Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 80

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; December 15th sent Nov2nd Received DOJ 8th of November Checks cleared the bank Nov 18th DOJ sent wife's permit Nov29th Sent Legislators email December 14th ...

Page 80 of 297 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 4448
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

December 15th

sent Nov2nd
    Received DOJ 8th of November
    Checks cleared the bank Nov 18th
    DOJ sent wife's permit Nov29th
    Sent Legislators email December 14th
    December 15 another day no permit mail lady already gone, no permit, oh did I just say that?
    WD54241 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CONCTED View Post
    Rugerdog77
    I really hate to say this but I'm thinking your on the bottom of that stack.
    When in fact if they would have just flipped it over you would have been towards the top where ya should have been.
    Every one of us that have not gotten it yet should call DOJ and tell them to flip the pile so we are back on top!!!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Interesting piece of info from this article: Sheriff's department has concealed weapon scenario-based training for traffic stops | The Oshkosh Northwestern | thenorthwestern.com

The Wisconsin Department of Justice has received 57,461 concealed carry permit applications since the law went into effect Nov. 1, and had issued 25,995 permits as of Wednesday.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CONCTED View Post
    WD54241
    Mine was cashed on the 15
    Yours was cashed on the 16
    Wife's was cashed on the 17
    Bet we are all in the same stack and they forgot to flip it over.
    Wife got hers 12/14 I'm guessing you next then mine will be after yours.
    From your mouth to gods ear! I know whats going to happen if it goes past 45 day's.
    #1. Send DOJ proof of check being cashed.
    #2. WAIT for 2 to 4 weeks.
    #3. DOJ either sends permit or tells you to submit another application 50/50 "do we feel lucky?"
    #4. WAIT another 2 to 4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    From your mouth to gods ear! I know whats going to happen if it goes past 45 day's.
    #1. Send DOJ proof of check being cashed.
    #2. WAIT for 2 to 4 weeks.
    #3. DOJ either sends permit or tells you to submit another application 50/50 "do we feel lucky?"
    #4. WAIT another 2 to 4 weeks.
    That is why when your 45 days are up you send a "copy" of the application, training proof, cleared check...then they have it all NO EXCUSES!!

That's what I am going to do on Dec 22nd which is my 45th day...I have everything all ready and stamped "copy" on each paper everything is in the envelope and ready to take to the post office for the certified letter.
    WD54241, Jpeetz and THEONLYGHOST like this.

I've talked with some cops and it's interesting. half of them are cool with the entire ccw, the others hate it! I mean flat out hate it! I told the one cop since he hated it so much he should perhaps seek other employment. That did not sit well with him, I than said it's my constitutional right! I asked him is that what they teach in the cop school these days. He walked away from me. I'm afraid this poor fellow thinks the only good guys are the cops everyone else are the bad guys.

Morning everyone, Its thursday at the DOJ, on thursdays, DOJ employees who have had a lobotomy preformed on them get to eat first in the lunch room, not much getting done today on account everyone is already waiting in line for their food. However, tomorow just may be our day, on friday they have the DOJ employee with the shortest arms draw applications out of the giant mail bag labeled Nov1 thru Dec 15. This employee with the shortest arms, reaches into the excessivly deep mail bag, hands applications to the DOJ employee who can actually read, one at a time. That is the order the employee who can read recieves, (order recieved). It is unclear to me at this point if they just cash the checks... Or have further steps... But it is this drawing that determins order recieved. I think most of us from early november are way at the botom of the deep giant mail bag. Me may never recieve a permit at all. Our only chance is if the short armed lobotomy employee calls in sic I guess? I dont know about you guys but Im calling my congressman and requesting DOJ employees with longer arms, just another angle, sounds like everything elts has been tried???
    WD54241 likes this.

New to thread

Ok, I have been reading this for a few weeks now and had to put in my 2 cents worth. I too have been waiting for my CCW although I did not send mine out until Nov 11. I sent it first thing Tuesday morning on Nov 1 and had it returned on Thu 11/10. A stupid mistake that was all my fault :( Resent on 11/11, check cashed 11/21, cleared 11/22.
    I have not complained yet, BUT, a coworker sent his in on 11/4 and has had his in pocket for over a week and his father recieved his a week earlier than that. Can't understand why apps mailed on 11/1 would still be MIA??
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Well my mail lady will be here in about an hour. Sure I'd like to see it come today. But I believe I would have better odds at the powerball at this point.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Well my mail lady will be here in about an hour. Sure I'd like to see it come today. But I believe I would have better odds at the powerball at this point.
    Well, Im not totally convinced, but I tend to think we will get them before the 45 days, as long as I keep hearing that the 11/1 guys are still getting them I think their is hope, even if that is the case, processing them in any other manner than order recieved would seem to me to be an infringment on the law??? In what year did govt. go from writeing the laws to being the law???

I sent mine 11/4 and I am waiting like the rest of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig40 View Post
    Ok, I have been reading this for a few weeks now and had to put in my 2 cents worth. I too have been waiting for my CCW although I did not send mine out until Nov 11. I sent it first thing Tuesday morning on Nov 1 and had it returned on Thu 11/10. A stupid mistake that was all my fault :( Resent on 11/11, check cashed 11/21, cleared 11/22.
    I have not complained yet, BUT, a coworker sent his in on 11/4 and has had his in pocket for over a week and his father recieved his a week earlier than that. Can't understand why apps mailed on 11/1 would still be MIA??
    I'll give this a shot, at the start a lot of early applicants were processed and issued really fast. Than in one day DOJ had over 7000 applications delivered! Thats BIG I admit, where they messed up is they dumped those on top of ours making a mess of the process.

Where The Bluffs,Mississippi, and Eagles Meet.
    Hey don't burst my bubble yet I'm hoping that scenario of mine is correct. So yours has to be there today!

Where The Bluffs,Mississippi, and Eagles Meet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    I sent mine 11/4 and I am waiting like the rest of you.
    When was yours cashed I'll put you in my little 11/04 sent scenario too!

To break up the minotomy of disapoinedly checking the mailbox dayly, I will be checking the mail (while open carrying) In full battel atire including a WWII Gas Mask, The neighbors will get used to it eventually. On second thought that may cause some unease in the subdivision, I realy dont want the neighbors thinking this conceal carry thing is makeing me nuts so tomorow I will check the mail as a ninja, just to keep them off their guard.
    Ramjet and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Links