Defensive Carry banner

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

461K views 4K replies 397 participants last post by  sdprof 
#1 ·
I know this is day one for submitting applications, but why not start a thread to see just how long WI takes to review, background check, and issue CCW permits. If you get ANY action, post it, and keep it going to the top. Wisconsin, boldly going where only 48 other states have gone before!

#4,032 ·
Maybe we can reach 200,000 by November 1, 2012 to celebrate the birth of the CC law. :danceban:

#4,036 ·
MrBuckwheat; said:
as I am keeping track. thanks
Buckwheat... Here is my data for what its worth.
Application mailed Nov. 7, 2011
Check cashed Nov. 21, 2011
Received Permit #19579 Dec. 7, 2011

Reactions: MrBuckwheat
#4,039 ·
Wow, when I started this thread last November, little did I think it would get over 157k views. Great to see we have broken the 100,000 license number. Keep 'em coming. Motto for the day..."Recruit a Sheepdog". Congratulations to all who are exercising your 2nd Amendment Rights.

#4,054 ·
Here's a question.....

After completing my course I knew that I would be changing addresses soon (permit dated 3/24/12) and I just changed addresses (4/27/12). I have the form to address the change of address issue, I have already contacted the DOT and will be requesting a new drivers license, $15. The change of address form for the CCW permit says that there is no charge for a change of address unless a replacement license is requested, but also says that the address on your photo ID should match the address on your CCW license, so I should request a new permit card too, right? $12?

I don't mind paying the $12 to be on the safe side but I was wondering if anyone else found this confusing.

#4,055 ·
It appears you first get your new drivers license for $15 and then change address for CCW permit at no charge.

#4,065 ·
We are still doing rather good. On April 20th we hit the 100,000 mark. and the 2 above posters have permit numbers in the 104,000 mark. That isn't bad around 4000 issued in 3-4 weeks time. We can do better so keep on those you know to apply.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.