD54241 likes this.

Good morning friends, It's slippery out there use caution coming to a intersection.. Coffee brewing "go go juice", have the sports section of the paper. Figure I'd wait for the mail to arrive. Day 36.
    magic4833 likes this.

Anyone know how many permits have now been issued? It's got to be in the 20,000 serial number range by now!
    magic4833 likes this.

We should be seeing permits this week approaching 21K
    magic4833 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AIRWAR View Post
    Anyone know how many permits have now been issued? It's got to be in the 20,000 serial number range by now!
    I got mine Saturday, applied on 11/03, check cashed 11/15 issued 12/07 ....#12,6XX
    THEONLYGHOST and magic4833 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by walthrfan View Post
    I got mine Saturday, applied on 11/03, check cashed 11/15 issued 12/07 ....#12,6XX
    Very happy for you!!! I did notice that your permit number is much lower than whats been seen here of late. I wonder if they assign a number when you enter the back ground check?? I'm curious.
    magic4833 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    Very happy for you!!! I did notice that your permit number is much lower than whats been seen here of late. I wonder if they assign a number when you enter the back ground check?? I'm curious.
    That's what I thought his number is considerably lower than another arriving Saturday that one I believe was 20,9XX.
    WD54241 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Guys this is unrelated to turn around times but if you are from Wisconsin please visit this threat and make your voice heard to a politician that is trying to take away your rights to carry at any gas station statewide.

Bill would ban guns from Wisconsin gas stations
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

TGP
    We should be seeing permits this week approaching 21K
    Other forum posts reference permit numbers of 21,900 received on 12/10/11.
    magic4833 likes this.

TGP
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    Guys this is unrelated to turn around times but if you are from Wisconsin please visit this threat and make your voice heard to a politician that is trying to take away your rights to carry at any gas station statewide.

Why gas stations? What's the logic?

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post

It proves that this guy has not a clue and is not in touch! poor guy and a mental disorder! GEE WHIZ lets pass a law preventing the citizens from there basic right to self defense. I'm sure the crack heads will comply if it is passed. I'd like to see this guy's documentation that law biding citizens are the ones who killed the service station workers! He should stick to the real issues.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    It proves that this guy has not a clue and is not in touch! poor guy and a mental disorder! GEE WHIZ lets pass a law preventing the citizens from there basic right to self defense. I'm sure the crack heads will comply if it is passed. I'd like to see this guy's documentation that law biding citizens are the ones who killed the service station workers! He should stick to the real issues.
    Lets keep this thread here on topic, I just wanted to put a link in a thread where a lot of you Wisconsin folk would see it. Let's take the discussion over to the thread about the bill he is trying to pass!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    That's what I thought his number is considerably lower than another arriving Saturday that one I believe was 20,9XX.
    Provided the information we are supplied is correct which I believe it is, than the Doj might be assigning permit numbers when entering the BG check. I assume that if the applicant fails the number gets recycled. I'm curious, nothing else to do while waiting.

TGP
    Quote Originally Posted by magic4833 View Post
    Please get back to topic at hand or move to new forum for this discussion.
    Play nice! It's all gun related and an interesting and informative read. Skip past if you're no interested. Most of us are, I'd speculate.

I agree it's funnier than ****. But at that moment when I saw that it was not my friend I really said to myself this guy is 15 feet from me I'm under the blankets I'm screwed! Thank god all I had to do was reach under the bed. If that was a real bad guy I doubt I'd have time to reach the 12 ga. It's something you commit to memory..

Needless to say I am very glad that you are ok and that aside from your neighbor probably never making that mistake again, I am glad that everything worked out for the best.
    WD54241 likes this.

Sponsored Links