Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; well in any case they has over 20,000 applications in house by Thursday the 3rd if they are only up to 6400 then things are ...

Page 8 of 296 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    well in any case they has over 20,000 applications in house by Thursday the 3rd if they are only up to 6400 then things are getting farther and farther behind.
    kathie63 likes this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

2. Remove Ads

Well it took 18 days since I put in my application in the mail at 1am nov 1. I got my permit today. Number is near 7100. I carried my sig out to eat. The check cleared on the 15th. Have hope. Mine came. Very non-impressive looking card.

I was out of the country and couldn't mail mine until Nov 7th. Getting the feeling it's gonna take all of the 45 days to get mine.

Quote Originally Posted by presa_dad View Post
    I was out of the country and couldn't mail mine until Nov 7th. Getting the feeling it's gonna take all of the 45 days to get mine.
    betting some have to wait 90 days or more
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Now what would happen? State law says they have 45 days, if they go over that, can the applicant go to a judge/court and get an emergency ccp?
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

I mailed my app Nov. 1st, permit was issued on the 3rd, came in the mail on the 5th, check didn't clear until several days after. Number is right around 300.

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    Now what would happen? State law says they have 45 days, if they go over that, can the applicant go to a judge/court and get an emergency ccp?
    State laws with no penalties are just words on paper. Especially when they are aimed at the DOJ
    Anubis likes this.

Finally!! Very good day at the mail box. Received (3) items today. CC license #90XX mailed on 11/1, check cleared 11/15, received 11/19. Also in the mail was my new backup carry holster I ordered last week. And finally, my new carry knife (Benchmade Mini Griptilian Knife with Partial Serrated Blade 556S New carry knife (Benchmade Mini Griptilian Knife with Partial Serrated Blade 556S) with a Wisconsin legal 2.94" blade. My 551 used in Minnesota has a 3.45" blade not allowed in Wisconsin for carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    Finally!! Very good day at the mail box. Received (3) items today. CC license #90XX mailed on 11/1, check cleared 11/15, received 11/19. Also in the mail was my new backup carry holster I ordered last week. And finally, my new carry knife (Benchmade Mini Griptilian Knife with Partial Serrated Blade 556S New carry knife (Benchmade Mini Griptilian Knife with Partial Serrated Blade 556S) with a Wisconsin legal 2.94" blade. My 551 used in Minnesota has a 3.45" blade not allowed in Wisconsin for carry.
    Great news congratulations! Now hopefully ill end up with my permit....
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    And finally, my new carry knife (Benchmade Mini Griptilian Knife with Partial Serrated Blade 556S New carry knife (Benchmade Mini Griptilian Knife with Partial Serrated Blade 556S) with a Wisconsin legal 2.94" blade. My 551 used in Minnesota has a 3.45" blade not allowed in Wisconsin for carry.
    Wisconsin doesn't have a blade length law.

Quote Originally Posted by vista461 View Post
    Wisconsin doesn't have a blade length law.
    I believe your correct (sort of) but several major liberal cities (Madison, Milwaukee, etc) do, so better safe than sorry.

It's here!
    Mailed from Green Bay 11/01
    Ck cleared 11/14
    Issued 11/17
    Rcvd 11/19
    #89xx
    Plus two deer this morning. Doesn't get much better than this!
    "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."

Ok sounds like a good day guess ill get my hopes up, congratulations wooferdog, and just a random question anyone else's mail man deliever their mail at or after 6pm on a sat.?

I sent my CCW check in on the 1st of this month. The DoJ cashed it on the 15th. Even today on the 19th I have not seen my permit. Now my friend sent his check in on the 1st also. Cashed on the 10th and his permit arrived on the 12th. ***?

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit2011 View Post
    I sent my CCW check in on the 1st of this month. The DoJ cashed it on the 15th. Even today on the 19th I have not seen my permit. Now my friend sent his check in on the 1st also. Cashed on the 10th and his permit arrived on the 12th. ***?
    Wondering if it has to do with your whole mayor issue there in sheboygan, jk jk i know what you mean its frustrating

Links