Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 72

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Ramjet Quick story; I have my car serviced at Vans Honda in Green Bay. Went in to have oil changed they had ...

Page 72 of 297 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 4449
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    Quick story;

I have my car serviced at Vans Honda in Green Bay. Went in to have oil changed they had a sign. I took the time to talk to them about their sign and how in reality they were liable with sign up and with no sign they are protected under the law. I also told because of the sign I could not do anymore business with them. I explained that I intend to carry and would not violate the law therefore could not come into their business for service. Well I got an email indicating they did some research agreed with my dissertation and took down the signs and would appreciate my business again. They indeed will get my business.

You can carry in a bar and if you do not consume alcohol you are fine and many bars serve good food.
    That's the way to do it, Good job
    WD54241 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandbuck View Post
    After recieving my permit today I promptly put my sp-101 in my holster and my wife and daughter decided to go out to eat. We pulled into the local Pizza Hut parking lot and noticed the "no firearms allowed" sticker on the door. Now they have every right to post that, but I have every right to eat somewhere else. So I took my pocket full of money and spent it at another local eats place. Pizza Hut must be making all kinds of money in these hard times that they can be so ignorant. I will call the manager and let him know he lost out on income today and my family will never go there until that silly sign comes down. I love proving a point!
    I to have contacted Aldi inc and Applebees for their no wepons signs I informed them they are making their busineses a easy target for crimnals for they do not follow signs but law abiding citizens do. Then I informed them wisconsin law gives immunity to places that allow ccw but does not mention places that don't. We'll see what happens.

app mailed nov3
    check cashed nov17
    no permit today
    WD54241 likes this.

Ladies and gentlemen, as the OP, I would like to release a little information I received from a source inside the DOJ. As of today, the DOJ website is averaging 10,000 downloads of applications per day. They are receiving between 500-1000 applications per day, with a high of approx. 7500 on a single day. They are turning out permits as quickly as background checks and CORRECTLY filled out applications are reviewed. Usually, the training requirements are the most common reason for denial. Meaning that either you are not providing adequate training requirements, as outlined on their website, are not providing the affirmation form DJ-LE-289 verifying a current or expired license is not revoked for cause, or some type of clerical/demographic information problem. They are understaffed (big surprise??), and did not expect such an avalanche. They are trying to add staff, but logically, those people also must be background/reference checked. My advice is to continue waiting PATIENTLY, stay off the phones, and let the system work. Review your application procedure to make sure you crossed your T's, dotted your i's, and included all the required materials. This law is the result of a victory in a long battle, so please exercise some patience and civility to those that are working hard to get you the fruits of this victory.

I quote the WI DOJ Application Page:

"Training Requirements
    Act 35 requires applicants to provide proof of firearms safety training. Any one of the below listed documents will be accepted as proof of meeting the law’s training requirement:
    1. The hunter education program established under s. 29.591 or a substantially similar program that is established by another state, country, or province and that is recognized by the department of natural resources. (Note: you can obtain a duplicate Wisconsin hunter education certificate instantly online)

2. An unrevoked concealed carry license from another state or jurisdiction. You must enclose the affirmation form DJ-LE-289 verifying it is not revoked for cause. The license may be current or expired.

3. Proof of military, law enforcement, or security firearms training.

•Former military: DD214 or DD256 form showing either “honorable” or “general under honorable conditions” discharge or release from the US military. Remember to include copy 4 of the DD214.
    •Active military: Certificate of completion of basic training with service record of successful completion of small arms training.
    •Law enforcement: Certification letter from the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board or Law Enforcement Standards Board Transcript of Recruit Course Completion from Wisconsin or another state.
    •Security: Department of Safety and Professional Services Firearms Certification of Proficiency or similar course in another state.

4. Department of Justice Firearm Safety Course certificate (issued by DOJ-certified instructors).

5. Firearms safety or training certificate from a course taught by a national or state organization that certifies firearms instructors, or by an instructor certified by a national or state organization that certifies firearms instructors, or to the public by a law enforcement agency. If you participate in one of these courses, attach a copy of the certificate or affidavit from that course containing the following information:
    a.Applicant’s name
    b.Name of the firearms safety or training course.
    c.Date on which the applicant completed the firearms safety or training course
    d.The name of the instructor who taught the firearms safety or training course and the name of the agency or organization that certified the instructor.
    **Any one of the proof of training documents listed in #1-#5 are sufficient. For example, a person who submits a DNR hunter education certificate is not required to submit documentation of #2-#5."

Agreed! send a registered letter on day 45 after checking your mail, all you need to include is a copy of the check you sent them the date it was sent and your return address.

FYI: Send the letter via certified mail [less expensive] with return receipt requested [that will let you know when it was received and by who].

Registered mail is expensive and is usually only used for items/documents of value.

I found a link on the internet to some cards that basically have the no guns = no money pictures on them, its a pdf file that you just copy what type gun you want and print them on standard business cards from your computer. I did this and added the part of liability on the back, so now when I walk up to a place that has a sign I make it a point to leave my weapon in the car and walk in and give the manager, or whoever is in charge, one of the business cards and tell them that there are plenty of other places that want my money and at the same time respect my rights. I usually get, its not store but corporate policy excuses and my response is a polite, its a shame it has to effect local business, someone should talk to corporate about changing the policy.

I am always calm and polite and never get nasty or condescending, as I believe in thier right to put up the sign in thier business as much as my right to carry, each have there own consequences, they don't get my money, but I have to go somewhere else, which I am happy to do.

http://www.learntocarry.com/nogunsnomoney/

This link will take you to the where I found the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandbuck View Post
    After recieving my permit today I promptly put my sp-101 in my holster and my wife and daughter decided to go out to eat. We pulled into the local Pizza Hut parking lot and noticed the "no firearms allowed" sticker on the door. Now they have every right to post that, but I have every right to eat somewhere else. So I took my pocket full of money and spent it at another local eats place. Pizza Hut must be making all kinds of money in these hard times that they can be so ignorant. I will call the manager and let him know he lost out on income today and my family will never go there until that silly sign comes down. I love proving a point!

Quote Originally Posted by rfb45colt View Post
    Received by DOJ between 11/1 & 12/1 = 45 days. Received by DOJ on 12/2 or after = 21 days.
    (2) Notwithstanding section 175.60 (9) (b) of the statutes,
    as created by this act, beginning on the effective date
    of this subsection and ending on the first day of the 5th
    month beginning after the effective date of this subsection,
    the department of justice shall, as soon as practica2011
    Wisconsin Act 35 − 20 − 2011 Senate Bill 93
    ble and without delay, but no longer than 45 days, after
    receiving a complete application under section 175.60
    (7) of the statutes, as created by this act, for a license to
    carry a concealed weapon, do one of the following:
    (a) Issue the license and promptly send the licensee
    his or her license document by 1st class mail.

175.60 (9) (b) Within 21 days after receiving a complete application under sub. (7), the department shall do one of the following:
    175.60(9)(b)1. 1. Issue the license and promptly send the licensee his or her license document by 1st class mail.

My understand of the law is the 45 day rule is until April 1, 2012 after it becomes 21 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    (2) Notwithstanding section 175.60 (9) (b) of the statutes,
    as created by this act, beginning on the effective date
    of this subsection and ending on the first day of the 5th
    month beginning after the effective date of this subsection,
    the department of justice shall, as soon as practica2011
    Wisconsin Act 35 − 20 − 2011 Senate Bill 93
    ble and without delay, but no longer than 45 days, after
    receiving a complete application under section 175.60
    (7) of the statutes, as created by this act, for a license to
    carry a concealed weapon, do one of the following:
    (a) Issue the license and promptly send the licensee
    his or her license document by 1st class mail.

175.60 (9) (b) Within 21 days after receiving a complete application under sub. (7), the department shall do one of the following:
    175.60(9)(b)1. 1. Issue the license and promptly send the licensee his or her license document by 1st class mail.

My understand of the law is the 45 day rule is until April 1, 2012 after it becomes 21 days.
    I'm no lawyer or even close but here is how I see it and believe where certain websites report the Dec. 1 date. The law was signed into law in July so the "first day of the 5th month beginning after the effective date" would bring it to Dec. 1. HOWEVER, you do bring up a good point. The law didn't come into effect until Nov. 1, so is the true effective date July when it was signed or Nov. 1st?

Ccw

Mailed out
    Nov 20
    Check cleared
    Nov 30
    Waiting

Still waiting

mailed 11/7............checked cashed 11/21.....................still waiting they sure took the goodie out of this for a lot of folks

Quote Originally Posted by farmermom View Post
    mailed 11/7............checked cashed 11/21.....................still waiting they sure took the goodie out of this for a lot of folks
    Shows how "wacked" the process is.

I mailed mine on 11/09
    Checked cleared 11/21
    Issued 12/05
    Mailed 12/06
    Received 12/07
    Permit # mid 19,000

I will no longer check the mail if it comes it comes. That in no way gives any logic to the time it took to get here and the difference between check cashing and receiving. I do understand be patient but this to the extreme. There should be someone in the DOJ that has to answer to this FUBAR. Many of you like myself jumped through the hoops and to see other that have mailed later and received sooner is a slap in the face. Call the DOJ and keep them in check and let them know how unhappy you are with this process.
    WD54241 likes this.

Top o' the Mornin, Coffee is hot, lots of good reading posted over night. I'm encouraged by the postings from yesterday and I'm happy for those people.
    I'm equally encouraged that it appears those of us who filed early on are finally being found and processed. I for one can't wait to get off this rerun episode of LOST.
    I'm hopeful that today will be the day! LOL, but than again I've been saying that for over a month. Life has taught me a lot of hard lessons and I'm a firm believer in Murphy's rule of law! I've stopped holding my breath it's making me dizzy! I now have duck tape that I'll wrap around my head to keep it from exploding! Keep your fingers crossed, good luck...
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerdog77 View Post
    I to have contacted Aldi inc and Applebees for their no wepons signs I informed them they are making their busineses a easy target for crimnals for they do not follow signs but law abiding citizens do. Then I informed them wisconsin law gives immunity to places that allow ccw but does not mention places that don't. We'll see what happens.
    The only place I've seen thus far is Buffalo Wild Wings. However, I can't eat wings without beer so the point is mute there. As for Applebees, their food has gotten worse over the years and I won't eat there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by airbrn2b View Post
    The only place I've seen thus far is Buffalo Wild Wings. However, I can't eat wings without beer so the point is mute there. As for Applebees, their food has gotten worse over the years and I won't eat there anymore.
    I'm kinda thinking "hoping" after awhile and things settle down the business community will come around.

Quote Originally Posted by airbrn2b View Post
    I have noticed the food quality at Applebee's is gotten worse, and smaller portions for more money. I always get the bourbon street steak, first they deleted the bread, now you don't get any veggies unless you order for extra money...I too will not go there anymore.

Links