Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; thanks for the humor! doesn't get my permit any faster but i did laugh!...

Page 65 of 297 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

thanks for the humor! doesn't get my permit any faster but i did laugh!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by david2024 View Post
    my bad but isn't this forum about how long it is taking to get our cc permits back. i just hear alot of crying about recalling walker!

Did anyone get their permit today? i mailed mine on nov 1 at 5:30 in the morning from green bay post office. check was cashed on the tenth. U guessed it, NOTHING!

How about we talk about our fustrations on the issue. I want to protect myself and my family. Does anyone have anything to say either positive or negitive? I really

enjoy some humor, it kinda makes me not so upset with this whole crappy situation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm guessing the waiting has got alot of us down simply not knowing. I've been bouncing from one site to another and yes the first few days of the process did in fact get screwed up. DOJ wont admit to it but people calling down there spoke with several people. First in first out as outlined on page one of the application is where it went wrong, We Think they dumped several days perhaps a week of applications on top of us.. Good news I saw more posts today of people from our dates getting there permits. Hope you get yours soon.
    THEONLYGHOST and magic4833 like this.

Applied: 11-01
    Check Cashed: 11-10
    NOTHING

My friend laughed at me cause I was so excited to send off my application as soon as the post office opened. He wasn't sure he was going to apply at that time and about a week later decided to apply and he recieved his permit a few weeks ago while I'm still waiting. Very discouraging to say the least.
    magic4833 likes this.

Buddhist Packing Blond Pistol Shows American Embrace of Guns

Robin Natanel picks up a compact black pistol, barrel pointed down range. Gripping the gun with both hands, left foot forward, she raises the semi-automatic and methodically squeezes off five shots. The first one creases the left edge of a red bullís-eye on a target 25 feet away. The four others paint a three-inch pattern around the first. If the target were a personís head or heart, heíd probably be dead. ......... Read more at:
    Buddhist Packing Bond Pistol Shows American Embrace of Guns - Bloomberg

I am wondering if anyone has any game plan after the 45 days are up?
    magic4833 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by farmermom View Post
    I am wondering if anyone has any game plan after the 45 days are up?
    Wait some more???
    magic4833 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vista461 View Post
    Wait some more???
    I am guessing you are right!
    magic4833 likes this.

I sent in for the permit on 11/4, and my "gameplan" is to wait as patiently as my excitment will allow me, untill I reach the 45 day mark, call and let the DOJ know that I have not recieved my permit or denial, if I do not recieve a sensable response over the phone I will inform them that my obligations have been fullfilled and that the moment I hang up this phone I will begin carrying concealed without a permit or they are at this point recklessly endangering my life by not affording me the same rites they have afforded my peers in a timly manner, do my rights somehow differ from other wisconsin residents? at this point I believe I should be alloted protection (police or military) , and then I have fulfilled my end of the bargan and will begin carrying concealed regardless of the permit. So basicly, after 45 days, I will become the biggest pain in the DOJ's *** they could ever imagine. I pay my taxes, I follow the rules, I have no trouble passing background checks, I know how to safely and efficiently use a firearm, and I am a hardworking member of our society. I do not believe under these circumstances a jurry of my peers would convict me and I am willing to take that gamble. Now I think I understand how the legal imigrants feel waiting their turn as the illeagals pour across the border (not exactly the same thing but gives some insight into what it feels like to be "run around", Even though, in this case the people getting permits ahead of me broke no laws and are not at any fault, it still sucks, im slill waiting). Live free my friends.

Hang in there folks ... you will get yours eventually and then you have to decide IF you will carry occasionally, every day, or never. There is a lot of forum talk about it being your "duty" (as a CCW holder) to arm yourself everyday where the law allows it. I for one subscribe to that and have looked into a safe for the car (I can't have it at work...employer posted signs), and a better holster system. Good luck to all.

Top of the Mornin to everyone, Fresh pot of coffee brewing it's a damp dreary looking out side. Not complaining, I'll take this temperature rear round.
    Day 37 and still zip, nada, nothing. I've offically given up looking forward to getting this permit! I'm now counting the days before I send the DOJ copies of my check both front and back along with a professional letter demanding that they investigate my case because they are in violation of state law. I will also request a letter of explanation as to why they could not process my application within there time frame. " I know, I know that doing so is much like ******* in the wind, I will get wet and end up smelling" but it will make me feel better. They have several more days to make me happy, happy.
    THEONLYGHOST and magic4833 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by walthrfan View Post
    Hang in there folks ... you will get yours eventually and then you have to decide IF you will carry occasionally, every day, or never. There is a lot of forum talk about it being your "duty" (as a CCW holder) to arm yourself everyday where the law allows it. I for one subscribe to that and have looked into a safe for the car (I can't have it at work...employer posted signs), and a better holster system. Good luck to all.
    You know when I read postings where the employer will not honor your rights and post signs they are sticking their necks out on the chopping block. The odds say that probability of someon using deadly force is minimal in the work place god help the employer if it did happen! You with a good attorney will own that business.

Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    Nobodys getting permits so nothing else to talk about.... lol. But i really have a serious question. Could this law be repealed? If so what happens to existing permit holders? Has that ever happend in the us? I would like a serious answer to this question and speculation is ok but please have somthing to back it up. I really dont think they could just take it away from us but i really dont know. Please chime in if you have any input on this.
    I really don't know the answer to that question! I'll take a shot at it anyway. If some limp wrist gets into office and starts a repeal and wins, I would venture that no new applicants will be honored and they would have to grandfather the ones already issued.
    magic4833 likes this.

Communication

As we approach the 45 days for the 11/1 folks, may I suggest to leadership here, that we query Mr O Keefe again on the following:

As of 12/15 how many apps revd?, how many issued?

When will they be caught up? (assumes there is no way the 45 days can now be honored)

What plans do they have to get caught up? What is the remedy for those of us who will go beyond 45 days?

cl(day 39)

"Nothing is a substitute for truthful communication.."

Not necessarily unlikely, I am a railroad conductor, my employer does not allow firearms at work, no signes but it is written in the rule book, ever block every crossing in a town with a broke down train over a mile long and have to walk your train and "attemp" to fix it so you can get people on their way to work again. I have had to do it it many times in my 18 years of service and it becoms more and more dangerious as people become later and later for work. I cant blame them for being pissed, I would be too. Rule book dosnt say anything about "grenaids" for croud controll though? And anyway, this is day 39 of the wait, but whos counting?
    WD54241 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by califr View Post
    As we approach the 45 days for the 11/1 folks, may I suggest to leadership here, that we query Mr O Keefe again on the following:

As of 12/15 how many apps revd?, how many issued?

When will they be caught up? (assumes there is no way the 45 days can now be honored)

What plans do they have to get caught up? What is the remedy for those of us who will go beyond 45 days?

cl(day 39)

"Nothing is a substitute for truthful communication.."
    I gave up holding my breath, ruptured to many blood vessels. I suppose send a formal request to the DOJ, hope to get a response by retirement. I will be contacting my represenitives as well.
    Jpeetz and magic4833 like this.

Links