Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by WD54241 What RamJet was implying is that the BGC is taking on average 48hrs your application has to wait until a worker ...

Page 84 of 297 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 4444
Like Tree2175Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    What RamJet was implying is that the BGC is taking on average 48hrs your application has to wait until a worker gets to it in order of reciept. Than sent to the mailroom where someone else licks the stamp.
    You obviously have never worked with the Wisconsin background check system then. Everything is done online, and has been for 6, maybe 7, years now. The process literally takes no more than 30-60 seconds after you type in the needed information. The phone call being made is to the person who does the background checks. Everyone that does background checks has to have a login with the state system. There is a yearly fee for the account.

Most small companies pay a third party company to do the background checks as needed. Larger companies have a small number of people with accounts that will do the background checks for the company. The large chain stores make a call to the department that handles the background checks, and they give the thumbs up/down very quickly.

It's actually a rather efficient system compared to the old one that required a dedicated machine to call into a state phone bank to send the requests. I hated maintaining that computer. It was a major pain in the rear to get it communicating with the state again if something failed.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    You obviously have never worked with the Wisconsin background check system then. Everything is done online, and has been for 6, maybe 7, years now. The process literally takes no more than 30-60 seconds after you type in the needed information. The phone call being made is to the person who does the background checks. Everyone that does background checks has to have a login with the state system. There is a yearly fee for the account.

Most small companies pay a third party company to do the background checks as needed. Larger companies have a small number of people with accounts that will do the background checks for the company. The large chain stores make a call to the department that handles the background checks, and they give the thumbs up/down very quickly.

It's actually a rather efficient system compared to the old one that required a dedicated machine to call into a state phone bank to send the requests. I hated maintaining that computer. It was a major pain in the rear to get it communicating with the state again if something failed.
    What I was attempting to convey was the line waiting for the computer operator is what is holding things up. Our applications which were on the top of the pile initially were buried by the 7000+ applications which came in one day. Thus the people who filed after us suddenly were ahead of us. DOJ will not offically admit this however early on when people called the DOJ they were told this by whom answered the phone. Thats why people who applied day 1 to day7 are just getting there permits with high permit numbers. Thats all I was saying.
    hdman97 and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jburns3 View Post
    From the Oshkosh Northwestern today:

"The Wisconsin Department of Justice has received 57,461 concealed carry permit applications since the law went into effect Nov. 1, and had issued 25,995 permits as of Wednesday."
    This article justify's what we have been saying waiting from day one.. I filed on 11/4 and just got mine today issued on the 12/12 and my permit # 248xx. We were buried at the bottom of a pile.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Applied: Nov 1st
    Check cleared: Nov 11th

After 45 days of waiting and I got a letter of denial today for a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence. I never was charged with such a crime and only have a disordery conduct charge from 20 years ago...I was sent a application for an appeal process that needs to be resubmitted within 30 days and must include a blue FBI applicant card FD-258 fingerprint card in the event of mistaken identity/false match. Just more hoops to jump thruough and more wait time...where the heck do you get a figer print card from?

LC9
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    so as of 45 days their not yet half way thru the pile. hmmmmmmm
    Yea but that story doesn't say what the quantity received by day is. Not really a valid way too look at it.

What I was attempting to convey was the line waiting for the computer operator is what is holding things up. Our applications which were on the top of the pile initially were buried by the 7000+ applications which came in one day. Thus the people who filed after us suddenly were ahead of us. DOJ will not offically admit this however early on when people called the DOJ they were told this by whom answered the phone. Thats why people who applied day 1 to day7 are just getting there permits with high permit numbers. Thats all I was saying.
    That is an assumption, and you have no way to validate that. Anyone who says they've validated that theory is lying or regurgitating hearsay.
    Last edited by SIXTO; December 16th, 2011 at 02:36 PM.

Quick question bout ccw

Hey guys i have a question
    When i get my permit can i carry a expandable baton concealed?

Quote Originally Posted by sstttc View Post
    Applied: Nov 1st
    Check cleared: Nov 11th

After 45 days of waiting and I got a letter of denial today for a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence. I never was charged with such a crime and only have a disordery conduct charge from 20 years ago...I was sent a application for an appeal process that needs to be resubmitted within 30 days and must include a blue FBI applicant card FD-258 fingerprint card in the event of mistaken identity/false match. Just more hoops to jump thruough and more wait time...where the heck do you get a figer print card from?
    So sorry to hear, Bummer! APPEAL

This article justify's what we have been saying waiting from day one.. I filed on 11/4 and just got mine today issued on the 12/12 and my permit # 248xx. We were buried at the bottom of a pile.

Yep! That's exactly what must have happened! end of story. period. done LOL

Quote Originally Posted by LC9 View Post
    That is an assumption, and you have no way to validate that. Anyone who says they've validated that theory is lying or regurgitating hearsay.
    That is exactly why I stated there has been "NO OFFICAL" . I can only point to the previous threads on this page for the pastseveral weeks when people contacted the DOJ office that was what was said to them. Following this past weeks out cry on this site and others recent press releases THE OFFICAL STATEMENT from phone contact is to submit documentation and they will investigate. As far as my application I can validate that the DOJ signed for mine on the 7th of Nov, I can validate my check was deposited on the 16th, and posted the 17 of Nov and I can validate that my permit was approved on the 12th of Dec and mailed yesterday from Madison.

Quote Originally Posted by Alivefive View Post
    Only if you also have a shield

Quote Originally Posted by Alivefive View Post
    From the Wisconsin law:
    (j) “Weapon” means a handgun, an electric weapon, as defined in s. 941.295 (1c) (a), a knife other
    than a switchblade knife under s. 941.24, or a billy club.

Here is a link to wikipdeia defining a Baton also know as a billy club:
    Baton (law enforcement) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

[QUOTE=LC9;2104105]That is an assumption, and you have no way to validate that. Anyone who says they've validated that theory is lying or regurgitating hearsay.[/QUOT PAGE 1 OF APPLICATION CLEARLY STATE COMPLETED PACKETS WILL BE PROCESSED IN ORDER OF RECEIPT. I ask you how than applications which were not submitted until 2 to 3 weeks after ours make it through BGC and get issued with permit numbers around 13000 - 20000? There postings are through out this thread. If someone can offer up a logical explanation. DOJ wont admit to anything except they were unprepared, under staffed to handle the inital filings.

Lightbulb

While I to am waiting,I may be wrong but it was my understanding that the background check for purchasing a handgun is a differant check then the CCW check from my understanding the CCW check is an FBI ceck while the Handgun check is done by ATF if this is correct it would account for the longer time it takes for the check. also you have to take into acct. that nationwide there has been a 60% increase in gun purchases in the last 45 days so the background check is going to be overloaded.the otherthing I do not understand however is in my mind I would think they should have had baskets for each days new Apps and worked them from day one on. But then again I'm just a truckdriver and no one believes we can think anyway.

Was able to walk my dog tonight while concealed carrying.

App mailed on November 3rd
    Check cashed on November 18th
    CCW Postmarked December 13th
    Arrived December 15th.

Number is in the high 23xxx

Good luck to everyone else that is still waiting.
    WD54241, MrMeanor, mrkurt and 1 others like this.
    "In whichever way I might like to relate my life to the rest of the world, my way takes me always across a great battlefield; unless I enter upon it, no permanent happiness can be mine." Carl von Clausewitz

I fill out the form. The store guy calls it in. The last two time it took two days however in the past year the 12 other times I bought guns instant approval. Nothing has changed in that timer period.

Now Inpurchase allot of firearms so many the guy who answers the phone no my name before the gun dealer finishes it. The last time it was delayed he indicated the delay came from the worker not doing their job right. Approved me right then and there.

I have never had felony or domestic violence charge or conviction. And seeing they have approved me to purchase at least 50-60 guns over the last 10 years if I did they would be big trouble.

The call the store employee makes is to the DOJ hotline.
    WD54241 likes this.

Links