Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 40 days since I sent mine and the wife's in. I'm not so sure were on the downhill side of our wait though!!!!...

Page 73 of 297 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 4444
Like Tree2175Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Where The Bluffs,Mississippi, and Eagles Meet.
    40 days since I sent mine and the wife's in. I'm not so sure were on the downhill side of our wait though!!!!
    WD54241 and magic4833 like this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by airbrn2b View Post
    The only place I've seen thus far is Buffalo Wild Wings. However, I can't eat wings without beer so the point is mute there. As for Applebees, their food has gotten worse over the years and I won't eat there anymore.
    I was just at BWW in Milwaukee and I didn't see a sign. Maybe it is up to the individual location?
    magic4833 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CONCTED View Post
    40 days since I sent mine and the wife's in. I'm not so sure were on the downhill side of our wait though!!!!
    I understand your frustration! after waiting this long with no news it's easy to start wondering. My biggest fear after seeing over 20,000 applications issued, one must wonder if the usps will loose any??? I'm sure they will I just hope it's not ours!
    magic4833 and THEONLYGHOST like this.

I do believe the DOJ should have checked their barrel before this started, and made sure it was not clogged so they could avoid IT BLOWING UP IN THEIR FACE!!!
    magic4833 and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rlimke View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, as the OP, I would like to release a little information I received from a source inside the DOJ. As of today, the DOJ website is averaging 10,000 downloads of applications per day. They are receiving between 500-1000 applications per day, with a high of approx. 7500 on a single day. They are turning out permits as quickly as background checks and CORRECTLY filled out applications are reviewed. Usually, the training requirements are the most common reason for denial. Meaning that either you are not providing adequate training requirements, as outlined on their website, are not providing the affirmation form DJ-LE-289 verifying a current or expired license is not revoked for cause, or some type of clerical/demographic information problem. They are understaffed (big surprise??), and did not expect such an avalanche. They are trying to add staff, but logically, those people also must be background/reference checked. My advice is to continue waiting PATIENTLY, stay off the phones, and let the system work. Review your application procedure to make sure you crossed your T's, dotted your i's, and included all the required materials. This law is the result of a victory in a long battle, so please exercise some patience and civility to those that are working hard to get you the fruits of this victory.
    They may be getting all the apps downloaded and received but it is NO EXCUSE as to why the applicants within the first 10 days have not gotten their permits but yet applicants after have gotten theirs. NO EXCUSE!!

I do believe the DOJ should have checked their barrel before this started, and made sure it was not clogged so they could avoid IT BLOWING UP IN THEIR FACE!!!
    Governmental agency ( SNAFU = FUBAR ) is how I'm seeing it!
    magic4833 likes this.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    These are the same kinds of people with the same kinds of training nationwide that will be administering our new fair progressive health care system in the near future. Does that make you all feel warm and fuzzy?
    airbrn2b likes this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Agreed! We all know what happened, they know that we know! but this is the State Government were dealing with so I don't expect any better from them.

Yea they want us to have all are ducks in a row. Do as I tell ya not as I do!!

BUT: just make one small error on your tax return and.....
    WD54241 likes this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    I did in 2008, and they were up my butt like flies on stink! Finally got them off my back this past Sept... left a very very nasty taste in my mouth!! Trust me they "Government" are not there to help!

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    Yup you will be on the top of their list for awhile. They make a mistake oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by airbrn2b View Post
    The only place I've seen thus far is Buffalo Wild Wings. However, I can't eat wings without beer so the point is mute there. As for Applebees, their food has gotten worse over the years and I won't eat there anymore.
    I feel it is our responsibility to educate businesses about the dangers of baning ccw whether we patronize them or not so if you see one posted respectfully contact them.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    I did in 2008, and they were up my butt like flies on stink! Finally got them off my back this past Sept... left a very very nasty taste in my mouth!! Trust me they "Government" are not there to help!
    Reminds me of a particular great lie:

"Hello I'm Mr. Smith from the IRS and I'm here to help you."
    WD54241 likes this.

Yup you will be on the top of their list for awhile. They make a mistake oh well.
    Yes you will, it's funny how all of us have to have our taxes in by April 15th but our refunds will come if and when they decide...there should be a deadline for the IRS to get us our refunds or else they get penalized with interest and penalties!!!

Links