Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Carried for first time in Wisconsin today. First time sense i moved here in April. Felt good but need to get used to the weight ...

Page 9 of 296 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree2173Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Carried for first time in Wisconsin today. First time sense i moved here in April. Felt good but need to get used to the weight all over again. Course I'm now carrying a full size 1911 which is about 2X the weight of my former PC.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

2. Remove Ads

Jerp,

It reliefs me to read that your going through the exact same thing i'm going through with waiting for the permit. I have been making extra effort to come for lunch hoping to see my permit in the mail so I can only return to work with my side arm. I only hope Monday is the golden day now as I thought today was, but I was proven wrong.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Houston the permit has landed. Jerp and rabbit my check was also cashed on the 15th i hope you both receive yours on Monday. I am a day, for the USPS from Madison hopefully yours were right underneath mine. Issued on 11/17. Permit number 90xx So they are hopefully getting some kinks worked out. And I have been eagerly checking the mailbox for the past 4 days so you guys aren't alone.

Nothing today. Hoping for Monday now.......

yep same here just ran out checked the mail, all i got was a phone bill....... getting really really old... hoping for monday now.......
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Well my permit finally showed up, I feel suddenly different.

Mailed: November 1st from River Falls

Issued: November 16th

Recieved: November 19th

permit # 784X

My wife called me at deer camp today to say my permit arrived. Check cleared on the 15th. Permit #91xx

Wife, daughter, & I mailed apps in separate envelopes same day Nov. 1 from Mt. Horeb PO. Wife's permit #2XX arrived (used expired Florida license) Nov.4; daughter's #18XX arrived (used current Utah license) Nov.9; my permit #7XXX arrived (used DD214 & DD256) yesterday Nov.18. Wife surprised me with envelope at pre-hunt family dinner. Finally satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckman60 View Post
    Mailed mine out on the 2nd . Got my letter saying I was denied . The D M V some how has my drivers licence at my ex wifes address . I have never lived there , she bought it two years after our divorce. I have lived at my house here for five years , says so on my licence . Now I have to go to D M V to see what went wrong . I also have to appeal the denial . Way to go D M V . Does anyone have a clue how to proceed ?
    Or
    Did the DOJ cash your check? Even though they denied it?

I am a little worried if I will get mine I forgot to add a name that I used 26 yrs ago, I only used it for a few months then I got married...I have never been denied the sale of a gun and I have purchased 4 within the last 10 years...I just bought a sig P238 and they denied until I told them the other name on my DMV records...I had to get a printout of my DMV record because I forgot about that name! Then they gave me the approval for the purchase.

They did cash my check but still no guarantee I will receive the permit.

check cashed 19th

mailed 11/3
    check cashed 17th
    no permit yet

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit2011 View Post
    Jerp,

It reliefs me to read that your going through the exact same thing i'm going through with waiting for the permit. I have been making extra effort to come for lunch hoping to see my permit in the mail so I can only return to work with my side arm. I only hope Monday is the golden day now as I thought today was, but I was proven wrong.
    Hey rabbit, keep me posted if you get yours, cause then i will have high hopes, might get crushed. However, if yours comes mine should be there, so its a risk ill take, nesides not like my hopes havent been crushed for almost 2 weeks now lol
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

I work for a company that offers concealed carry training in Wisconsin. Our students are telling us that they are getting there permits back in a week or less, depending on the speed of mail delivery they choose. It really seems like Wisconsin is moving very fast with these, which is a bit surprising given the amount of applications I'm sure they are taking in. If this is any indication go to Wisconsin Class Calendar and look at all the classes we have scheduled in just the next week alone in Wisconsin.
    I work for a company that offers firearms training in Florida, Colorado, Iowa, Wisconsin and soon to be Minnesota. Please visit our website below or check us out on http://facebook.com/equip2conceal

www.equip2conceal.com

Not to rub it in. You will all get your permits soon I'm sure. But after about 10 days of looking forward to the mail it's sort of depressing to know that all I have to look for now are the bills. So you all still waiting remember that this is one of the few times your were excited to go get the mail.
    vista461 likes this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Ya know maverick, you make an extremely valid point, this makes it more interesting and excited, and i do have a shoulder rig coming in, but that has a tracking number so its not as exciting lol

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    Ya know maverick, you make an extremely valid point, this makes it more interesting and excited, and i do have a shoulder rig coming in, but that has a tracking number so its not as exciting lol
    I have a question for you. Noticed you live in liberville Milwaukee. Are you planning to honor all those no-carry signs being put up or will you be just ignoring them? Just curious. As for me I've always ignored them except of course for federal facilities and schools.

Links