Defensive Carry banner

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

461K views 4K replies 397 participants last post by  sdprof 
#1 ·
I know this is day one for submitting applications, but why not start a thread to see just how long WI takes to review, background check, and issue CCW permits. If you get ANY action, post it, and keep it going to the top. Wisconsin, boldly going where only 48 other states have gone before!

#5 ·
I sent my application with copies of my Utah and Florida licenses, all paperwork completed, fees paid, and delivered Certified Mail at a cost of $5.79 postage and return receipt fee. The receipt I got today shows it was delivered to them on 11/2/2011 at 8:04 AM. The clock has officially started.........

#6 ·
End of the first week and WI has received over 20,000 applications. They have approved just under 800 and rejected about 120. They have 18 people doing the processing and 10 of those are temporary part time people. They also said they are going to have to move people from other departments to help and work weekends. They are supposed to be issuing all submitted in Nov. within 45 days and after Dec 1 they must be done in 21 days. Yeah right. Using round #'s 1000 apps processed by 18 people equals 55.5 per person and assuming they did not do many on the first day, Tuesday, say 3 full days equals 18.5 apps per 8 hour day or 2.3 per hour. At this rate the first 20,000 apps will be processed in 12 weeks and that is using math that is very generous because exact numbers without rounding would be closer to 1.4 per hour. Even the DMV is more efficient.

#10 ·
They have approved just under 800 and rejected about 120

seems like a pretty high rejection rate?????

Reactions: Anubis
#15 ·
Just got my permit today. I sent it in last Tuesday, so it took one week. Me and my dad sent ours in at the same time, in the same envelope. He hasn't received his yet, which sucks. P.S. Oh, and I have been checking the bank every day online, and neither one of the checks has cleared yet.

#17 ·
The cards feel exactly like a drivers license, but the cards are plain white plastic with a laminate coating with very minimal lettering, with a round 3/4" DOJ logo on the left where a picture would be. The back of the permit has a large paragraph about Address Change Requirements and penalties, and the WDOJ address. Very generic looking cards. My old library card looks more important. $50 value? I don't think so. $1.50 at the most!

#20 ·
My license number is just over 1300! Got it in the mail today! I want to carry it, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong since it hasn't been allowed before :)

#21 ·
still waiting here. sent it on the 1st no lic and check not yet deposited either sighhhh....:frown:

#25 ·
You know, I've passed the Minnesota requirements and background search two times already. Still can't get comfortable with this process when civil servants are running the ship. Always feel like if anything could possibly go wrong it will for me Sighhh :gah:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.