Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 7

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jerp Maverickx, still sitting in the same boat. Im just about to give up it will get here when it does. It ...

Page 7 of 297 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    Maverickx, still sitting in the same boat. Im just about to give up it will get here when it does. It was like me as a child, having an Oct. birthday, if i didnt get what i wanted then i always knew christmas was 2 months away.... :'(
    Same here, Oct birthday and all.
    At first I was just hoping to have it by xmas, then everyone started gettting them and my patience went out the window. LOL

My check just cleared. My wife and I sent ours in on the first in separate envelopes. Her check cleared on Monday but we have not seen the permit yet. I was just starting to relax and stop chasing the mailman down the street like a dog to get my mail. Guess I will be back after him again tomorrow.
    jerp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledown View Post
    My check just cleared. My wife and I sent ours in on the first in separate envelopes. Her check cleared on Monday but we have not seen the permit yet. I was just starting to relax and stop chasing the mailman down the street like a dog to get my mail. Guess I will be back after him again tomorrow.
    Stiiiiiiiilllll waiting. Have about given up on the excitement of it and face the fact that they still have a month to mail mine. Sent it from the DePere Post Office at 8:45 am on Nov 1st. Hoping every day that I open the mailbox that it is there is starting to get kinda old. It's really aggrevating when people who mailed their apps in later than me are posting that they have received their permits. Ho hum. Wait, wait, wait. Wooferdog- any news on your's as you mailed from Green Bay on the same date?

Another update mine sent ir on Nov. 3 check cleared on the 15, still waiting..
    . Nothing but junk mail lately.... So upest im go take a cold shower..... :'(
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Mailed mine out on the 2nd . Got my letter saying I was denied . The D M V some how has my drivers licence at my ex wifes address . I have never lived there , she bought it two years after our divorce. I have lived at my house here for five years , says so on my licence . Now I have to go to D M V to see what went wrong . I also have to appeal the denial . Way to go D M V . Does anyone have a clue how to proceed ?
    Or

Quote Originally Posted by Buckman60 View Post
    Mailed mine out on the 2nd . Got my letter saying I was denied . The D M V some how has my drivers licence at my ex wifes address . I have never lived there , she bought it two years after our divorce. I have lived at my house here for five years , says so on my licence . Now I have to go to D M V to see what went wrong . I also have to appeal the denial . Way to go D M V . Does anyone have a clue how to proceed ?
    Or
    I actually posted a link about this, happened to a guy i know. almost exactly 100% same story they even gave him a website to change his address on, turned out to be a faulty link......
    While he was in madison trying to figure out how to appeal it (he was the first in the state to have to appeal) someone called in with realitively the same issue. i know when i had to change my address, i went to the Wisconsin DOT website and changed it there. I believe the link to change your address with the DOT is also on the Wi DoJ website somewhere near the CC application...... good luck
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Quote Originally Posted by drwindmill View Post
    I mailed mine and my wife's application on the first from Western WI in separate envelopes, both checks cashed on 11-14. Nothing in the mail yet.
    Got mine on 11-17 #51xx, however nothing yet for my wife.

We have a similar thread going over on the Wisconsin Shooters forum.

LINK
    :: View topic - Official CCW License time to receive back

I mailed mine Priority Mail on the 1st still waiting to see something. I wish I could have driven down and dropped it off.

Mailed 11/01/11 from Green Bay PO
    Check cleared 11/14/11
    No permit as of today's mail.
    Only consolation is that I'm at Deer Camp.
    "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."

Our checks when through today. Getting closer.....

Quote Originally Posted by vista461 View Post
    Our checks when through today. Getting closer.....
    From my understading, from reading other forums and stats, about the turn around time from when the check was cashed, average has been 3 business days.... However, that is the average, other things do affect time, for example my post offices seems to hold things 1-2days before i get them. Found that one out last night when checking my mail for my permit, and i got some junk mail.....

And speaking of my post office holding things, today was day three after the check cleared and no permit, expecting either tomorrow but probable guess is sometime early next week.....
    Last edited by jerp; November 18th, 2011 at 08:48 PM. Reason: adding information

yeah same boat for me check cashed on the 15th as of today nothing yet in the mail.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    I get the feeling they are mailing out the cards in large batches and not day to day as they are printed.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Sent husband's app on Nov 2, his check cleared on 14th and he received his permit on the 17th #64xx. My check cleared today!

I took my training on the 3rd and sent in my app on the 4th, check cleared on the 18th.

It took 2 more days for my check to clear than his.
    Last edited by kathie63; November 19th, 2011 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    Sent husband's app on Nov 2, his check cleared on 14th and he received his permit on the 17th #64xx. My check cleared today!
    well maverick, it was a good thought and i did agree with you but apparently ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ we were wrong

although this does add proof to my 3 day statement.....

Page 7 of 297 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links