Defensive Carry banner

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

461K views 4K replies 397 participants last post by  sdprof 
#1 ·
I know this is day one for submitting applications, but why not start a thread to see just how long WI takes to review, background check, and issue CCW permits. If you get ANY action, post it, and keep it going to the top. Wisconsin, boldly going where only 48 other states have gone before!

#3,307 ·
Hi all, I have been lurking since page 7 or 8 and am finally getting off my tuchis to post.

mailed 11/22/2011
recieved at DOJ 11/25/2011
cleared ?? sent money order
printed/issued 1/16/2012
mailed 1/17/2012
in my hands 1/20/2012 day 56
permit # 538xx

56 days? Not bad at all, I've only been waiting 38 years for the opportunity to apply. I hope we all carry in good health.

#3,308 ·
For Those In The Milwaukee Area

There is a relatively new gun store in the Milwaukee area (West Allis), Shorty's Shooting Sports
They have some deals on concealed carry weapons
Firearms Safety Classes for Concealed Carry Permit Purposes Available
It is located at 2192 South 60th Street

For map/directions to Shorty's: Shorty's Shooting Sports

#3,309 ·
#3,314 ·
Ok as speaking from experience, with a permit that was lost on be half of a screw up with the DoJ. If you are from nov. And of course are past 45 days call them. Let them know. Past 21 days do the same. You never know. With in a phone call, on dec. 30, i had my replacement permit on jan3 as they lost my first one due to a screw up with my address.

#3,317 ·
I'm helping however I can to get the #'s up. A bunch of people I work with have been bombarding me with ?'s on how to get a permit and how the general laws work. So far there are 5 more people in the process of getting their training and paperwork in order. After all there's power in #'s.

#55???

#3,318 ·
I've talked to a few very close friends suggesting they apply for a permit, I do not like revealing that I have one. One simple basic truth is people talk, which may at some point might cause a problem for me. "Highly unlikely" but an increase none the less. I have one friend who wants his for the sole reason of it's a right. The vast majority have had propaganda for 30 + years pumped into there heads from grade school and up and still today the anti gun message is loud an very clear. The DOJ looks to be peaking and there is a countinued steady pace of applications being issued. The biggest issue is the political mindset in Madison. They won't try and repeal the law, they want your vote! What the left will do is burn the candle on both ends! they will slowly over time add provisions restricting your rights. The upcoming recall election and future elections will require each person who values their rights to research and learn the "TRUE" positions there canidate holds and stop voting on party affiliations! or who your union backs!

#3,320 ·
Yes I'm telling them to go to the DOJ site to answer any of the more complicated questions,I'm not in anyway a lawyer by any means. Just telling them what states are giving reciprocity and stuff like that. I definitely don't want to be the one to give out bad unintentional advice.

#3,327 ·
Gotta love the WAVE chic they interviewed. "Anytime you introduce more firearms into a locality, you're actually increasing the likelihood that shots will be fired." With that logic we should never hire another LEO anywhere in this country. I really believe these antis think that even a gun in the hands of a decent human being is just as bad as a gun in the hands of a thug criminal. They are unable to make the distinction. Only logic will tell that the vast majority of gun crime is committed with illegally obtained weapons by people who are not allowed to possess them. So Ms. Bonavia, don't lump us good citizens who own firearms in with those bad guys just to give you all these anti-gun warm fuzzies you have inside you.

#3,322 ·
I'd say the news report went rather well for the most part. Answers questions on this page about numbers etc. Of course they had to put the anti gun lady's position on the air but they countered it with the statement that it's the person without a permit that you have to worry about. They could have also stated that the Aldis store while posted was not in the proper location. I really liked they stated that no county has reported any violations to date! Yeah!!

#3,323 ·
I called the DOJ yesterday, they were super helpful! I scanned and emailed them (new app, copies of the two cashed checks and my hunters safety card) yesterday and it was processed through, I should have a permit within 2 weeks, but i'm keeping my fingers crossed for the end of this week! Thanks everyone for your help!

#3,324 ·
I mailed them my check and application one week ago (1/31). The check still has not been cashed. I sure hope I get this soon! It seems like people are getting their checks cashed within just a few days of mailing on here.

#3,325 ·
Adbro
I don't think it matters so much any more about the check cashed date. I believe the checks go into one bin and the apps into another. They cash the check even if you are turned down. I hope you made copies of your application and sent it priority mail with delivery confirmation. Then you can see what date the post man put it into the PO box in Madison. I am sure you will get it very soon. Take if from an over 50 day waiter. Now I never leave home with out it. Please make sure to post your time frame info once you get your permit. You can omit the the last couple numbers on the license. there are lots of people watching the permits numbers right now. Also from Waukesha it was 3 days each way in the mail.

#3,329 ·
Well, I just sent it via normal mail. I look on my bank online to see if the check has been cashed or not--I assume before sending my CCW out, they will need to cash the check to make sure it's valid. A week seems like a long time for that to me.

#3,330 ·
#3,333 ·
#3,335 ·
3 day's estimated time for mail to arrive. Once application checked for errors and verified than check will be deposited. If you did not make any mistakes your check should be posted in a couple of days. If you made a mistake they will return it via mail. Welcome to the hard wait!! I triple checked mine prior to mailing in Nov, and mine took 14 days to post! than on day 45 it arrived. Your application probably had to wait the weekend.

#3,340 ·
I have heard the DOJ is also dealing with 10,000 gun purchases per month. The huge pent up demand is what is causing the delays. Hang in there everyone. And don't allow the antis to reverse our victory.

#3,344 ·
Since when does mail take 4 days? I've sent mail to Florida that took 2 days. This is only an hour away between the state's two biggest cities.

#3,347 ·
US Attorney Gen. Holder tells Congress the Obama administration wants to ban guns

Holder let Congress know that the Obama administration is still working toward the day when it can reinstate former President Bill Clinton’s so-called “assault weapons” ban. According to Holder:
This administration has consistently favored the reinstitution of the assault weapons ban. It is something that we think was useful in the past with regard to the reduction that we’ve seen in crime, and certainly would have a positive impact on our relationship and the crime situation in Mexico.

While Mexico certainly has a problem with crime. I have to ask why the US needs to make laws for the benefit of Mexico (there crime) at the expense of its citizens rights under the constitution.

Read more: Holder tells Congress the Obama administration wants to ban guns | The Daily Caller

#3,350 · (Edited)
Holder let Congress know that the Obama administration is still working toward the day when it can reinstate former President Bill Clinton’s so-called “assault weapons” ban. According to Holder:
This administration has consistently favored the reinstitution of the assault weapons ban. It is something that we think was useful in the past with regard to the reduction that we’ve seen in crime, and certainly would have a positive impact on our relationship and the crime situation in Mexico.

While Mexico certainly has a problem with crime. I have to ask why the US needs to make laws for the benefit of Mexico (there crime) at the expense of its citizens rights under the constitution.

Read more: Holder tells Congress the Obama administration wants to ban guns | The Daily Caller
Oh I have plenty to say on this! and believe me NONE of it is nice! After thinking I have decided to just make one statement. It's to early to get the blood pressure going, and saying something that may get me booted off the site! or worse a visit from the secret service and Obama's goon squad!! What's next Re-education Camps?

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 Abolished -- January 2013 (OBAMA'S 2nd term)

If that's what you want than stay at home in November! As for me all this hope and change crap has got to go!

#3,349 ·
I haven't responded lately but have been reading this thread, it appears that permits a moving along better now than a month or so ago. Congrats to everyone who has received a permit and to those whom are still waiting, be patience and it will happen. It is worth the wait.

Mailed Nov 2
checked cashed Nov 17
Permit recieved Dec 17

I never leave home without my weapon.

Practice Practice Pratice Practice

Be safe:smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.