Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 85

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; PAGE 1 OF APPLICATION CLEARLY STATE COMPLETED PACKETS WILL BE PROCESSED IN ORDER OF RECEIPT. I ask you how than applications which were not submitted ...

Page 85 of 297 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 4452
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

LC9
    PAGE 1 OF APPLICATION CLEARLY STATE COMPLETED PACKETS WILL BE PROCESSED IN ORDER OF RECEIPT. I ask you how than applications which were not submitted until 2 to 3 weeks after ours make it through BGC and get issued with permit numbers around 13000 - 20000?
    I don't know. But I'm not going to make up something, or regurgitate what I read from some other forum and try to make it come across as absolute fact.

How do you find this information out. I have searched the DOJ website relentlessly. Please provide your source so I can watch.

Quote Originally Posted by jburns3 View Post
    From the Oshkosh Northwestern today:

"The Wisconsin Department of Justice has received 57,461 concealed carry permit applications since the law went into effect Nov. 1, and had issued 25,995 permits as of Wednesday."

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    I fill out the form. The store guy calls it in. The last two time it took two days however in the past year the 12 other times I bought guns instant approval. Nothing has changed in that timer period.

Now Inpurchase allot of firearms so many the guy who answers the phone no my name before the gun dealer finishes it. The last time it was delayed he indicated the delay came from the worker not doing their job right. Approved me right then and there

I have never had felony or domestic violence charge or conviction. And seeing they have approved me to purchase at least 50-60 guns over the last 10 years if I did they would be big trouble.
    I ordered a glock 32 Saturday, My dealer also advised me when it arrives there is a 48 hour wait.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

LC9
    Alivefive asked if he can carry an expandable baton concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by hdman97 View Post
    Only if you also have a shield

not true.

Here is a link to the FAQ on the DOJ website. http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/...q-20111020.pdf

Page 25, excerpt:

What type of weapons can I carry with a CCW license?
    The license is for a ―weapon,‖ which is defined as a handgun, an electric weapon as
    defined in 941.295(1c)(a), a knife other than a switchblade knife under 941.24, or a
    billy club. Wis. Stat. 175.60(1)(j).
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Yes the wait is 48 hours but background check usually is instant.

Quote Originally Posted by LC9 View Post
    I don't know. But I'm not going to make up something, or regurgitate what I read from some other forum and try to make it come across as absolute fact.
    You know I'm real sorry I didnt write the ladys name down at the DOJ for you. Perhaps were all a bunch of liars that have been waitingfrom the first week! All we have been asking for 38 + days was why were people issued before us? You can say were regurgitating your entitled! But the fact remains The DOJ stated one thing and did another with regards to the processing which is self evident, I believe the burden of proof that they complied with there own policy is on them.
    Para likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LC9 View Post
    Alivefive asked if he can carry an expandable baton concealed.

not true.

Here is a link to the FAQ on the DOJ website. http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/...q-20111020.pdf

Page 25, excerpt:

What type of weapons can I carry with a CCW license?
    The license is for a ―weapon,‖ which is defined as a handgun, an electric weapon as
    defined in 941.295(1c)(a), a knife other than a switchblade knife under 941.24, or a
    billy club. Wis. Stat. 175.60(1)(j).
    I took it as a joke, a shield being what a gladiator would carry or something.
    "In whichever way I might like to relate my life to the rest of the world, my way takes me always across a great battlefield; unless I enter upon it, no permanent happiness can be mine." Carl von Clausewitz

i now it seems to take forever but it will come

mailed nov 1

check cashed nov 10

cleared bank nov 12

issued dec 12

in the mailbox dec 15

#25xxx

i really love this site. i think it helped to read all the great posts!

really glad that people are taking a stand against businesses that post those stupid signs.

it goes to show that good people making a stand together can get great things done.
    MrMeanor and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Quote Originally Posted by david2024 View Post
    i now it seems to take forever but it will come

mailed nov 1

check cashed nov 10

cleared bank nov 12

issued dec 12

in the mailbox dec 15

i really love this site. I think it helped to read all the great posts!

Really glad that people are taking a stand against businesses that post those stupid signs.

It goes to show that good people making a stand together can get great things done.
    congrats!!!!

Angry Long Wait

Mailed app on Nov 1. Check cleared on Nov 10. it's been now 35 days since check cleared. All my paperwork was in order (purchased NEW pistol Nov 30, so i know that background is OK). I'm reading this blog to find that others had applied long after me & have received permits in less than 3 wks after submitting app. Called DOJ on Tues to inquire the delay & the person on line was also somewhat puzzled as well. She said to call back next week if not delivered by Dec 17th.

While I know waiting is no fun in the grand scheme of things we have been waiting unoffically for a long time for this right, does it really matter who got theirs when ? I think if we are old enough to apply for a permit we should be able to wait for the process to run it's course anyone who was aware of how many were waiting to apply should have realized that the original plan for 45 days was not going to be realistic. please lets all just be patient and appreciate the hard work the DOJ people are doin and dealing with.
    rstanek likes this.

I agree palletman and could care less who got theirs before me. What irks me is the obvious poor planning by the DOJ. They knew they would have to process many applications they failed to prepare and get the resources in order to deal with it. They didn't even ask the Legislature for additional funding for more people until the 15 th of November. The Legislature would not even take it up until the 10th of December. the of course you have to hire and train the new folks both temps and full time. So the management of the situation really irks me that is the core of the issue with many Government run Agencies.
    rokrok likes this.

K

Ok confused
    Can i carry a expandable baton
    With my ccw permit

update

Wife and I both mailed in 11/1 separate envelopes with postal money orders

me
    issued 11/29
    received 12/1
    high 15xxx

wife
    issued 12/12
    received 12/15
    high 24xxx

clearly she has a shady background
    "Oh don't apologize....I'm far too egotistical to ever be offended by anything people say....

TGP
    Quote Originally Posted by AIRWAR View Post
    How do you find this information out. I have searched the DOJ website relentlessly. Please provide your source so I can watch.
    Great info on number rec'd and issued. Where can I check the same info?

Sponsored Links