Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 93

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Dogluvr Hello All- I have been pheasant hunting the past four days in South Dakota and had purposely not checked the posts. ...

Page 93 of 297 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 4449
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogluvr View Post
    Hello All- I have been pheasant hunting the past four days in South Dakota and had purposely not checked the posts.

Got home last night and guess what was in my mailbox!!!!!

Mailed Nov 1st
    Check cashed Nov 8th
    Permit issued 12-13-11, 25,600 and change

Well, we went out to celebrate and obviously I was 'strapped'!!

All day today, in and out of businesses, I carried my 45.

Wow it feels great to be able to do it finally!

To all those still waiting, hopefully yours will come soon.

Thanks to all for posting, it made me feel a bit better to see others were waiting as long as me, even though it was no fun to wait that long.

I will continue to read these posts and also post which businesses I see that have the 'No Weapons' signs, so that we may collectively boycott them.

Be safe, all, and enjoy our new concealed carry rights!

Looks like tomorrow I'll be buying that new Glock that I've had my eye on for the last two months.

Thanks again, everyone and Happy Holidays.
    Hey Dogluvr! I've been waiting for yours to show up! Can't believe we both sent ours in at the same time and it took this long for yours to come. Congratulations! The wait is finally over for you.
    "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."

[QUOTE=kathie63;2104984]I was going to Aldi's because they had a good deal on the spiral cut ham, but I walked in the first doors and guess what? "No weapons of any knd allowed" So I turned around and left and went to Logli's...plan on getting in touch with the corporate office.[/
    QUOTE]

When i got mine last night ,went to dinner with my wife . It sure felt kinda strange carrying my Bond Snake Slayer . I almost felt like i was doing something illegal . After dinner we went christmas shopping. The first store we went to was TOYS R US , and they had a sign posted no weapons allowed . Now we have seven grandchildren, we could have spent a fortune there . Went down the road and spent a small fortune at a cc friendly store (no sign) . Called the store to let them know they lost out on some money, and they should reconsider their posting at the door . Said it was a corporate thing . Man it sure feels good to finaly carry !!!!! To the rest of you who haven't got theirs yet , keep the faith . They'er coming

Thank you, WD54241, and kathie63 I am glad the wait is finally over. I apluad all for there patience and have been with you all on this site since day one. at least as a guest I hope the wait is very soon to be over for the rest of you. Thank You to everyone here and good luck.
    WD54241 and Buckman60 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by THEONLYGHOST View Post
    Thank you, WD54241, and kathie63 I am glad the wait is finally over. I apluad all for there patience and have been with you all on this site since day one. at least as a guest I hope the wait is very soon to be over for the rest of you. Thank You to everyone here and good luck.
    Merry Christmas, be safe my friend.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerdog77 View Post
    I have E mailed aldi corporate office too be sure to mention wisconsin's liability law I think that will have the most influence to getting the signs taken down.
    Would you mind posting the email you sent them? I would be interested how you worded it. Thanks

I Have my permit
    WD54241 and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkurt View Post
    I Have my permit
    when did you receive it?

I Have my permit
    Congrats!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    Would you mind posting the email you sent them? I would be interested how you worded it. Thanks
    I wrote to them in email that by posting their store no weopons they have made their store an easy target for criminals and is no longer a safe place to shop. Law abiding citizens will follow the rules and will not carry in your business where as criminals do not care about laws, rules, or signs. I also mentioned that wisconsin law states business allowing ccw are immune from liability if something should happen but says nothing about business that don't. by telling them this it implise liability and may get their lawyers thinking. I see Applebees is posted to I sent them the same email.
    Last edited by rugerdog77; December 16th, 2011 at 11:53 PM.
    kathie63 and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Thanks for the congrats everybody! how many people here from the first 4 days have yet to receive their permits?

I Have my permit
    Congrats!!!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Where The Bluffs,Mississippi, and Eagles Meet.
    Well got home checked the mail still nothing. Sent the 4th cashed the 15th.

Big congratulations to everyone that got theirs today great too see them making progress. Frustrating that their is not a method to the whole system.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Glad too see so many boycotting the establishments that post. Wife and I own a salon she runs someone asked if she was gonna post
    Her response how do ya know I'm not carrying. That sign will never post here!
    WD54241 and THEONLYGHOST like this.

LC9

The law reads how you stated it. It is simple as this ; the place of business that does nothing is exempt from any liability under the current law. However if you post and for some unfortunate reason criminal comes in and wounds or kills me there is no provision to protect that business because they denied me my lawful right to protect myself. Yup my wife will sue them plain and simple and she will win. To even further clarify there was business that wanted Attorney General Van Hollen to clarify this he refused saying that his office is not there to give legal advise. I personally hope that the legislature holds the course because businesses that post this do so out of ignorance and emotion. Very few if any really research the law and talk to folks on both sides. They react on emotion and misinformation thinking this law will turn our state into a wild west scene. That is as said ignorant at best. Emotional reaction.

Links