Defensive Carry banner

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

461K views 4K replies 397 participants last post by  sdprof 
#1 ·
I know this is day one for submitting applications, but why not start a thread to see just how long WI takes to review, background check, and issue CCW permits. If you get ANY action, post it, and keep it going to the top. Wisconsin, boldly going where only 48 other states have gone before!

#2,081 · (Edited)
Guys and gals liberals of the anti-gun variety do not care about statistics or information unless said information helps them advance thier agenda. That is a fact and if you do not beleive me try and talk to one about a subject as CCW. You can put every fact and statistic with good back up and they still will argue with you and will not beleive you. They are well organized and have influence and sympathetic ear with some legislators and well.....presidents.

Be vigilant and watch your back. The opposition is against our CCW and they will not give up until they get it. It may be unlikely but not impossible.

I am life member of the NRA and can tell give more each year to the fund to fight our opposition.

Do not let your guard down ever.

Now as guns go I have many many the best I have is the 2 Kahr Arms one is the TP45 better than both my Custom Kimbers. The trigger is a nice long pull but very consistent and predictable. The gun is very accurate. Second ones the CW9 this gun can be tucked away IWB or OWB. This gun is a great little gun for concealment and the recoil is very light.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

#2,090 ·
That stinks SS# would have helped. I use mine on all handgun purchase forms. I do agree that number sure would have helped.

Fl has fingerprint requirement can you imagine if they had us do that in Wisconsin none of us would get our permits until March.

Well take the steps to correct it that will seperate you from the other guy with your name.

Enjoy your Christmas and maybe get out and shoot some ammo. I shot about 150 rounds today felt great.

Hang in there everyone who is waiting.

Happy New Year.

#2,102 ·
Good morning and Merry Christmas, house full of very tired Grandchildren, Thomas the train all over the place,Mickey Mouse you name it.
Today we will pray we can fix this country and maybe they will not have to worry about carrying a weapon. It is up to us to take it back.

Reactions: THEONLYGHOST
#2,103 ·
Maverickx50 I totally agree. The idea a rouge LEO is going to take your weapon without cause is much smaller than you making them feel uncomfortable by not telling them. Also most departments have dash cams. Well said and too the point.

Thomas the Train I remember that. Funny now my kids are young adults so GPS and Kindles. A few more years and I get to buy them handguns.

#2,104 ·
Just be careful in places like Madison LEO there are just waiting for the chance to take you down , they will make up a reason . You hear some of them bagging about who's going to nail the first tea party ******* with a gun. Sad but thats the world we live in now.

#2,108 ·
One of the reasons you wear a very small digital recorder when you carry concealed. I for one think that most officers are good those that re not will get weeded out. Pulling stunt in front of the dash cam would be really stupid and if you are within the law have faith you will prevail.

Too add to that thought if you didn't tell a officer as described by you and they found out then how do you think they will react?

Full disclosure for me and my digital recorder will be running whenever I carry concealed.

#2,115 ·
I sent it off on nov 20
Chrck got cashed on
Nov 30
When do i start counting days??
And do i have to inform the cops i have a permit and im carrying if i get pulled over for speeding or whatever?

Thanks!
No real pattern seems about 30 to 40 days after check was cashed when mailed in NOV. Except for reject ones they been making the 45 for ones summited before to Dec. 1
No your are not required to unless ask. But as you can see we have been debating if it is a good idea to do so anyway.
I speak only for myself I am handing them the CC permit with License right away. Not going to give him a reason to shoot me. As for the throwing you to the ground thing they do that anyway.

#2,123 ·
Ugh... just got home after 2 days at the folks home, was thinking for sure my permit would be waiting.... Nope. I guess that 1/1/12 will be day 45 for me... assuming at this point they'll use the whole time frame.

Sucks.. because I got 2 magazines, and a magazine carrier that conceals 2 extra mags for Christmas (IWB). Want to use it so bad!!! Got my LC9 at 4:45 and the mag carrier at 6:45.

#2,124 ·
Well we know it will not be tomorrow. That is the holiday so no mail on Monday. They are working tonight sorting but no Deliveries tomorrow.
LC9 is a good choice for many not to small but easy to carry. Recoil is not bad.

#2,127 ·
I've spoken with a couple cops in my city and in the next town over. After talking with them it seems "and this is not a scientific study" that the cops are split 50 / 50 some are ok with it and the others are 100% against it! I'm wondering of the ones who are against it what % are going to make life unpleasant for us? Theres not much they could do legally except write tickets for every infraction on our cars plate lights, window tinting, tail light out etc.

#2,128 ·
Right, what WD54241 said..........:blink:

#2,129 ·
Happy Holidays

:santaclaus:Marry X-mas to all and I hope everyone ccw or no ccw are is safe. to those still waiting my hope is with you and to those who have it congrats, warm wishes to all.

:bier: <---- (This smiley is not allowed to carry at the moment. lol) Always remember if drinking do it responsibly.

#2,131 ·
#2,133 ·
Well midday tomorrow everyone at DOJ will be back to work, the post office will be back on the street so good luck to all that are nearing the 45 day time line.
We have gotten a bit off track the last couple days because of the down time. Here is hoping the DOJ workers are all rested and ready to hit it hard till the New year Holiday.
A teacher I know jumped me about CC last night this is what I told her.
I would like nothing more than to go back to a time the only time I felt I need a weapon was when deployed. A time when I was at home I knew the police would take care of the few that would not follow the laws and protect my family and I regardless of any political correctness or their personal political standing . A time when the chance I would need to carry a weapon was so remote it was not worth thinking about .But that is not the world I live in today.
It is falling apart and the only option left is to arm and defend what is mine to protect.
Now not to carry is becoming senseless . This was not a path I chose it was forced on us.

#2,134 ·
Well midday tomorrow everyone at DOJ will be back to work, the post office will be back on the street so good luck to all that are nearing the 45 day time line.
We have gotten a bit off track the last couple days because of the down time. Here is hoping the DOJ workers are all rested and ready to hit it hard till the New year Holiday.
A teacher I know jumped me about CC last night this is what I told her.
I would like nothing more than to go back to a time the only time I felt I need a weapon was when deployed. A time when I was at home I knew the police would take care of the few that would not follow the laws and protect my family and I regardless of any political correctness or their personal political standing . A time when the chance I would need to carry a weapon was so remote it was not worth thing about .But that is not the world I live in today.
It is falling apart and the only option left is to arm and defend what is mine to protect.
Now not to carry is becoming senseless . This was not a path I chose it was forced on us.
I could not agree with you more! The stage is set I'm afraid, be it a natural calamity or terrorism the stage is set! God I hate to think that but it is true! I've circled the globe to many times to many places and saw what could happen here in our own country.

#2,135 ·
Smitty, why even entertain her? If you dug deeper, you probabily would find she had no respect for any part of the 2nd Amendment. I've seen these types, and the universities they are products of. It always starts out as a masked innocent question, and progresses from there. You must have been prepared for a direct confrontation.

#2,147 ·
Seems we happened upon another Pepsi vs Coke issue that will never get total agreement on either side. However we still need to be vigilant of how law enforcement operates in America. History and presently in other countries it shows how abusive they can get when left unchecked.

Are there good and bad law enforcement officer, of course there is and always have been. I would venture to say there are more good ones. Unfortunately as with many other laws this part of the law really ends up in "our court" because if we don't inform them immediately some officer will "go off" on us believing we tried to 'hide" something. Then as someone stated we may up paying an attorney to show the law was on our side. It is a shame that it has gotten to the point where we obey the law, in certain situations, it can turn into "The Nightmare From Hell".

Maybe the issue lies in the law enforcement departments is not having a policy on what officers should do in stop situations. I believe many problems could be solved if the officers were required by there rules to ask if one has a permit the same as asking for the drivers license. If I were an officer it would be my policy to ask in order to get that out of the way immediately. Last week I asked a West Allis officer if there was a department policy and he told me no. He said personally he is always ready when he does stops.

As to the video on the 'rouge' officer the following link has more data on that situation. There was suppose to be a postponed from September 7th disciplinary hearing on the officer December 1. No data on outcome or whether it even took place. I do believe the permit holder attempted to inform the officer but the officer interrupted him before he could could get it out. Also as the video clear shows the driver (permit holder) was never approached until 5 minutes after the stop.
Canton PD Notification Arrest & Officer Conduct

#2,145 ·
Update!

Sent: Nov. 3, 06:30 from west allis post office
Recieved by WIDOJ: Nov. 7
Check cashed: Nov. 15.
Permit recieved:???????

Driving to madison tomorrow to figure out WTH is going on.... PRICELESS

#2,151 ·
I will once again urge caution . The point of view you take and the one they take will only have one thing in common. That will be the point where you calmly except what they say and walk away. or they show you who the power is.
There is no one in government the thinks for a minute they own you anything.
You do not have to be a threat all they have to do is perceive you to be one you lose.
Ask your question quietly a politely if you can not except what they give you. Walk away and contact your representative let them talk for you.

#2,153 ·
vista461, No no one is cop hating.
jerp, Don't drive to Madison, calmly wait, practice the demeanor your going to need. This could have been done on 11/01/11 @ 08:00am, now is not the time. Just Wait!

#2,155 ·
AIRWAR may just be rite, it is entirly possible that a drive to madison will do little other than burn your gass. When I called the DOJ after waiting for ever I spoke to a real person that basicky gives you a Q-card response, be a shame to drive a distance for that response.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.