Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Crowman Since November 1st the low life's and criminals in WI are reassessing their "game plans". The Supreme Court ruled in District ...

Page 96 of 296 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 4440
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Since November 1st the low life's and criminals in WI are reassessing their "game plans".

The Supreme Court ruled in District of Columbia v. Heller (2008) that "the inherent right of self-defense has been central to the Second Amendment right," and that the Second Amendment protects a pre-existing individual right to keep and bear arms, without regard to a person`s relationship to a militia, including "the individual right to possess and carry weapons in case of confrontation." The Court previously recognized that the Second Amendment protects an individual right in U.S. v. Cruikshank (1876), Presser v. Illinois (1886), U.S. v. Miller (1939) and U.S. v. Verdugo-Urquidez (1990). [Source: NRA]

Attachment 55102
    Why CC is important.
    Police aren’t required to protect you: In Warren v. District of Columbia (1981), the D.C. Court of Appeals ruled, “official police personnel and the government employing them are not generally liable to victims of criminal acts for failure to provide adequate police protection . . . a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular citizen.” In Bowers v. DeVito (1982), the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals ruled, “[T]here is no constitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen.” [Source: NRA]

RTC reduces crime: Studying crime trends in every county in the U.S., John Lott and David Mustard concluded, “allowing citizens to carry concealed weapons deters violent crimes. . . . [W]hen state concealed handgun laws went into effect in a county, murders fell by 8.5 percent, and rapes and aggravated assaults fell by 5 and 7 percent.” [Source: John Lott, “Crime, Deterrence, and Right To Carry Concealed Handguns,”]

Attachment 55103
    Very informative! I'm printing a copy.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by IBD View Post
    FINALLY..............SENT Nov 3, cashed Nov 18, issued Dec 9, mailed Dec 12, We were gone this week but when I got home today (FRI) it was in all the weeks held mail....so don't really know when it got here. Just glad if finally did. The guy a few posts back was right....the anger melts away when it finally arrives....but it was still a pissy deal to have to wait so long anyway when I have been advocating/fighting for and pushing for this for over 10yrs now. It all really began with a now retired state Senator Dave Zien long ago.....from Chippewa Falls area.....a very strong advocate for CCW and our 2nd Amendment Rights. I believe the DOJ never really was geared up to handle the flood of apps that showed up in the first few days....
    Yup, me too. And Dave Zien has long been a hero to me. He's a down-to-earth guy (especially in person), and was/is just as strong an advocate for the rights of veterans as he is for 2nd Amendment rights. A real true American. The Democrats poured a ton of money into the 08 election to get him out of office. He was a top "priority" for them. He's was not my Senator, but I sent him a $100 campaign donation just the same.

Too bad about his motorcycle accident last spring, in which he lost a leg. But he'll do just fine. He's a fighter.

To tell you what kind of guy he is... I remember when the public hearing on the '05 PPA ran long... Dave left, and came back shortly after with a bunch of snacks for those still there... including some real killer jerky that I think he made himself.
    WD54241 likes this.

TGP
    Don't Buy List

Here is a well organized website Don't Buy List for Wisconsin, updated frequently by CCW permit holder observations:

Don’t Buy List | Wisconsin Gun Owners, Inc. (WGO) - Wisconsin's Only No-Compromise Gun Lobby - Wisconsin Gun Rights - Wisconsin Concealed Carry

Submit names of businesses not allowing firearms with CCW on their premises to the Don't Buy List website. The website also sends a letter to the business telling them that they have been posted to the website. The list is then widely distributed and posted in Malls and other conspicuous places for all to see.
    Jpeetz and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Morning everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ironfist View Post
    Hope by celebrate you don't mean drinking
    No, Ironfist. I do not drink at all. We went out to celebrate by getting some food and to test out being finally able to conceal my 45 on me!

Been carrying for two days now and still think it's so cool.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    Morning everyone.
    Not a good one tho? Not for me either. Just got my real estate tax bill. Were paying the tax bill for my father in-laws entire farm (for the 1st time) but I just figured out that my father in law has unknowingly been paying the entire bill for his son and grand son's adjacent properties as well. Guess i have some leg work to do in no-carry zones to boot. sighhhh hate these kind of lawyer/government messes. And of course it ALWAYS happens on a Saturday morning making me wait to make calls for two more days. Sorry totally unrelated but had to vent some place LOL
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    Not a good one tho? Not for me either. Just got my real estate tax bill. Were paying the tax bill for my father in-laws entire farm (for the 1st time) but I just figured out that my father in law has unknowingly been paying the entire bill for his son and grand son's adjacent properties as well. Guess i have some leg work to do in no-carry zones to boot. sighhhh hate these kind of lawyer/government messes. And of course it ALWAYS happens on a Saturday morning making me wait to make calls for two more days. Sorry totally unrelated but had to vent some place LOL
    OUCH!! Yea I can see where your not a happy camper. I kinda think his son & grandson wont be to happy either.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    OUCH!! Yea I can see where your not a happy camper. I kinda think his son & grandson wont be to happy either.
    Their both users. they haven't seen a tax bill in 3 years and never said a thing.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    Their both users. they haven't seen a tax bill in 3 years and never said a thing.
    I was wondering that point originally, but it's not my place to ask. You just don't forget your property taxes. It will come back and bite you every time! No excuses, that's like going shopping and forgetting toilet paper!

I was wondering that point originally, but it's not my place to ask. You just don't forget your property taxes. It will come back and bite you every time! No excuses, that's like going shopping and forgetting toilet paper!
    Yes you do have your work cut out for your father in law. Raise the roof at the tax office show them the error and advise them your Father in law should be credited for the 3 years! perhaps the tax official will back charge them?? That is so not right! but I also have a brother similar.

My buddy open carried today at farm and fleet. No signs posted. Nobody said a word just a few strange looks.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Got mine today!

App sent 11/07
    Check cashed 11/21
    Permit issued 12/14 #266XX
    Received 12/17
    MrMeanor, rokrok and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    My buddy open carried today at farm and fleet. No signs posted. Nobody said a word just a few strange looks.
    I'm glad your friend didn't encounter any hassles. I hope now that the CCW issue has been passed and our constitutional rights restored, we as a collective body in W.I. never forget that the right had to be fought for. Raise our children right teach them this history which we are a part of! because I can guaranty they will not be taught this down the road in school. Somewhere some how some anti gun fanatic will attempt to introduce a bill that will try and repeal our rights. Act responsible my friends. The anti-gun groups are licking there wounds and regrouping.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcmanna View Post
    Got mine today!

App sent 11/07
    Check cashed 11/21
    Permit issued 12/14 #266XX
    Received 12/17
    CONGRATS!!!!! Merry Christmas

Nothin in the mailbox today

Sent 11/16
    Check cashed 11/23
    Nothin yet getting old